Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-05-2023, 11:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: NFL to Cincinnati:
[Image: heads-i-win-tails-you-lose-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif]

"Enjoy your 9 road games and 7 home game regular season, because you're playing on the road in the postseason."

Cincinnati:
-No 1 seed possibility.
-Probably no 2 seed either.
-A whole lot of possibility for neutral fields in the playoffs.
-You can win the division, but still have to play on the road.
-You can win the division, have to play on the road, and still get a division winner's schedule next year.

Bengals end up with 7 home games. Buffalo and KC end up with 8 home games. And yet the NFL shafts the Bengals? The Bills and Chiefs had a competitive advantage with one more home games than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:16 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: No, it’s not.  Ravens have a chance, and control their own destiny (to an extent) at getting a chance at a home playoff game… as a wild card.  At best it should be a neutral site if ravens win the game and subsequent coin toss.

If bengals and bills meet in the divisional round, that should be a coin flip.

The Ravens also had 8 home games this year. The Bengals only 7. Tell me again how that is fair?

Edit: Sorry. Not replying to you. I don't know who I'm replaying to. Really ticked off at this point in time about being shafted by the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:17 AM)Nepa Wrote: Bengals end up with 7 home games. Buffalo and KC end up with 8 home games. And yet the NFL shafts the Bengals? The Bills and Chiefs had a competitive advantage with one more home games than the Bengals.

Well, to be fair…one bills game was played in Detroit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)motoarch Wrote: This flipped to an extremely toxic place fast.

It's almost like you came to a Bengals board telling us how great the scenario is while everybody else can clearly see how shitty the scenario is for us.

It's almost like your a Bills fan or something because we did not get a "very fair" deal here.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:16 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: At this point, coin flipping last weeks game is 100x better.

No real benefit in winning this weekend, only consequences.  The nfl is saying fu and suit up to the bengals.  But the Bucs, are able to rest their starters lol.

You are correct.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:17 AM)Nepa Wrote: Bengals end up with 7 home games. Buffalo and KC end up with 8 home games. And yet the NFL shafts the Bengals? The Bills and Chiefs had a competitive advantage with one more home games than the Bengals.

No neutral site if the Bengals have to play the Bills, either, certainly no coin flip to see who hosts it. So they get to potentially trade their road game for a home game.

Bengals are being treated like they got an L from the Bills game in about 95% of the ways that matter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The committee is presenting their proposal to the owners tomorrow.

It’s a no contest. The only shot at a neutral site game instead of going on the road for us is if both Buffalo and KC lose this weekend. If we lose this weekend they will flip a coin for home field for the Wildcard game if it’s against Baltimore.

So how did we end up with the worst competitive outcome. Just ridiculous.

No they didn't.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-For-those-believing-the-Bengals-got-hosed

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:13 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Bengals/Ravens decision is completely fair.

Declining to extend the neutral site scenarios to a Bengals/Bills divisional game sucks.

We went from winning 1 of 2 games for the division title to one game that if we lose we still have a better win percentage but will be the first ever #3 seed, division winner to play on the road in the first round.  

Take this "completely fair" junk elsewhere.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No neutral site if the Bengals have to play the Bills, either, certainly no coin flip to see who hosts it. So they get to potentially trade their road game for a home game.

Bengals are being treated like they got an L from the Bills game in about 95% of the ways that matter.

Absolutely. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This see very fair.  I honestly don't understand how some of you can see it any other way especially if KC wins this weekend.  In that case we wouldn't get a number 1 seed anyway.

But we get a shot at a neutral site rather than an away game for the championship is a situation where we would have ended up away anyways (if KC beats the raiders).

If we lost to the ravens we'd lose the division anyways and play away also but now we at least get a shot at a home he via a coin flip.

Just get over it guys this isn't as bad as you're making out to be.

100% legit and correct.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We went from winning 1 of 2 games for the division title to one game that if we lose we still have a better win percentage but will be the first ever #3 seed, division winner to play on the road in the first round.  

Take this "completely fair" junk elsewhere.

The Ravens had a viable path to winning the division if the Bills game existed.

I realize everyone’s idea of fairness is “screw Baltimore”, but that’s not going to be the move.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?  

1.  We now have zero chance at the #1 Seed. 

2.  We no longer control our own destiny for the #2 seed.

2.  If we had beaten the Bills we could still have lost to the Ravens and won the North.

3.  We go from having a shot at the #1 and #2 seeds, and now we are hoping for a ***** coin toss for venue for our playoff game....

And you think it is "very fair"?

Are you a KC fan?

What if the Bengals had ended up losing to Buffalo?

If should have no part in the discussion.

Reply/Quote
No F…ing coin flip. Winning Division gets home game period. In the proposed scenario the 4 seed gets home game Bengals get a coin flip? No way should the Bengals agree to this and Buffalo better damn will step up and back whatever the Bengals demand!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No they didn't.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-For-those-believing-the-Bengals-got-hosed

Great, now we got a 3rd thread. 

Imma need someone to start a "For those who believe the Bengals got screwed" thread. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It doesnt matter if KC loses, we have zero shot at the #1 seed.  We would be come the #2.

I understand that- that is why I would force what I typed to be added in if I were Katie, as it was a possibility before the suspension.
Reply/Quote
Everybody and their mothers know we got hosed. Ask Chiefs fans, and what deep down those Bills fans are thinking. They were cheering that NFL would obey them like 2 days ago. They know and we cannot do anything. I know the players are angry right now, Hamlin is ok, everything is back to normal. Anyone with a braincell and no over the top poor-guys-your-teammate-is-hurt feeling know we got hosed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What if the Bengals had ended up losing to Buffalo?

If should have no part in the discussion.

Then we're pretty much in the boat we're currently in. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It would probably have been better for the Bengals if they just gave them a tie, since they would have at least clinched the division. I don't understand what will happen if Buffalo and Bengals win? Will that game be played on a neutral field since we could potentially have beat them? Sort of like what is happening with Balitimore getting a chance to get a Home game against us?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:05 AM)motoarch Wrote: This flipped to an extremely toxic place fast.

You can't be ***** serious... The Bengals got completely ******...
Reply/Quote
I hate a resolution cancelling the game.

How about if playoff rank (the location of the game) could have been affected by the result of the cancelled game, toss a coin to determine game location. A nuetral site hurts the fan bases of the playoff teams.

If the league doesn't think this is fair, then if the Bengals end up playing the Bills in the playoffs at any time, restart the game in Cincinnati with the Bengals in Bills territory up7-3.
Reply/Quote