Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-06-2023, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Then we're pretty much in the boat we're currently in. 

No. Because then we have to win to avoid being a wild card. Now, we are the stated AFCN champs and there's only a 50/50 shot we have to travel to Baltimore.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:28 AM)Tony Wrote: You can't be ***** serious... The Bengals got completely ******...

No.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-For-those-believing-the-Bengals-got-hosed

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I am so glad that we have a few here worried about the Ravens possibly being inconvenienced and saying things like "we could have lost to the Bills"

Guess what, we could have also beat the Bills, in fact we were kicking their butts.  And the Ravens have sucked and in no way should get better treatment than the leader of the division and current AFC Champs.

They quite literally didn’t get better treatment. That’s completely false. They have to win the game AND the coin flip. That’s the mathematical substitute for the unknown Bills game outcome.

You’re asking for the division and home playoff game to be handed to you for free.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:35 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Can someone please explain to me what happens if Bengals and Bills win next week and we end up playing them?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-For-those-believing-the-Bengals-got-hosed

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Because then we have to win to avoid being a wild card. Now, we are the stated AFCN champs and there's only a 50/50 shot we have to travel to Baltimore.

For it to be fair we should either have a coin flip against Buffalo, or a neutral field if we both win or lose.  Why does Baltimore get a coin flip when we have a better record but we don't against Buffalo?
Reply/Quote
I think the only chance for a neutral site for the AFFCC for the Bengals is if the Chiefs lose, the Bengals lose, and Buffalo loses. If KC is the number 1 seed, then any game against the Bengals would be at Arrowhead. If Buffalo is the number 1 seed, the game will be in Buffalo. That is my reading of the statement.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:42 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They quite literally didn’t get better treatment. That’s completely false. They have to win the game AND the coin flip. That’s the mathematical substitute for the unknown Bills game outcome.

You’re asking for the division and home playoff game to be handed to you for free.

Win one game and a coin flip instead of having zero control vs a team that has more wins, 2 less losses, less home games, and less overall games?

This thread is BS, with all due respect to my friend rfaulk.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:40 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Because then we have to win to avoid being a wild card. Now, we are the stated AFCN champs and there's only a 50/50 shot we have to travel to Baltimore.

Nah, we could have tied. Suddenly bold font doesn't seem like the best choice. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Win one game and a coin flip instead of having zero control vs a team that has more wins, 2 less losses, less home games, and less overall games?

This thread is BS, with all due respect to my friend rfaulk.

Let me tell you what you’re asking for:

“The Ravens had a chance, and that chance should be taken away. Because I said so.”
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, cause Buf and KC could end the season with the same amount of losses with Buf beating KC head-to-head. yet KC does not have to travel to BUF if they face in the Championship game

Wait..with all these threads, i'm confused...

Are you upset that Buffalo can't be #1 by beating the Bengals?
Or are you upset that the Bengals can't have a chance at #1 by beating the Bills and clinch the division with no questions asked and in the very least, be the #2 seed?

The Chiefs won 13 and potentially 14 games to keep themselves out of this quagmire. Good for them. I don't think it matters but in any event...this decision guarantees that if the Bengals are in the AFCCG this year, they are guaranteed to not have to play it in Arrowhead. They're also guaranteed to not have to play in Arrowhead as the #3 seed, since Buffalo is now the #1 seed and then have to travel to Orchard Park for the AFCCG.

Where is the complaint here?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:47 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Let me tell you what you’re asking for:

“The Ravens had a chance, and that chance should be taken away. Because I said so.”

Let me tell you what you are asking for:

Bend over and take it guys, doesnt matter that we are the ones to get the shaft, it really isn't that bad, I kinda like the humiliation and being dominated....

Reply/Quote
Not great. Tough situation, and I am sympathetic to it, but there were better ways to reconcile this.

I think the option to complete the CIN/BUF game should have remained on the table pending the outcome of week 17’s games. After week 17, there are a lot fewer hypotheticals and permutations and a more clarity.

It’s disappointing but the Chiefs and Ravens think they got hosed as well.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:47 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Let me tell you what you’re asking for:

Our chance at the 1 seed and controlling our destiny to the 2 seed was taken away due to no fault of our own. So if ours was, why do you care that our division rivals wasn’t.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:44 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: For it to be fair we should either have a coin flip against Buffalo, or a neutral field if we both win or lose.  Why does Baltimore get a coin flip when we have a better record but we don't against Buffalo?

omg..

Because Buffalo and Cincinnati have played the exact same number of games and Buffalo has one more win than Cincinnati. 

Because Baltimore has played one more game than Cincinnati, so, even if the Ravens win, they have one more loss and have no chance to match the Bengals record and win the AFCN. They are literally not allowed to compete for the division because the Bengals didn't have to play Buffalo and potentially lose. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:57 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Our chance at the 1 seed and controlling our destiny to the 2 seed was taken away due to no fault of our own. So if ours was, why do you care that our division rivals wasn’t.

Yep, that sucks. Legitimately. I think the solution has some holes from the divisional round onward. I’m just calling the AFC North solution like I see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: I think the only chance for a neutral site for the AFFCC for the Bengals is if the Chiefs lose, the Bengals lose, and Buffalo loses. If KC is the number 1 seed, then any game against the Bengals would be at Arrowhead. If Buffalo is the number 1 seed, the game will be in Buffalo. That is my reading of the statement.

The one and only way anyone can be the #1 seed, other than the Chiefs is, if the Chiefs lose and Buffalo wins. Then the Bills have the same number of wins but one less loss. That would make KC the #2 seed.

The release literally says that any game between teams with unequal # of games, will be played on a neutral site.

EDIT: Not any game. the AFCCG.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:40 AM)Science Friction Wrote: What would be the league's reaction if the Bengals issued a statement that they will be forfeiting on Sunday(or maybe even the remainder of the season) in protest if the scam agreement is passed tomorrow?

It's a tough PR move for anyone that has a problem with anything the NFL was going to plan. The common fan understands that the show must go on, but there will be negative backlash to the team that makes this about them.

Two things can be true, we can be thoughtful for Hamlin and the schedule can be finished correctly.  Having a problem with the plan isn't disrespectful toward Hamlin.  We just live in a polarized society that won't see things that way.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The one and only way anyone can be the #1 seed, other than the Chiefs is, if the Chiefs lose and Buffalo wins. Then the Bills have the same number of wins but one less loss. That would make KC the #2 seed.

The release literally says that any game between teams with unequal # of games, will be played on a neutral site.

I believe that if the Chiefs beat the Raiders, then the Bengals would play them in Arrowhead (as would have been the case anyway). I might be misunderstanding you though.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait..with all these threads, i'm confused...

Are you upset that Buffalo can't be #1 by beating the Bengals?
Or are you upset that the Bengals can't have a chance at #1 by beating the Bills and clinch the division with no questions asked and in the very least, be the #2 seed?

The Chiefs won 13 and potentially 14 games to keep themselves out of this quagmire. Good for them. I don't think it matters but in any event...this decision guarantees that if the Bengals are in the AFCCG this year, they are guaranteed to not have to play it in Arrowhead. They're also guaranteed to not have to play in Arrowhead as the #3 seed, since Buffalo is now the #1 seed and then have to travel to Orchard Park for the AFCCG.

Where is the complaint here?

That is absolutely wrong. How many times do I have to say this?  Read the report. Only if the Bengals Chiefs and Bills lose and Bengals win (edited from saying number 1 seedd) would a game against the Chiefs be in a neutral site.  If the Chiefs are number 1, the Bengals play at Arrowhead. If the Bills are number 1, the Bengals play at Buffalo. 

Edit: Not number 1 seed. But only if Chiefs and Bills lose and Bengals win, so same number of losses. KC would still be number 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:04 AM)Nepa Wrote: That is absolutely wrong. How many times do I have to say this?  Read the report. Only if the Bengals are the number 1 seed (i.e, Chiefs and Bills lose and Bengals win) would a game against the Chiefs be in a neutral site.  If the Chiefs are number 1, the Bengals play at Arrowhead. If the Bills are number 1, the Bengals play at Buffalo. 

The bengals can’t get the one seed though, right?
Reply/Quote