Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We don't need no stinking help.
(11-09-2018, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the Chiefs don't need any help on their defense?

Hilarious 

That's a good one.

Obviously the Chiefs don't care about winning either.

They beat the Steelers and held the Bengals to 10 pts while they scored 45 on our d. So who needs more help? You always try to compare the Bengals to superior teams while they are better compared to the Colts, Bucs, Bears,etc….
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 07:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They beat the Steelers and held the Bengals to 10 pts while they scored 45 on our d. So who needs more help? You always try to compare the Bengals to superior teams while they are better compared to the Colts, Bucs, Bears,etc….

If you're so unhappy with this team, there are 31 other teams you could be a fan of.  Hell, root for the Giants, they're Superbowl winners.  I don't understand the desire of some members to come in here and start doom and gloom threads.

We're 5-3 for christ's sake.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If you're so unhappy with this team, there are 31 other teams you could be a fan of.  Hell, root for the Giants, they're Superbowl winners.  I don't understand the desire of some members to come in here and start doom and gloom threads.

With a schedule that can easily end with 10-6 and a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2018, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same with everyone else here.  None of us are satisfied with playoff losses, but it is still ridiculous to claim that a playoff team is an embarrassment.  Just because I don't claim to be embarrassed by winning more games than most other teams does not mean I am satisfied with losing in the playoffs.

BTW I have found that most people who claim they are superior to others because they don't "accept mediocrity" usually live pretty mediocre lives.  So get off your high horse.  I am not impressed by whining.

But you're missing the point, Fred.  And the point is, the louder you *****, the better fan you are.  And if you don't incessantly complain about the obvious and unchangeable, that means you accept mediocrity.  You know--it's new math, contemporary logic.

There really is one simple thing about all this--being a fan of a team does not come with guarantees of championships.  It's enter at your own risk and this probably pertains to the Bengals as much as any other team.   This is a blatantly obvious fact that, for some reason, escapes many.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If you're so unhappy with this team, there are 31 other teams you could be a fan of.  Hell, root for the Giants, they're Superbowl winners.  I don't understand the desire of some members to come in here and start doom and gloom threads.

So you only want people who agree with you to comment? 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:25 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you only want people who agree with you to comment? 

No, of course not.  But it would really be nice to talk about football in the here and now without the ugly history being paraded around in every ***** thread.  Does anyone really need to be reminded every ten ***** seconds?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

And it's basically a miraculous 5-3 to boot.  Where's the applause for that?

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:28 PM)McC Wrote: No, of course not.  But it would really be nice to talk about football in the here and now without the ugly history being paraded around in every ***** thread.  Does anyone really need to be reminded every ten ***** seconds?

Sorry I'll post while wearing rose ******* colored glasses from now on.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 12:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: With a schedule that can easily end with 10-6 and a playoff spot.

I hate to tell you, but there's nothing easy about the Bengals remaining schedule. This team is quite capable of losing any of its remaining games. I three likely wins against Oakland and both games against Cleveland. I see New Orleans, Shitsburgh and San Diego as difficult to win games for the Bengals. The Balimore game has to be 50/50 at this point the way the Bengals have been playing and the same is probably true for Denver.

If the Bengals do somehow make the playoffs, they'll be double digit underdogs.

Things really haven't changed much with this team. The fans build up hope, but the team disappoints.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Sorry I'll post while wearing rose ******* colored glasses from now on.

Sorry my point flew right over your head.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Sorry I'll post while wearing rose ******* colored glasses from now on.

Translation--you'll keep saying the same shit over and over again.  Gotcha.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I hate to tell you, but there's nothing easy about the Bengals remaining schedule. This team is quite capable of losing any of its remaining games. I three likely wins against Oakland and both games against Cleveland. I see New Orleans, Shitsburgh and San Diego as difficult to win games for the Bengals. The Balimore game has to be 50/50 at this point the way the Bengals have been playing and the same is probably true for Denver.

Things really haven't changed much with this team. The fans build up hope, but the team disappoints.

Be careful . If you disagree with the rah-rah crowd you will be called too negative and banished to another team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:44 PM)McC Wrote: Translation--you'll keep saying the same shit over and over again.  Gotcha.

Right, and you and yours keep trying to replace the bengals cheerleaders.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:48 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Right, and you and yours keep trying to replace the bengals cheerleaders.

Cluelessness on display.  Do you bump into shit when you walk?  I realize lots of people in today's world lack the ability to see finer distinctions and only deal in absolutes.  Seems to me you have a problem with anyone disagreeing with you too.  Pot calls kettle black.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I hate to tell you, but there's nothing easy about the Bengals remaining schedule. This team is quite capable of losing any of its remaining games. I three likely wins against Oakland and both games against Cleveland. I see New Orleans, Shitsburgh and San Diego as difficult to win games for the Bengals. The Balimore game has to be 50/50 at this point the way the Bengals have been playing and the same is probably true for Denver.

And those three losses would give us 6.  The rest should all be wins for the Bengals, thus 10-6.

Who could we be contending with for a Wild Card berth?  We beat Miami and Indy.  At 10-6 it would seem we would have beaten Denver and swept Baltimore, so we would have the 6 seed.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And those three losses would give us 6.  The rest should all be wins for the Bengals, thus 10-6.

Who could we be contending with for a Wild Card berth?  We beat Miami and Indy.  At 10-6 it would seem we would have beaten Denver and swept Baltimore, so we would have the 6 seed.

Does the phrase "don't count your chickens before they hatch "mean anything to you cheerleaders??
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 03:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Does the phrase "don't count your chickens before they hatch "mean anything to you cheerleaders??

Like calling losses before the games start?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Like calling losses before the games start?

Some people just can't grasp a simple concept like irony.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Like calling losses before the games start?

So you can call five more wins before they are won but I can't assume they will lose any. Sounds fair.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 04:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you can call five more wins before they are won but I can't assume they will lose any. Sounds fair.

When you are complaining about assuming and outcome, you don't have the right to assume an outcome.

Your comment was exactly that, telling others that they can't make any assumptions, despite the assumption you had made.
Reply/Quote