Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We WILL win on Thursday
Book it. Mark it down (just don't mark my words). Read my lips. Whatever cliche you use, use it, but know this: we are going to win on Thursday.

As much as there is to criticize ML for, one thing he's pretty good at is responding to really bad losses. I also think the team is embarrassed and will come out ready to do whatever it takes to win.

I'm not saying it'll be a blowout (not saying it won't be either), nor will the problems not be present (not saying they won't be either). I'm also not saying we will have a winning record this year (not saying they won't either).

All I'm saying is this: the Bengals will beat the Texans on Thursday.

WHO DEY
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Thursday IS a PRIMETIME GAME!!!
Reply/Quote
Treat them like it's 2002!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I highly doubt it... But I wouldn't be shocked. We had a surprisingly rare, dominate Primetime win against San Diego in 2010, against a tough Chargers team desperately trying to get a playoff spot. However, this is week 2. We're not going to be playing like we have nothing to lose. I don't see another blowout/shutout, I see us losing a close one. Frustratingly enough, we'll lose 21-17
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I highly doubt it... But I wouldn't be shocked. We had a surprisingly rare, dominate Primetime win against San Diego in 2010, against a tough Chargers team desperately trying to get a playoff spot. However, this is week 2. We're not going to be playing like we have nothing to lose. I don't see another blowout/shutout, I see us losing a close one. Frustratingly enough, we'll lose 21-17

It's not his style, but hopefully Marvin will have this team fired up and playing like we have everything to lose.

Maybe he can just get the players playing on emotion and get them fired up under the the basis of "if we don't win this, it's going to be a long road the rest of the year, so let's go out and kick some ass!"

I don't know what the hell was with Dalton, but let's bank on it being a one-week fluke and expect him to show up and play lights-out.

The game got out of control, but I think that, if we just eliminated a few early mistakes and bad breaks, we're playing that game to win.  I don't expect him to make as many stupid throws or bad throws to turn the ball over, especially when we're deep in their territory, and that first interception was just a good play by the defender to tip the ball.  The second interception was just a stupid play and you have to know that he won't do that every week, so we could easily have been up 7-3 with either of those.

We'll beat some Texans ass on Thursday!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Book it. Mark it down (just don't mark my words). Read my lips. Whatever cliche you use, use it, but know this: we are going to win on Thursday.

As much as there is to criticize ML for, one thing he's pretty good at is responding to really bad losses. I also think the team is embarrassed and will come out ready to do whatever it takes to win.

I'm not saying it'll be a blowout (not saying it won't be either), nor will the problems not be present (not saying they won't be either). I'm also not saying we will have a winning record this year (not saying they won't either).

WHO DEY

How many damn times have we watched a Marvin Lewis team get flat out embarrassed and think "Next game will be better" Shit No it won't. You think Marvin is going to have a Belichick moment after 15 years of this crap. Any other coach probably would have their team fired up and ready to kick butt this Thursday but this is Marvin Lewis. He can't get a team ready for a season opener much less a Prime Time game in 4 days. I would not be surprised at all if we get shut out again. I'm dead serious, if we score at all it will be the D taking advantage of a rookie QB, but it won't be enough because that rookie will shrug it off and resume to his Joe Montana imitation just the same as every rookie a Marvin Lewis team plays. This coaching staff needs to be shakin up fast. No point in talking about any of the players performances if this coaching staff remains.
Reply/Quote
I'll bet you we get HAMMERED on Thursday night.  31-3.   (and that's being generous)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
If history tells us anything it will be another embarrassment. Dalton looked horrible against a banged up Balt D that to his credit has owned over the years. But now against his nemesis Houston? Hell he might throw 8 int's. And you know Watt will get his share of tipped balls. If this team comes out Thurs and plays like they did this week Marvin and Zamp shouldn't have a job come Friday morning.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If history tells us anything it will be another embarrassment. Dalton looked horrible against a banged up Balt D that to his credit has owned over the years. But now against his nemesis Houston? Hell he might throw 8 int's. And you know Watt will get his share of tipped balls. If this team comes out Thurs and plays like they did this week Marvin and Zamp shouldn't have a job come Friday morning.

Well I don't know how banged up they really were. Most of their key guys were in place from what I saw, and they did add 2 excellent pieces to their secondary in free agency.

But yeah...Dalton had a 96.4 rating against the Ravens in his previous 5 games against them, dating back to 2014. So if this is what happens against those guys, I'm terrified of what will happen against his nemesis JJ Watt and the Texans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't know how banged up they really were. Most of their key guys were in place from what I saw, and they did add 2 excellent pieces to their secondary in free agency.

But yeah...Dalton had a 96.4 rating against the Ravens in his previous 5 games against them, dating back to 2014. So if this is what happens against those guys, I'm terrified of what will happen against his nemesis JJ Watt and the Texans.

It's gonna be a train wreck. Dalton seems to have his worst games when the pressure is on him. After this week I'm sure he's , As Negan would say "wearing his poopy pants". I expect pretty much the same from him this week.
Reply/Quote
Primetime game. We gon' git smashed.

Get your whiskey out, it's going to take a bottle or 2 to get through that 3 hour "football" game
Reply/Quote
I gotta be honest. I fully expect this game to get ugly for us fast and stay ugly.
Reply/Quote
Well to be fair the Texans have 5 guys in concussion protocol who they don't expect to be ready by Thursday including all 3 of their Tight Ends. There is also a report that Watson was limping after the game which may effect his mobility. It'll be interesting to see what the injury reports for Thursday look like.
Reply/Quote
We've won our Thursday Night game the last 2 years and are undefeated in our Color Rush uniforms.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Remember last year jj watt clowned Dalton calling him the red rider BB gun or something after the game on espn, I remember their offense didn't do much other than Hopkins catching a jump ball for a td on pacman. Really interested to see how Andy responds
Reply/Quote
meant that was two years ago, last years game between the two was pretty meaningless with key players out for both sides
Reply/Quote
I expect us to win against the Texans. I base this on the fact that they just lost to a team that wins about 30 games per decade.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Book it. Mark it down (just don't mark my words). Read my lips. Whatever cliche you use, use it, but know this: we are going to win on Thursday.

WHO DEY

[Image: attaboy.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, there is a glimmer of hope. Watt left the game yesterday with a dislocated finger, and Cushing with a concussion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really hope they pull out a win ... It will give me some hope for this season .
Reply/Quote