Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
(04-21-2022, 12:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He has already suffered and we don't even know if he has done anything wrong.  He is in the prime of his career and has already missed a full season.

Suffer in what way?
He just received a ridiculously large fully-guaranteed contract, and the missed year this past season could end up allowing him to play an extra year in the long run, so it may not really be a big deal.
He wasn't going to do much with the Texans. They have one quality WR and no running game.
Other than Tunsil and Cooks, they have no one with a cap hit over $5 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 07:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is an interesting point, Nate.  You look at the Bengals last year, and by the time they got to the big game, they were definitely "Battle Tested", after big regular season games against KC, pitt, Baltimore, and Cleveland.  OT game against Green Bay.  Road win at Vegas.  All tough.  

You might think the Packers just weren't battle tested in the past when they got to the playoffs.  Then, on the other hand, you have Brady and the AFC LEAST each year, but they still ran the table so many years in the postseason.  I think coaching is the main difference.  Bellichek has his "different plan for each opponent" and a really smart team that can adapt.  Mike McCarthy has shown himself to be a very large-headed boob.  

Good thoughts SHRacer as usual. Gotta say I am just happy Zac and Lou have came around on their respective sides of the ball.

We played a lot of different types of teams down the stretch leading up and in the Superbowl and matched up with all of them well
and took San Fran into OT in our game with them in the regular season too. We could of very well played San Fran in the Superbowl
if they made that easy interception against the Rams.

In the end I think it is a good thing we have a tough Division unlike if say we played in a cake Division. With Belichick and Brady 
they just rose to the occasion regardless of their cake Division. Best HC and best QB of all time. I hope Zac can keep on growing 
into a shadow of BB and Joe can grow into another Brady. Yah never know...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Back-to-back division titles and a playoff win over the Bills in '19.

28-25 in reg season
1-2 in the playoffs
In arguably the worst division in the league (at the time)

Again, why should be be scared of Watson?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 28-25 in reg season
1-2 in the playoffs

I think this is gonna the the best team Watson has ever been a part of... He's never had a running game, or a very good O line. Had a goof ass coach if I remember correctly too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 28-25 in reg season
1-2 in the playoffs

(04-21-2022, 03:30 PM)jason Wrote: I think this is gonna the the best team Watson has ever been a part of... He's never had a running game, or a very good O line. Had a goof ass coach if I remember correctly too.

I am in between on this. I do agree that Watson is getting overrated a bit on here and I also agree this is the best team he has 
been apart of. The Browns are good in the trenches, but they also don't scare me weapon wise besides Nick Chubb. Amari Cooper
and Njoku don't scare me, only Nick Chubb does on that Offense along with Watson now.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am in between on this. I do agree that Watson is getting overrated a bit on here and I also agree this is the best team he has 
been apart of. The Browns are good in the trenches, but they also don't scare me weapon wise besides Nick Chubb. Amari Cooper
and Njoku don't scare me, only Nick Chubb does on that Offense along with Watson now.

And there there is the annual HC/OC carousel for him to enjoy. :)
From my understanding, Clev has won the SB in the off-season for 3-4 years now?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And there there is the annual HC/OC carousel for him to enjoy. :)
From my understanding, Clev has won the SB in the off-season for 3-4 years now?

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. Doubt they beat us twice this year too unless we play them in the last game and rest our starters again.

Burrow and company are going to want revenge for the first game where they beat us in our place and everything went wrong for 
us and right for them. That isn't going to happen often and they lost a few players and don't have the weapons they had last year.

Except for Chubb, slow this guy down and I am not overly concerned.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:30 PM)jason Wrote: I think this is gonna the the best team Watson has ever been a part of... He's never had a running game, or a very good O line. Had a goof ass coach if I remember correctly too.

He might miss games this year from what I've read. Then you have to factor in the absolutely massive contract they have Watson. Within a couple years, the Browns will be likely be as devoid of talent as the Texans. Probably more so.

I'll just say this: Our roster is better than theirs and I don't think it's all that close really. I also think Burrow > Watson. I guess some are just having a hard time adjusting to being the favorites.

Browns fans should be way more worried about us than we should be about them. That's not to say they should be dismissed entirely. I just won't be sweating the Browns all that much. I have confidence in the guys we have.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We are running it back with a young and still on the upswing squad. Then all we did was upgrade our only weakness. This team is the top of the north.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good thoughts SHRacer as usual. Gotta say I am just happy Zac and Lou have came around on their respective sides of the ball.

We played a lot of different types of teams down the stretch leading up and in the Superbowl and matched up with all of them well
and took San Fran into OT in our game with them in the regular season too. We could of very well played San Fran in the Superbowl
if they made that easy interception against the Rams.

In the end I think it is a good thing we have a tough Division unlike if say we played in a cake Division. With Belichick and Brady 
they just rose to the occasion regardless of their cake Division. Best HC and best QB of all time. I hope Zac can keep on growing 
into a shadow of BB and Joe can grow into another Brady. Yah never know...

Yeah, I don't want to put any kind of Brady/Belichek pressure on them (not saying you are), but what they did with a flawed roster last year is nothing short of amazing.  Thankfully, the rest of the world still doesn't seem to believe in them, but I think Burrow wouldn't flinch if everyone expected them to win the Super Bowl either.

When you bring up the 49ers, I think how this year they have a different (very inexperienced) QB, and now Deebo Samual is asking out...reportedly not due to money, but longevity (doesn't like being a RB, I guess...which is true....much shorter career) but that also adds up to money, so we will see.  

Aaron Donald of the Rams is reportedly looking for more money, too.  

I compare this to Cincy and how the Bengals got three veteran FAs on the offensive line...all from very competitive programs, and the outward appearance that this is a destination people now want to be.  It could be the well-documented "Burrow Effect", but if the players also didn't like the coaching staff, they probably wouldn't have any interest.  At least to date, we haven't had anyone threaten to sit out, or go public with the "I'm not reporting until I get a new contract".  There is just such a great culture here right now.  Guys that are leaders and that are "all about ball".  I really credit ZT for a lot of that.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am in between on this. I do agree that Watson is getting overrated a bit on here and I also agree this is the best team he has 

Weighing in on the Watson-led Browns discussion (thanks, I invited myself...):  While I think on paper the team looks lethal with Watson, Chubb, Cooper, Ward, and Garrett, I can't help but think that a guy coming in that hasn't taken a single snap with the team, who is likely to be suspended for at LEAST five games, yet had his contract structured so his game check salary year 1 is next to nothing and won't really lose much money from his ridiculous guaranteed contract, is bound to create some issues.

People can't help it.  It is human nature to compare your value and your salary to others.  Watson will be sitting on the bench (or more likely a couch at home) drawing multiple times more money than anyone else on the Browns.  Yes, QBs get paid more.  But I still can't help thinking the extenuating circumstances surrounding Watson will be a distraction and a potential source of division.  There are also some people bound to be in Baker's camp and feel the QB that played injured got a raw deal.  

It is as though teams (the Browns aren't the only one) looked at the Bengals and thought:  "Hey, if the Bengals can do it, all we are missing is a QB like Burrow (Browns).  Or "we need a WR like Chase to make our offense click" (Raiders).   There is so much more to it from a culture and chemistry standpoint.  That being said, I think the Raiders are the surprise team from the AFC West.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 03:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 28-25 in reg season
1-2 in the playoffs

Because football is a team sport.

And isn't 28-25 better than 12-13-1
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 08:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because football is a team sport.

12-13-1 got to a Super Bowl in his second year though.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: 12-13-1 got to a Super Bowl in his second year though.....

took a little help from 52 others
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: 12-13-1 got to a Super Bowl in his second year though.....

Exactly.  Glad you agree with me.  Team's won/loss record is no way to judge a QB.

In 2020 when the Texans won just 4 games Watson led the league in passing yards (4853), posted the 15th highest passer rating in league history (112.4), and also rushed for 444 yards.  And he accomplished that while being sacked more times per game than Burrow was last year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 08:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Because football is a team sport.

[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  Glad you agree with me.  Team's won/loss record is no way to judge a QB.

In 2020 when the Texans won just 4 games Watson led the league in passing yards (4853), posted the 15th highest passer rating in league history (112.4), and also rushed for 444 yards.  And he accomplished that while being sacked more times per game than Burrow was last year. 

BFD

Jameis Winston won it the year before…

When you’re playing from behind that much you’re going to rack up garbage time yards.

Completion % leader (like Burrow was last year) is a much more impressive achievement. Especially when combined with a high YPA.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: took a little help from 52 others

Absolutely Xeno.... absolutely. I didn't intend for it to read that way. Too much texting leading to lazy, short posts with no details. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Again, this thread stinks. The Bengals were in THE SUPER BOWL in February and it only took 2 months for some fans to go back to being Wimpy Bengals Fans. WIMPY is the correct word. Not the Popeye character that loved hamburgers. No, WIMPY as in WEAK. I understand the decades of losing created a WEAK and WIMPY Fan Base, but THE BENGALS were just in THE SUPER BOWL 2 months ago.

So to the WIMPY who agree with this thread, and to the Browns, Steelers, Ravens Trolls on here, I say this....

Clev SuxBalt SuxPitt Sux

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely Xeno.... absolutely. I didn't intend for it to read that way. Too much texting leading to lazy, short posts with no details. LOL 

I know this whole convo kinda silly..
Fear Watson... NO...

But the Browns did beat us 2x last year and arguable (if he plays) upgraded a very important position on the team.   They still have a pretty good roster and 2 really good RBs to go with that QB.    so while we are the reigning Div Champs that was last year.       Gotta prove it again this year.  And if we stay healthy we have a good shot at that.    But if the Browns/Ravens also stay healthy it might be a tougher road this year. as they are both talented teams that have shown they can win the last few years and they will have easier schedules that us this season. (and both of those teams were absolutely hit hard with injuries/covid last year)

*I dont list the steelers only cause i dont know how they will look with a new QB they also could be right back in it
Reply/Quote