Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We can't even get a Penei.
I think there’s still a chance for Sewell at 5 if the cards land right:

1. Lawerence, QB - Jags

2. Chase, WR - Jets - They decide to stick with Darnold and give him weapons

3. Fields, QB - Falcons - Time to get Ryan’s replacement

4. Smith, WR/Parsons,LB/Trade - Fins - This is the most likely place for Sewell, but they might decide they want weapons too or Flores wants to take the defense to the next level or this could be the first trade and another QB taken.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: There is good and bad with trading back.  One bad is that it could increase the chance that another team could now trade in front of you..sort of like what Pittsburgh did to us recently.  

And you can lose out on the guy you really want, like what happened with Ragnow. If he was our center, Hopkins could have moved to one of the guard spots and we’d be in much better shape. But we all know how things worked out with that one...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What QB would they get then? Or do you think they stick it out with Darnold one more year?
I do think that Darnold has underwhelmed, but I also think he has not had receiving talent.
Their top two receivers right now are Jamison Crowder and Breshad Perriman.
They should have never let Robby Anderson leave.

I think they try to build around Darnold. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think they try to build around Darnold. 

If that's the case, they need a premier pass catcher more than they need an OT. Becton is quite good at LT. They have nothing at WR or TE aside from Crowder. If I'm NYJ, I go Chase or Pitts if not QB or trading back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I don't feel like WJ3 has ever completely lived up to 1st round draft pick status, while I feel that when not injured, Carl Lawson has been very impressive given his 3rd round draft status.  On a pure talent at respective position point of view, I'd lean toward making a greater effort to retain Lawson, and make a respectable, yet not over the top offer to Jackson.

What if Lawson was the first round and WJIII was the 4th rounder? Would you still make more effort to retain Lawson?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:12 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: What if Lawson was the first round and WJIII was the 4th rounder? Would you still make more effort to retain Lawson?

I don't know that I can answer that fairly, as the expectations would have been completely different had he been taken in the 1st round.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans 2 weeks ago - Sewell could be the next Anthony Munoz!
Bengals fans now - Meh, let the Jets take him, we have bigger needs.
Bengals fans when Sewell is still there when we pick - He's Anthony Munoz again!

They should, and it's not because I think Darnold is super awesome, but Ryan Tannehill became a top-tier QB after he got the hell away from Gase so dealing Darnold while he value is bottomed-out and using the #2 overall pick on a non-Trevor Lawrence QB just smacks of desperate crap franchise dealings.

Sadly for Darnold, it's possible winning these 2 games and the Jets missing out on Lawrence will doom him to being stuck on the Jets.  He was about to get sent to the Steelers/Colts/Bucs/49ers or somewhere other than the ho-hum pit of despair where he currently resides.  
Reply/Quote

If anyone should trade out it's NYJ. I feel they gotta hope Washington doesn't make the playoffs and offers up a deal. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bengals fans 2 weeks ago - Sewell could be the next Anthony Munoz!
Bengals fans when Sewell is still there when we pick - He's Anthony Munoz again!

They should, and it's not because I think Darnold is super awesome, but Ryan Tannehill became a top-tier QB after he got the hell away from Gase so dealing Darnold while he value is bottomed-out and using the #2 overall pick on a non-Trevor Lawrence QB just smacks of desperate crap franchise dealings.

Sadly for Darnold, it's possible winning these 2 games and the Jets missing out on Lawrence will doom him to being stuck on the Jets.  He was about to get sent to the Steelers/Colts/Bucs/49ers or somewhere other than the ho-hum pit of despair where he currently resides.  

You know who else Tannehill got away from? Zac Taylor. He was involved in QB Coaching him for the first 4 years of his career there. 1st year as an Assistant QB Coach, later 3 as QB Coach.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You know who else Tannehill got away from? Zac Taylor. He was involved in QB Coaching him for the first 4 years of his career there. 1st year as an Assistant QB Coach, later 3 as QB Coach.

[Image: edcdd168da010b687923e1012d26e86c.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: edcdd168da010b687923e1012d26e86c.gif]

Yuuuuup.

MIA Tannehill with Taylor: 61.9% completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
MIA Tannehill w/o Taylor: 65.9% completion, 5.4% TD/3.2% INT, 7.5 YPA, 93.2 QB Rating
TEN Tannehill: 67.3% completion, 7.3% TD/1.8% INT, 8.6 YPA, 110.9 QB Rating

There's a reason why he had to take an Assistant WR Coach job with the Rams after his time with the Dolphins and Bearcats.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If anyone should trade out it's NYJ. I feel they gotta hope Washington doesn't make the playoffs and offers up a deal. 

No doubt. They're in the same boat the Bengals are. A lot of needs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bengals fans 2 weeks ago - Sewell could be the next Anthony Munoz!

Yeah, but Gase's hot seat isn't turbo cooled. He's not going to be stuck in purgatory for 5+ years. 

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that I can answer that fairly, as the expectations would have been completely different had he been taken in the 1st round.

Fair play for admitting that, but I think when considering second contracts we need to consider their play as against their peers rather than against their draft position. I think WJIII is still an above average starter in this league but has suffered from being a 1st round pick.

(If we were picking 24th the year we drafted Lawson I'd have been ok with us taking Lawson in the 1st - I was really high on him - but had we done so I think he'd have been viewed as a bust).

Either way I consider WJIII and Lawson to be the second and third best starters on this D and for that reason I'd be keen to retain. God knows watching Leshaun Sims play reinforces how much we miss WJIII.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yuuuuup.

MIA Tannehill with Taylor: 61.9% completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
MIA Tannehill w/o Taylor: 65.9% completion, 5.4% TD/3.2% INT, 7.5 YPA, 93.2 QB Rating
TEN Tannehill: 67.3% completion, 7.3% TD/1.8% INT, 8.6 YPA, 110.9 QB Rating

There's a reason why he had to take an Assistant WR Coach job with the Rams after his time with the Dolphins and Bearcats.

On the other side of the coin, though, Goff has been on a downturn since Taylor left.
Reply/Quote
New CBS mock with Sewell falling to us at 5:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-49ers-replace-jimmy-garoppolo-patriots-add-kyle-pitts-cowboys-snag-a-cornerback/amp/
Reply/Quote