Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-06-2023, 12:02 AM)motoarch Wrote: We only controlled it if we had won.  It was half way through the first quarter and your treating if as of the game was out of reach.

We just came off consecutive games were a 17-0 halftime deficit was overcome and a 22-0 was very nearly overcome.  A 7-3 lead in the first quarter doesn't mean anything.

We risked a 5 seed and no home games now we are no lower than a 3 seed with a chance of at least a neutral field in the championship.  A game most likely would have been the road team for.

The coin flip is a bit of a bummer but the ravens now have no shot at the division at all so they got screwed as well and the coin flip is a way to try level that out.  And that's only if they win next week anyways.

Again you’re proving my point, all the consequences of a loss, none of the benefits of a win. No middle ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Again you’re proving my point, all the consequences of a loss, none of the benefits of a win. No middle ground.

Damn you're reading comprehension is really bad.
Reply/Quote
What are the odds that we can have Jesse Bates fake a seizure and have the Baltimore game "cancelled" ?

(Totally processing the situation with morbid humor here)

Don't taze me, Zona !

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:06 AM)motoarch Wrote: Damn you're reading comprehension is really bad.

Says the guy who doesn’t know what controlling your own destiny means, and thought KC would get the one seed anyway if they won. You literally have multiple people showing you where you are wrong yet you are ignoring it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:02 AM)motoarch Wrote: We only controlled it if we had won.  It was half way through the first quarter and your treating if as of the game was out of reach.

We just came off consecutive games were a 17-0 halftime deficit was overcome and a 22-0 was very nearly overcome.  A 7-3 lead in the first quarter doesn't mean anything.

We risked a 5 seed and no home games now we are no lower than a 3 seed with a chance of at least a neutral field in the championship.  A game most likely would have been the road team for.

The coin flip is a bit of a bummer but the ravens now have no shot at the division at all so they got screwed as well and the coin flip is a way to try level that out.  And that's only if they win next week anyways.

Such BS, we didnt start out 17-0 did we?

And you think all of this is going to happen again:  

Our WRs are going to run wrong routes for 2 INTs, including a pick 6?
AND
Have a TD called back due to penalty?
AND
Miss 2 extra point kicks?
AND
Miss a FG
AND
Chase drop a bomb?
AND
We drop 2 TDF passes?
AND
Chase fumble in the 4th quarter?
AND
QB fumble for 6 called back as an incompletion?

You really think all of this would happen again?  Really?  We would play this poorly vs the Bills after what you saw Monday night?  I assume you did watch the game even if you are not a Bengals fan?

Reply/Quote
The easiest and best solution was to knock the season a week back and have the Bengals and Bills finish the game this weekend. It's a lazy Decision by the NFL plain and simple.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)motoarch Wrote: This flipped to an extremely toxic place fast.

We tried to be nice the last few days and look at what we got: Bills fans spreading wrong information trying to say Hurst and Hendrickson as dirty, the scoreboard was 7-3 but we got the worst outcome while the Bills can potentially have 2 home games and 1 neutral zone game. No one crying for our players mental health except fans. Look at being nice trying to give the Bills the option to decide and look at where we are right now. Idc, f*** the Bills, f*** the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: On NFL Network they just said the Bengals should be upset.

Nah, bet Z. Taylor just has that shitty little schoolboy grin on his face about now. Probably called the Bills' coach to see how he was feeling.

I'm very disappointed in the Bengals' willingness to take the ol' dick up the ass, while offering tender sensibilities to the Bills.  

See how that feels when America's new darlings, the Bills, are holding their shiny Lombardi Trophy.

Joe Burrow:  " We'll do whatever the Bills want."     Sick
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, that is what controlling your own destiny means

Lol. I really needed this comment.

Thank you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)motoarch Wrote: This flipped to an extremely toxic place fast.

Don't let us keep you from boards you may enjoy more....

Chiefs Planet

Two Bills Drive

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:10 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Nah, bet Z. Taylor just has that shitty little schoolboy grin on his face about now. Probably called the Bills' coach to see how he was feeling.

I'm very disappointed in the Bengals' willingness to take the ol' dick up the ass, while offering tender sensibilities to the Bills.  

See how that feels when America's new darlings, the Bills, are holding their shiny Lombardi Trophy.

Joe Burrow:  " We'll do whatever the Bills want."     Sick

No doubt we pussied out, we had Katie on the freaking committee... anyone think Jerry Jones would take this crap?  Ravens? Niners? Packers?

Reply/Quote

The Ravens not having a shot at the division is meaningless. If they win, they get a 50-50 chance of a home game against the Bengals.

The chance of a neutral field in the championship is only if KC and Buffalo both lose.  It does not happen if Buffalo wins the 1 seed. It does not not happen in any potential game between Buffalo and the Bengals. What are the odds of KC and Buffalo both losing. Buffalo walked away from having to play a game in the Bengals home stadium. 

Buffalo and KC both had 8 home games this year. The Bengals only 7. How is this fair to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Bills get off the hook from a straight beatdown and KC is gift wrapped the #1 seed, while we sit on the outside looking in with maybe having to play an away game as a divisional champ.  Cant make this shit up.

Yep.  Gdamn random numbers are looking pretty good about now.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
The Bengals/Ravens decision is completely fair.

Declining to extend the neutral site scenarios to a Bengals/Bills divisional game sucks.
Reply/Quote
motoarch Wrote:Damn you're reading comprehension is really bad.
Sure did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:09 AM)J24 Wrote: The easiest and best solution was to knock the season a week back and have the Bengals and Bills finish the game this weekend. It's a lazy Decision by the NFL plain and simple.

The Bills don’t want to play because they know we were about to ***** end the narrative about them and KC being superior to everyone else.

Pray for the kid but honestly **** the Bills and this little bromance people were cobbling together I hope we get them in the playoffs and destroy em.
Reply/Quote
I am firmly reverting back to my "give each team an hour to compose themselves and then get your asses back on the field or forfeit the game" opinion.

F being nice and F feelings.  THIS is what feelings get you.  A big hard one up the ass.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:04 AM)Nepa Wrote: That's a lot of ifs. I will add a more likely scenario. The Chiefs win and Buffalo wins. And the Bengals have to go all out on Sunday to avoid possibly having an away game against the Ravens, who would have the poorer record.  

Now if Buffalo and the Chiefs win, they get a neutral site option if they get to the championship game. But the Bengals do not get a neutral site option if they play Buffalo.

I could not think of a worse outcome for the Bengals. 

But you really expected a better one?
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:13 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Bengals/Ravens decision is completely fair.

Declining to extend the neutral site scenarios to a Bengals/Bills divisional game sucks.

No, it’s not. Ravens have a chance, and control their own destiny (to an extent) at getting a chance at a home playoff game… as a wild card. At best it should be a neutral site if ravens win the game and subsequent coin toss.

If bengals and bills meet in the divisional round, that should be a coin flip.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:15 AM)Science Friction Wrote: But you really expected a better one?

At this point, coin flipping last weeks game is 100x better.

No real benefit in winning this weekend, only consequences. The nfl is saying fu and suit up to the bengals. But the Bucs, are able to rest their starters lol.
Reply/Quote