Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officiating crew is done
This crew has been bad for a very, very long time….years. Surprised they are still allowed to referee any NFL game.

The whistle…..geez-Louise. We tired of this yet? I certainly am tired of hearing about the timeout called where no one saw it, but it was allowed anyway. Point being, not sure if it’s because of rules becoming too complex, or officiating crews not being trained, or them just being poor to begin with. But, they’ve become worse. On top of that, this particular crew chief has been bad for a long time.

Anyway, you can’t blow a whistle as a TD ball is either getting ready to be caught, or blown as it’s being caught. Notice how no one is admitting they’re the ones who blew the whistle.

Burrow was not OOB when he threw it. That much is clear. To blow a whistle within a nano-second of the TD being caught would have been a travesty.

Raiders knew it was a TD. We knew it was a TD. Even the TV announcers didn’t say a thing about a whistle, and they probably had the best vantage of anyone.

Even the Raiders’ HC Bisaccia said..”There were a lot of things that went on both ways, so I have no problem with the officiating”.

It was a TD. If they then said it wasn’t, the officiating crew would have been overturned upon review.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:30 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: This crew has been bad for a very, very long time….years.  Surprised they are still allowed to referee any NFL game.

The whistle…..geez-Louise.  We tired of this yet?  I certainly am tired of hearing about the timeout called where no one saw it, but it was allowed anyway.  Point being, not sure if it’s because of rules becoming too complex, or officiating crews not being trained, or them just being poor to begin with.  But, they’ve become worse.  On top of that, this particular crew chief has been bad for a long time.

Anyway, you can’t blow a whistle as a TD ball is either getting ready to be caught, or blown as it’s being caught.  Notice how no one is admitting they’re the ones who blew the whistle.

Burrow was not OOB when he threw it.  That much is clear.  To blow a whistle within a nano-second of the TD being caught would have been a travesty.

Raiders knew it was a TD.  We knew it was a TD.  Even the TV announcers didn’t say a thing about a whistle, and they probably had the best vantage of anyone.

Even the Raiders’ HC Bisaccia said..”There were a lot of things that went on both ways, so I have no problem with the officiating”.

It was a TD.  If they then said it wasn’t, the officiating crew would have been overturned upon review.
Well put! Not sure how you stop the play when the ball is in flight? The official that blew the whistle was the line judge (#84), that had that responsibility on that side of the field. You can watch the replay and he is looking down at Burrow's feet to see if he was inbounds, not even paying attention to the rest of the play.
Reply/Quote