Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
Before we waste this window, we have got to move on from Zac Taylor, it's time for Katie and Mike to grow a sack and do right by this franchise on the highest level, Zac Taylor has got to go, he is not the guy. I pray every night that Nebraska offers Zac Taylor a blank check and we can get his a$$ on the first train to Lincoln.
Reply/Quote
They signed him to a 5 year extension after the SB. They won't fire him.

The best we can hope for is...yes Nebraska. I doubt that though. Or, that he quits calling plays. But, honestly...Callahan might be a bigger problem. We do terrible on the scripted plays.

And yes...while I'm cautious to say Burrow is regressing. The offense doesn't look good. And there are too many weapons to look this bad.
Reply/Quote
Start with giving him a real OC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I honestly don't have a problem with zac Taylor the head coach, but I do have a serious problem with zac Taylor the play caller that duty should be stripped from him immediately..
Reply/Quote
Im all for letting Callahan call the plays but I don’t think he’s very creative with drawing up plays.

Ideal scenario would be to move on from him as OC, and bring in a proven OC who will call the plays
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im all for letting Callahan call the plays but I don’t think he’s very creative with drawing up plays.

Ideal scenario would be to move on from him as OC, and bring in a proven OC who will call the plays

You mean having receivers and tight ends block the teams best pass rushers isn't a good concept? 

I saw Tyler Boyd trying to block Oweh last night on a Chase designed run and almost spit my beer out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:15 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You mean having receivers and tight ends block the teams best pass rushers isn't a good concept? 

I saw Tyler Boyd trying to block Oweh last night on a Chase designed run and almost spit my beer out. 

Callahan really should be getting just as much shit as Taylor
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Start with giving him a real OC.

That's the 'easiest' fix. Bring Joe Brady in as a consultant immediately. Then make him the OC next year.

Edit: I looked and he's the Bills QB coach now. So we can't bring him in.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:18 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Callahan really should be getting just as much shit as Taylor

Honestly, it's hard to know who to blame. The scripted plays are bad. Is it Callahan or Taylor.

I think Burrow might be part of the problem with his audibles. But, he's a much smaller part of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, it's hard to know who to blame. The scripted plays are bad. Is it Callahan or Taylor.

I think Burrow might be part of the problem with his audibles. But, he's a much smaller part of it.

Burrows check downs are kinda becoming an issue when he doesn’t scan the field first but it’s not losing us games by itself

Zac’s playcalling is losing us games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the 'easiest' fix. Bring Joe Brady in as a consultant immediately. Then make him the OC next year.

Edit: I looked and he's the Bills QB coach now. So we can't bring him in.

I see people are still living in 2019...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I see people are still living in 2019...

I know I am!  By the way, it's going to be AWESOME seeing John Ross finally get a chance to thrive under a HC who doesn't hate him.
Reply/Quote
Go back and check out what he did as OC at UC. Its about a splitting image
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:03 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Before we waste this window, we have got to move on from Zac Taylor, it's time for Katie and Mike to grow a sack and do right by this franchise on the highest level, Zac Taylor has got to go, he is not the guy. I pray every night that Nebraska offers Zac Taylor a blank check and we can get his a$$ on the first train to Lincoln.

I agree 100% but some of these homers around here think he's the next Bill Walsh. Taylor is complete trash. It's depressing knowing this talent will all be gone before he is...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Go back and check out what he did as OC at UC. Its about a splitting image

I'm pretty sure his offense was ranked dead last in the country...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Go back and check out what he did as OC at UC. Its about a splitting image

completely off topic, but had to look up splitting vs spitting image (as i've always known it).  Split makes sense.  Spit makes me realize my hick roots.  

carry on y'all
Reply/Quote
There's next to zero chance he gets fired.

Best case scenario if the ineptitude continues is bringing in a new offensive coordinator to design and call plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:20 PM)samhain Wrote: There's next to zero chance he gets fired.

So you’re saying there’s a chance!
Reply/Quote
You guys live in cincy need to start giving Zac the Palmer treatment..
Reply/Quote
First playoff victory in decades. First away game playoff victory ever. Super Bowl appearance and only lost that by 3 points. Good community relations as he went to various sites handing out game balls. And its not as if the Bengals didn't have good QBs before Burrow. Palmer was a number 1 pick as well. Dalton had a lot of talent around him.

Taylor is not getting fired. We can stop this conversation now.
Reply/Quote