Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Can Still Punt For Penei
(12-23-2020, 02:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not going to lie I want to see wins. I almost don’t care who we pick this year if it’s still top 5 they will get a good player and there are good offensive lineman in rounds 2 and lower. Just get it right.

I think it’s more important to me to feel more confident going into Zacs Third year than draft position, and I don’t want to tank anymore. I’m just being honest here.

I agree man. Especially after a good Win, I just want to keep winning. Ill be honest before Monday night I didn't watch a game since burrow got hurt because I actually wanted them and expected them to lose out and I can't watch when they lose and suck, it hurts me and If im watching I have to root for them to win. I agree also about confidence going into next season we need that. 

outside of Sewell there is still some good talent at OL, 2 I can think of one is from alabama (I forget the names). 

Im going to be in Houston for this weeks game. Although I hope to win, I wont be mad at a competitive loss either. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jamarr Chase at #3 solves none of our problems.

I agree. Although I am a huge Jamarr Chase fan, I not a LSU or college football fan but watched a lot of LSU games last year and that guy can play. I would take him #1 if we didn't have other needs especially OL and DL. I like to work from the inside out, but Chase is going to be a star for someone. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jamarr Chase at #3 solves none of our problems.

Sure he does. He gives us a deep threat, and a true #1 WR. And another weapon in the red zone, which we’ve sucked in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure he does. He gives us a deep threat, and a true #1 WR. And another weapon in the red zone, which we’ve sucked in.

We got Higgins, but no matter if its chase, randy moss, or megatron we not going deep on anyone with our offensive line we got. So that's a no for me on WR at #3 or TE cuz I know a lot of people want Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:14 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: We got Higgins, but no matter if its chase, randy moss, or megatron we not going deep on anyone with our offensive line we got. So that's a no for me on WR at #3 or TE cuz I know a lot of people want Pitts.

The #3 pick is not the only way to upgrade the OL. There’s FA and multiple other rounds of the draft. You can say the same thing about adding another WR, but I’m going off the assumption Chase is by far the BPA with Sewell gone.

People will hate it, and whine about “typical Bengals pick” and “shiny new toys” but when Burrow starts hitting him for 60 yard bombs and stretching the field I have a feeling they’ll come around...

Reply/Quote
You all got it all wrong, this draft we need to go full D and make the team the scariest mauling team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:05 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You all got it all wrong, this draft we need to go full D and make the team the scariest mauling team in the NFL.

were in 2020 not 2005 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:09 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: were in 2020 not 2005 

That's ok  we'll make every NFL team start going back to 2005 with our D, by 2022, our D will be winning us our first Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 08:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Fields will have to get through Clemson before he sees Alabama.

You're right, I meant Clemson. I don't think they beat Clemson. And if they do, it will be because of the running game, not the passing game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure he does. He gives us a deep threat, and a true #1 WR. And another weapon in the red zone, which we’ve sucked in.

Ok. I guess I need to put a sharper point on this.

Jamarr Chase would be a great addition to any team. Even ours, believe it or not. I'd love to pair him with Tee.

But at #3 overall, he's a luxury; an extravagance. This team should not even bother doing anything other than fortifying both sides of the LOS with every pick this year. At LEAST the first 3-4. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The #3 pick is not the only way to upgrade the OL. There’s FA and multiple other rounds of the draft. You can say the same thing about adding another WR, but I’m going off the assumption Chase is by far the BPA with Sewell gone.

People will hate it, and whine about “typical Bengals pick” and “shiny new toys” but when Burrow starts hitting him for 60 yard bombs and stretching the field I have a feeling they’ll come around...

If he's BPA should the Bengals look at trading back?

I guess you must have more faith than me in the Bengals fixing the holes in FA before the draft to allow them to go BPA. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 09:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The #3 pick is not the only way to upgrade the OL. There’s FA and multiple other rounds of the draft. You can say the same thing about adding another WR, but I’m going off the assumption Chase is by far the BPA with Sewell gone.

Yes sir! Give me a WR over a LT as well. O-line can be acquired in different ways and greater chance of success in later rounds, while game breaking WR talent is much more difficult.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yes sir! Give me a WR over a LT as well. O-line can be acquired in different ways and greater chance of success in later rounds, while game breaking WR talent is much more difficult.

Well, to be clear, Sewell is my #1 preference. I only want Chase if Sewell is gone.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 11:34 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Ok. I guess I need to put a sharper point on this.

Jamarr Chase would be a great addition to any team. Even ours, believe it or not. I'd love to pair him with Tee.

But at #3 overall, he's a luxury; an extravagance. This team should not even bother doing anything other than fortifying both sides of the LOS with every pick this year. At LEAST the first 3-4. 

A 4th round rookie isn't going to fortify the LoS in 2021.

Rounds 1 and 2 is where you get year 1 starters. 

Rounds 3 and 4 you are looking at more rotational or developmental pieces. You might get a year one starter in the third round at a lower premium position (eg an interior lineman, running back or a slot WR/CB) and occasionally you get lucky and someone exceeds expectations but round 3 and 4 we should be looking at starters for 2022 or even 2023, not 2021. If the Bengals are smart they'll draft rounds 1 and 2 to start and pair rounds 3 and 4 with veterans on short term deals in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 02:47 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The path to the 3rd overall pick whilst still beating the Ravens

Week 16
Carolina win at Washington
Atlanta at Kansas - can't expect anything here
Houston v Cincy - Texans win
Philly (tied) at Dallas - Philly win (or indeed tie)

Week 17
Cincy v Baltimore - Bengals win
Houston v Titans - if the Texans win Week 16 the Bengals can't catch them so doesn't matter
Atlanta at Tampa - if the Buccs have already clinched their play-off spot they can rest players allowing a shock Falcons win
Philly v Washington -  if Philly don't win against the Cowboys a win or tie here would preserve that 3rd pick for Bengaldom

I agree. I also agree with what everyone else said. Fields' stock is SERIOUSLY DROPPING.  They are all over the board over on the Jets message forum regarding what they are going to do with the number 2 pick.  Trade it....draft Wilson....or draft Sewell.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 11:56 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: If he's BPA should the Bengals look at trading back?

I guess you must have more faith than me in the Bengals fixing the holes in FA before the draft to allow them to go BPA. 

They should always be open to trade offers if the price is right. I just don’t want to drop back too far.

And I have no illusions this thing is getting fixed in one offseason regardless who we sign/draft. I just don’t want to pass on a tremendous player like Chase just because we have more immediate needs. Were aren’t that close anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yes sir! Give me a WR over a LT as well. O-line can be acquired in different ways and greater chance of success in later rounds, while game breaking WR talent is much more difficult.

This just is not true at all.

There have been 32 Pro Bowl WRs drafted since 2010 and more of them came from the second round (12) than the first round (9).  In fact there have been almost as many taken in the third round (7) as in the first (9).
Reply/Quote

Tee Higgins averaged over 18 yards per reception in College and was averaging over 16 yards per reception (just shy of 100 YPG) in his last 4 games with Joe. He can easily be a deep threat and a #1. Any receiver (better yet, TE) gives us another red zone threat. 

Drafting WR at #3 is like putting another coat of paint on a car with no engine. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tee Higgins averaged over 18 yards per reception in College and was averaging over 16 yards per reception (just shy of 100 YPG) in his last 4 games with Joe. He can easily be a deep threat and a #1. Any receiver (better yet, TE) gives us another red zone threat. 

Drafting WR at #3 is like putting another coat of paint on a car with no engine. 

You can come up with all the analogies you want, passing on a talent like Chase (if there’s no trade option) would be a mistake, imo.

And no not any WR/TE can be a red zone threat. Auden Tate 0 TD’s. Drew Sample 0 TD’s. Alex Erickson 0 TD’s. AJ didn’t get his 1st TD until week 11.

If we take Sewell 3rd, I’m sure you’ll be against Marshall or another WR in the 2nd, too. I can understand not wanting to go WR that early, but you seem to think we’re all set because we have 2 guys. And I couldn’t disagree more with that. We either need another high end WR or a real pass catching TE.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 10:05 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You all got it all wrong, this draft we need to go full D and make the team the scariest mauling team in the NFL.

Honestly,if we got a starting tackle and guard through the draft or free agency, and spent the rest of our picks/cap on D, I'd be pretty ecstatic. 
Reply/Quote