Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-06-2023, 12:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Ravens had a viable path to winning the division if the Bills game existed.

I realize everyone’s idea of fairness is “screw Baltimore”, but that’s not going to be the move.

The Ravens needed us to lose 2 games.  We havent lost ONE game in 6 months.  They had zero control of their own destiny.

Reply/Quote
What has to happen for this putrid, ill-advised agreement to pass?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This thread is about us getting hosed. There's already another thread about us getting screwed. You posted in the wrong thread

Hilarious

Don't worry screwers and hosers, Bengals are going to beat everybody and will be back at the Super Bowl. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:27 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: It would probably have been better for the Bengals if they just gave them a tie, since they would have at least clinched the division.  I don't understand what will happen if Buffalo and Bengals win?  Will that game be played on a neutral field since we could potentially have beat them?  Sort of like what is happening with Balitimore getting a chance to get a Home game against us?

They may have a special committee to make sure that doesn't happen, they wear black and white and have cute little whistles and yellow flags.....

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:29 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Ravens needed us to lose 2 games.  We havent lost ONE game in 6 months.  They had zero control of their own destiny.

That’s right. But one of those games doesn’t exist anymore, so that argument no longer means anything.

The Ravens had a chance. The NFL’s solution should also feature the Ravens having a chance. Otherwise THEY get hosed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:04 AM)Nepa Wrote: That's a lot of ifs. I will add a more likely scenario. The Chiefs win and Buffalo wins. And the Bengals have to go all out on Sunday to avoid possibly having an away game against the Ravens, who would have the poorer record.  

Now if Buffalo and the Chiefs win, they get a neutral site option if they get to the championship game. But the Bengals do not get a neutral site option if they play Buffalo.

I could not think of a worse outcome for the Bengals. 

You're right actually, as Buffalo would not have needed to lose this weekend had we won last weekend.  If KC loses Saturday, we should've been given the option of a neutral site AFC Championship. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not if we'd beat the Bills, The team we were leading when the game was called.

Every team in the scenario got screwed except KC

Really? So the #1 seed Chiefs, with home field advantage throughout...don't really have home field if they play the Bengals or Bills, since the game will be played at a neutral site. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No you’re just wrong.

This is treated as a loss for Cincinnati because not of these scenarios would be in play if we won or even tied.

We don’t control our own destiny for a 2 seed neutral site game, but Buffalo does for an AFC Champ neutral site game? When we earlier controlled our own destiny to a 2 seed?

But what if we would have lost?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:51 PM)samhain Wrote: So what happens when we pound the Ravens this weekend and the Bills lose?  Do we get the 2 seed or not?

Yes!!

Reply/Quote
Can someone please explain to me what happens if Bengals and Bills win next week and we end up playing them?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:35 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Can someone please explain to me what happens if Bengals and Bills win next week and we end up playing them?

Hope you like Orchard Park, NY in January!
Reply/Quote
Let's face it guys, the NFL just proved it cares nothing about the health of it's players.

More games with more starters now.. The fact the guy almost died on the field, point not even relevant. If the NFL was SOOO concerned about it all, they would cancel the season.

Let's throw a diversion by adding in a "Neutral" stadium bullcrap to avoid the real topic ..e..g player safety
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Great, now we got a 3rd thread. 

Imma need someone to start a "For those who believe the Bengals got screwed" thread. 

Well, if admin is smart...and we KNOW they are  Wink ... they'll merge those threads into mine, because i seem to be one of the few that are being rational and objective. 

DISCLAIMER: I have not read all posts in these "other" threads yet, so i'm assuming a whole lot are flying off the handle and only a few are being objective.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Really? So the #1 seed Chiefs, with home field advantage throughout...don't really have home field if they play the Bengals or Bills, since the game will be played at a neutral site. 

Yes, cause Buf and KC could end the season with the same amount of losses with Buf beating KC head-to-head. yet KC does not have to travel to BUF if they face in the Championship game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:35 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Can someone please explain to me what happens if Bengals and Bills win next week and we end up playing them?
We will go to Orchard Park to play them. We got absolutely hosed because McDermott were the one saying he need to see his player and then Zac agreed, then we agreed to let the Bills decide the game later and they screw us like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:31 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: That’s right. But one of those games doesn’t exist anymore, so that argument no longer means anything.

The Ravens had a chance. The NFL’s solution should also feature the Ravens having a chance. Otherwise THEY get hosed.

I am so glad that we have a few here worried about the Ravens possibly being inconvenienced and saying things like "we could have lost to the Bills"

Guess what, we could have also beat the Bills, in fact we were kicking their butts.  And the Ravens have sucked and in no way should get better treatment than the leader of the division and current AFC Champs.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Really? So the #1 seed Chiefs, with home field advantage throughout...don't really have home field if they play the Bengals or Bills, since the game will be played at a neutral site. 

That's not how I read this. If the Chiefs are the number 1 seed then any game against the Bengals will be at Arrowhead. Only if the Chiefs lose, the Bills and the Bengals lose does that possibility come up for the Bengals, and then the Chiefs would not be the number 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But what if we would have lost?

Ok so if the game plays out naturally and we lose then we have all to play for Sunday.

Now we have to win on Sunday despite winning the division against a rival who knows home field is a definite possibility.

Oh and btw the Bengals watched one of their opponents for all intents and purposes basically die on the field on Monday.

So no it’s not the same at all we now have to get ourselves up for a ***** massive game after the trauma of Monday while the Bills have basically got off with not wanting to finish a game as it would be too traumatic for them.

Make it make sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:38 AM)mitano Wrote: We will go to Orchard Park to play them. We got absolutely hosed because McDermott were the one saying he need to see his player and then Zac agreed, then we agreed to let the Bills decide the game later and they screw us like that.

Wow that doesn't make sense, why are they giving the Ravens a coin flip against us but Buffalo would get a home game against us its the same situation.
Reply/Quote
What would be the league's reaction if the Bengals issued a statement that they will be forfeiting on Sunday(or maybe even the remainder of the season) in protest if the scam agreement is passed tomorrow?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote