Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
We have to move on from Taylor
(10-13-2022, 05:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Those draft picks are the responsibility of the scouting/coaches to get production.

And we saw the team give Marvin two more chances after that season, only to result in two more losing seasons.

So 2016 wasn't really the unlucky fluke that some thought it was.

And not 1/10th of the Free Agent support ZT and company have gotten here in just a few years. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: After the 2013 playoffs. 

3 straight 1-and-dones, 0-5 in the playoffs, got blown out despite having the 6th scoring offense and 5th scoring defense. We had seen enough to know. The 2013 team should have been his last shot. 2014-2015 was a SB window that got wasted.

I agree, and 2015 was the last straw for me. No way he should've been retained after that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:17 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Fair. We did have that 12-4 season with Mora. But yeah, my dad still has one of his brown paper bags he wore to a game in the 80s… haha.

Still can’t wait for the game though. I will 100% be wearing my Bengals jersey. 

Yes, and Mora was the Saints' Marvin....just couldn't get em over the hump. Those defenses he assembled were legit some of the best to ever take the field though. Gotta give em credit for that. Playing in SF's division did them no favors as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: And not 1/10th of the Free Agent support ZT and company have gotten here in just a few years. 

Yes, that can easily be argued. 
But did Lewis still continue to lobby for going harder in FA like Taylor might have?
Or did Lewis get jaded after being in Cincy so long that he figured this was just the way it had to be - get talent in the draft and develop, and you can get some mid-to-lower tier FAs to fill some gaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote