Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
(01-05-2023, 11:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Say what you want, but we are being punished by Goodell. I'd damned near wager a body part that Goodell wanted to continue Monday night and gave the 5 minute warm-up call. Zac and our boys refused and Katie told the almighty to stuff it and now we're now paying for it.
No proof, just my gut....and my gut is majestic.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

All the NFL had to do was just follow their own rules - that were already in place. That's the only part of this that's head scratching to me. There was absolutely no need to come up with a convoluted plan on the fly, because there was already a pretty sensible plan in place. 
Reply/Quote
I was sympathetic to the problem the NFL faced, but after closely examining this “solution” I’m really angry. They took a big dump on us. We got ******. Period. It’s wrong.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 01:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yet you and a couple others are totally fine with us being the ones put at a disadvantage?

No. In the beginning, i was looking at the scenario and seeing it from the opponents standpoint. 

Baltimore wasn't allowed to compete for a divsion because the Bills game was cancelled, Buffalo had a better record than the Bengals (you can't claim Bengals win without claiming the could also lose) and KC had won more games than anyone, because the Bills game was cancelled. 

After taking time to digest it, the NFL typically screwed it all up and were completely inconsistent with how they decided one certain WC playoff game, the #2 and #3 seeds and the AFCCG. 

What the NFL landed on was something that can only be described as stupid and bass ackwards. 

I'm not backing down from how the Ravens got the short end of the stick for the division and Buffalo has a better record, but they gave the Ravens a chance to correct their inequity but did not give the Bengals a chance to correct theirs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bills fan here - I do agree that you guys got screwed. By doing the right thing you guys shouldn't be punished. I would have been ok with the Bills taking an L and then resting our starters this week (it's been a long and emotional week) and going into the playoffs as the 3 seed. Under no circumstances should you guys have to come to Buffalo in round 2. Completely unfair. Should have been a neutral site. And the whole coin flip thing with Baltimore, I think the NFL is just making sure all teams have something to play for so teams play their starters. It's all nonsense and I don't agree with it. But mostly I don't agree with KC getting the bye after losing to both of our teams. We will of course all be rooting for the Raiders tomorrow.

I'll echo what I wrote in the Damar thread - the outpouring of support for our man has been absolutely incredible. You guys truly are a classy organization and if we can't get it done this year, there's some wild fans up in Buffalo that will smash some tables with you when you beat the Chiefs!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:24 AM)kdiggz Wrote: Bills fan here - I do agree that you guys got screwed. By doing the right thing you guys shouldn't be punished. I would have been ok with the Bills taking an L and then resting our starters this week (it's been a long and emotional week) and going into the playoffs as the 3 seed. Under no circumstances should you guys have to come to Buffalo in round 2. Completely unfair. Should have been a neutral site. And the whole coin flip thing with Baltimore, I think the NFL is just making sure all teams have something to play for so teams play their starters. It's all nonsense and I don't agree with it. But mostly I don't agree with KC getting the bye after losing to both of our teams. We will of course all be rooting for the Raiders tomorrow.

I'll echo what I wrote in the Damar thread - the outpouring of support for our man has been absolutely incredible. You guys truly are a classy organization and if we can't get it done this year, there's some wild fans up in Buffalo that will smash some tables with you when you beat the Chiefs!

You Bills fans are good people.  
Reply/Quote
Let us know who voted yes, why we only know what the Bengals and Chiefs voted, but the rest is quiet especially the Bills involving in this. And I hope this team give everyone they face a big L. There is no sympathy in this league and they will go out to be against the Bengals like the rule changing mid season more than 30 years ago.
This is a hard lesson for Zac Taylor, preparing for this season and especially MNF, giving compassion for the other team and being punished for it.
Reply/Quote
I personally don't think any team involved should have been allowed to vote.
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Great sports show speaking the truth about the Bengals getting screwed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlpm8unpc80
Reply/Quote
I'd like to hear McKay or someone from the league office address Taylor's comment:

So, we have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that can only negatively impact us," Taylor said. "We don’t have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that positively impacts us. Again, let’s just follow the rules and we accept that. We just have to turn our focus to getting ready for Baltimore and then doing everything we can to control what we can control at that point.”

Id like to hear why the Bengals have no coin flip opportunity to get a home game later in the playoffs in the neutral site scenarios. Why does it only affect losing the home game the Bengals earn for winning the division, yet they can't win the home game for earning the 1 seed they are shut out of. Rewrite the rules and use coin flips evenly or don't rewrite the rules.

Also, anyone arguing their point either way should be mindful of these two deflection tactics.

1. There is no ideal plan. King elludes to this as others have. They give up the discussion with a "you can't make everybody happy" cop out as opposed to considering striving for similar rules if they are changed.

2. We all know to be mindful of Hamlin's recovery but that shouldn't stop discussion about how the show goes on. I'm sure Bengal fans will seem negative and insincere as opposed to fairness. Three things can be true at the same time. You can be genuinely concerned for Hamlin's health. You can be looking forward to beating Baltimore. You can also ask why the league didn't consider a balanced plan.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:24 AM)kdiggz Wrote: Bills fan here - I do agree that you guys got screwed. By doing the right thing you guys shouldn't be punished. I would have been ok with the Bills taking an L and then resting our starters this week (it's been a long and emotional week) and going into the playoffs as the 3 seed. Under no circumstances should you guys have to come to Buffalo in round 2. Completely unfair. Should have been a neutral site. And the whole coin flip thing with Baltimore, I think the NFL is just making sure all teams have something to play for so teams play their starters. It's all nonsense and I don't agree with it. But mostly I don't agree with KC getting the bye after losing to both of our teams. We will of course all be rooting for the Raiders tomorrow.

Good "take the high road response."  It is appreciated. Buffalo and Cincinnati are like sister cities. Don't want to see the relationship ever revolve into something like there is between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 07:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'd like to hear McKay or someone from the league office address Taylor's comment:

So, we have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that can only negatively impact us," Taylor said. "We don’t have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that positively impacts us. Again, let’s just follow the rules and we accept that. We just have to turn our focus to getting ready for Baltimore and then doing everything we can to control what we can control at that point.”

Id like to hear why the Bengals have no coin flip opportunity to get a home game later in the playoffs in the neutral site scenarios.  Why does it only affect losing the home game the Bengals earn for winning the division, yet they can't win the home game for earning the 1 seed they are shut out of.  Rewrite the rules and use coin flips evenly or don't rewrite the rules.  

Also, anyone arguing their point either way should be mindful of these two deflection tactics.  

1. There is no ideal plan.  King elludes to this as others have. They give up the discussion with a "you can't make everybody happy" cop out as opposed to considering striving for similar rules if they are changed.

2. We all know to be mindful of Hamlin's recovery but that shouldn't stop discussion about how the show goes on.  I'm sure Bengal fans will seem negative and insincere as opposed to fairness.  Three things can be true at the same time.  You can be genuinely concerned for Hamlin's health. You can be looking forward to beating Baltimore. You can also ask why the league didn't consider a balanced plan.

Very well stated. I would like the explanation as well.

The league stated that the reason the coin flips comes up in the case of the Ravens and the Bengals is because the Bengals would have played one less game and could have lost and thus tied the Ravens record. But the exact same scenario comes up if the Chiefs finish #2 with a 13-4 record and the Bengals #3 with a 12-4 record. The Bengals played one less game and could have won and tied the Chiefs record. So what is the league's reasoning for that game being in Arrowhead stadium?

I can figure no explanation other than bias. One poster speculated because one was for the division. But the division was also settled by the league, with the Bengals accorded the division. So, why did the league make two different rules for the same scenario, one subjecting the Bengals to a coin flip, the other giving the Chiefs the home field?

I wish someone would put this to the committee. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals lose vendor sales and revenue from the game that got canceled as well as lose revenue from any home playoff games that we could have hosted. When we need the money to re sign Joe and Tee next year the NFL and owners went out of thier way to screw us not just this year in playoffs but next year as well as in the future.

On top of this one option for a neutral site to play one of our games is in Pittsburg which they could benefit financially from.

As well as being in a hostile division revivals stadium so more fans rooting for us to lose.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/espn-stands-behind-joe-buck-s-report-despite-nfl-denial/ar-AA15W0hA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d73bac18d220447ea576dc05efd62071

ESPN and Joe Bucks description of what happened at the Bills Bengals game.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:10 AM)Nepa Wrote: Good "take the high road response."  It is appreciated. Buffalo and Cincinnati are like sister cities. Don't want to see the relationship ever revolve into something like there is between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.

I doubt it could evolve quite into that, but that's my hope too. 

The part of all this I 'fear' the most, is it's quite likely we do go to Buffalo in Round 2, and there's a lot of scope for Bengals fans to take a L very badly if we were to lose that game. I'd just be disappointed as per any loss, but I could also understand why some would see it as a real kick in the teeth. I hope that can be avoided in some way. 

The NFL could have done so by simply making it a neutral site game.
Reply/Quote
So much drama. Screw it. Screw what the NFL did to us. It's done. We're going to win no matter where we play - "this is what this team is built for!" - ZT. The only concern is that the refs are on the NFL payroll. Can they call a fair game? Will their be a holding call on easy wide open TDs from Burrow? THAT should be our concern. So what if we play on the road? We are going on tour and laying waste on the way to Glendale. It's free advertising for us. Let people see what they have been missing and that the NFL fukt with the wrong team.

Tigers lay low not from fear but for aim.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 09:52 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So much drama. Screw it. Screw what the NFL did to us. It's done. We're going to win no matter where we play - "this is what this team is built for!" - ZT. The only concern is that the refs are on the NFL payroll. Can they call a fair game? Will their be a holding call on easy wide open TDs from Burrow? THAT should be our concern. So what if we play on the road? We are going on tour and laying waste on the way to Glendale. It's free advertising for us. Let people see what they have been missing and that the NFL fukt with the wrong team.

Tigers lay low not from fear but for aim.

I hope this ticks you guys off and propels you to the SB.
Reply/Quote
Honestly…..we didn’t need an edge but now we have it.

After the Titans and Chiefs games i honestly felt like we were winning the Super Bowl so this only makes my prediction greater
-Housh
Reply/Quote
“Give me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.”

Is this one of those things we can change? At this point I expect not. Maybe there is still some value in voicing discontent with the decision but there is also value in being graceful about it. And who knows, maybe we go all the way and win it all anyways.

Life throws you curveball after curveball, especially when you are tired and worn out. If you can adapt, you can prevail. That's what I would tell the Bengals players. This is our path, do everything you can to move forward the best you can.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:20 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: “Give me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.”

Is this one of those things we can change? At this point I expect not. Maybe there is still some value in voicing discontent with the decision but there is also value in being graceful about it. And who knows, maybe we go all the way and win it all anyways.

Life throws you curveball after curveball, especially when you are tired and worn out. If you can adapt, you can prevail. That's what I would tell the Bengals players. This is our path, do everything you can to move forward the best you can.

I hope your right.
Reply/Quote