Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
Honestly they couldn’t stop Chase with Humphrey last year, so I dont know how they stop the offense this year with a much better offensive line
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 03:09 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

With the Ravens getting back to full strength and the draft capital that they currently have I wonder what this matchup will look like. This is going to be one hell of a fight in the AFCN next season. The Steelers are what we know and will reload and the Browns already had a championship infrastructure outside of the sperm whale addition. I know we went to the Superbowl last season but how is this division won with our current roster and whats needed truly. I think we still have some questions to be answered with positional DEPTH really on all levels on both sides. Imo. Thoughts

Bring on the doubt. It worked last year. The only two times during the year that I remember unanimous or near-unanimous predictions of Bengals victories were the Jets game and the Super Bowl. But concern about not repeating is not enough: We just need some 4-win and 5-win predictions. Throw in some doubting of Ja'Marr and Joey being afraid of being hit and our coaches need to be replaced and the sky's the limit.
Reply/Quote
As long as Joey B is protected... there's no doubt in my mind we can go on a nice streak of making the playoffs.

Drafting captains/leaders of college teams the culture change.. it's a new era!

It's too bad we are in such a historically great division though... sure would of liked the cakewalk Brady got every year with the Pats.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I may have my orange hued sun glasses on but I think we have the nest qb in the division. I think we also have the best roster. Lack of injuries and a little luck certainly help but I think we have the best team in the division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

With the Ravens getting back to full strength and the draft capital that they currently have I wonder what this matchup will look like. This is going to be one hell of a fight in the AFCN next season. The Steelers are what we know and will reload and the Browns already had a championship infrastructure outside of the sperm whale addition. I know we went to the Superbowl last season but how is this division won with our current roster and whats needed truly. I think we still have some questions to be answered with positional DEPTH really on all levels on both sides. Imo. Thoughts

I have only 2 questions:

A. Will Taylor and company be able to evolve this offense to bring them to the next level.

B. Was playoff scheming Lou Anarumo the real deal or was it just luck?

Player wise we are in just as good of a position as any team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 05:10 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'd say CB as well. I know we have our starters but the loss of Wayne's and I want to say Phillips ( the punt muffer) They were depth and it hurts that group losing them. 

Eh, Waynes wasn't here lol

Atleast Phillips made some plays for us, I guess I could see that as a loss before we draft a better Corner early and a reliable PR.

Keep Trent Taylor for insurance. Good hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also no more OBJ, Landry, Hooper, or Higgins.
About all they got is Njoku.

Who is Watson going to throw to? A bunch of rookies?

Amari Cooper is pretty solid. I am not as high on Cooper as some other people, but he is definitely not a slouch.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:16 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Amari Cooper is pretty solid. I am not as high on Cooper as some other people, but he is definitely not a slouch.

True, but he is getting older.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 10:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, Waynes wasn't here lol

Atleast Phillips made some plays for us, I guess I could see that as a loss before we draft a better Corner early and a reliable PR.

Keep Trent Taylor for insurance. Good hands.

Well he did start a couple games. Then at the end of the season he was depth in theory. 
Reply/Quote

First, I didn't know the Browns added a sperm whale.  I don't know how a sperm whale is going to help the team, unless they are going to snap the ball on a sperm count.  So the Browns got a " sperm whale addition ".  See, to me the Browns gave up 3 years of #1 draft picks and The Browns lost on that one and Houston won on that trade.  To all you Browns Fans Trolls on here who have not been flushed down, you are floaters. 

Second, you say The Steelers  " are what we know ".   What the heck does that mean ?   The Steelers without Big Ben are in trouble.  Plus back-up Haskins just died.  Major problems for Steelers at Quarterback.  The Steelers Defense had major problems last season also. 

Third, the Ravens.  The Bengals beat the Ravens twice, once when they were at full strength.   

Fourth, you yell out, " FIX IT ".....The Bengals just went to The Super Bowl in February and this is only April.  Sounds like short term memory loss.  The Bengals biggest problem in the Super Bowl and the season is The O Line, which the Bengals went out in Free Agency and got 3 Veteran O Linemen who are suppose to be very good.  The Bengals already had Jonah Williams at Left Tackle.  The Bengals have 3 new Veterans at Center, Right Guard and Right Tackle, so the have FIXED the Right Side of the O Line.  

What you don't mention is The Bengals have the Best Defense in AFC North, The Best Quarterback, The Best Receivers, and one of the best Running Backs in the AFC North.  You don't mention the Bengals Kicker and Special Teams were the Best.  You don't mention the Bengals Coaching was the Best.  You don't mention the Bengals won the AFC North, beat the Raiders, beat the Titans, beat The Chiefs.  I want to point out that The Bengals beat the Steelers twice, beat the Ravens twice, beat the Raiders twice, beat The Chiefs twice.  The Bengals beat Mahomes and The Chiefs twice.   You don't mention that The Super Bowl was a close game.  The Bengals had the lead in the second half.  Cooper Kupp who had a great season, he won that game in the 4th quarter for The Rams.  So the Bengals lost a close one in the last seconds like in 1988 Super Bowl. 

I don't see The Bengals not addressing things.  They were active in Free Agency.  The Draft is coming up.  

So our Bengals went to The Super Bowl.  I admit the AFC North was tough.  The Bengals had to beat The Chiefs to win the AFC North, but they did it.  I know trolls of the Steelers, Browns and Ravens thought they would sneak in the back door, but The Bengals slammed the door in their face in January.  The best team won, because no way the Steelers, Browns or Ravens would have won the AFC and went to the Super Bowl.  

So the AFC CHAMP BENGALS are making moves to get even better.  So your Browns getting a " sperm whale ", doesn't impress me much.  Really, I think the Browns trading their #1 picks for 3 years is a boneheaded move. They watched Kevin Costner as GM of The Browns in Draft Day movie too many times.  Browns are going to live to regret trading away their future by trading away 3 years of #1 Draft Picks.  This is just the Browns changing quarterbacks again. The Browns have changed quarterbacks every year since they came back after Art Modell took the real Browns to Baltimore. The New Browns have changed quarterbacks more than any other team, averaging a new quarterback each season. It is no wonder that the Browns never get in stride or on path, they make way too many quarterback and coaching changes from Tim Couch on.  Their problem was not the quarterback, and they are going to regret trading 3 years of #1 Draft Picks for a " sperm whale " with many legal problems in court ahead of him, plus an NFL Suspension in front of him.  Houston won that trade, and Browns Trolls will find that out.  

So mythical Cleveland sperm whales aside, THE BENGALS are the best team in THE AFC.  Joe Burrow is the quarterback all NFL teams would love to have.  The Bengals had the best Defense in the AFC also, as they went Super Bowl.  So there is only one thing left to say.  GO BENGALS and......

Tiger Who Dey Clev SuxBalt SuxPitt SuxWho DeyTiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to throw out the line from the national pundits.

The Bengals were moments away from winning the Super Bowl with a mediocre offensive line protecting the QB for an electric offense. So they went out and revamped that line so that on paper it lands as well above average to elite, while keeping the remaining core of the team together. How can anyone not put their money on them to win their division?
Reply/Quote
The Ravens were decimated by injury in 2021, but we spanked them with a healthy Jackson and a lousy OL and a defense that had yet to peak. The Ravens will be very good, I have no doubt, but they are up against the cap so need a stellar draft to keep up. The looming Jackson contract is also a concern.

The problem with running QB's is if they suffer any type of leg injury, they become neutralized. They are also more likely to be injured as they keep running, eventually a defender gets a shot whether while they are in the pocket or on the run.

I like how our team attacked their weaknesses. I question the OP's opinion about depth also, we still have some of the same OL who started in 2021 backing up starters and yes players can improve. It was not long ago many were doubting Wilson and Pratt, but both made huge strides in 2021. A coach is paid big bucks to improve players performance, in 2021 we saw the improvement of Burrow, Higgins, Pratt and Wilson to name a few.

I am hopeful we still add a piece or 2 after the draft in FA, but we need a great draft again also. If we can hot back to back to back on 1st round picks, it is huge.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
i'll be honest. I'm not so much concerned with winning the division, nor concerned with Bengals odds to win division/AFC/SB. I just want the Bengals to get into the playoffs, whichever way that is. I think we have become the team that no other team wants to face in the postseason. I think we just have to be healthy going into the postseason and we have a good shot at it all again.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens will be much better with better health luck. And a lot of you are underestimating the Browns. Mayfield was terrible last year. That defense is legit. And there's a chance that the civil lawsuits against Watson won't take place until March. The league might not suspended him until that happens. So he may indeed play every game in 2022 and then be suspended in 2023.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 10:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Ravens were decimated by injury in 2021, but we spanked them with a healthy Jackson and a lousy OL and a defense that had yet to peak. The Ravens will be very good, I have no doubt, but they are up against the cap so need a stellar draft to keep up. The looming Jackson contract is also a concern.

The problem with running QB's is if they suffer any type of leg injury, they become neutralized. They are also more likely to be injured as they keep running, eventually a defender gets a shot whether while they are in the pocket or on the run.

I like how our team attacked their weaknesses. I question the OP's opinion about depth also, we still have some of the same OL who started in 2021 backing up starters and yes players can improve. It was not long ago many were doubting Wilson and Pratt, but both made huge strides in 2021. A coach is paid big bucks to improve players performance, in 2021 we saw the improvement of Burrow, Higgins, Pratt and Wilson to name a few.

I am hopeful we still add a piece or 2 after the draft in FA, but we need a great draft again also. If we can hot back to back to back on 1st round picks, it is huge.
Pretty spot on! Confused by the whole "fix it" remark? We did fix what needed fixing....
Reply/Quote
The Raven’s injuries were devastating. They will be tough. But this is the NFL. It’s not a cake walk. We have a much tougher schedule. Much tougher schedule. I’m watching the Jets loss right now on the NFL network. When Joe has time it’s money. Teams can’t cover our 3 receivers. We can’t protect and we can’t run it. But we still move the ball. This offense next year will be unstoppable. The OL is an offense game changer. Oh sure health is of the most importance.

This is not a veteran team. They are ALL improving. They are all learning. Logan Wilson, Tee Higgins, JaMar Chase, Joe Burrow (very very much so), and on and on. It’s the same for Brian Callahan, Lou as a DC, and Taylor as a head coach. Hurst is a better deep threat and big play guy than Uzomah. He’s not better though. Too many look at the Bengals the entire season or even ‘20. Look at them their last 12 games. They were for real. Not lucky. They were good.
Reply/Quote
Just turned on the TV and it was the end of our loss to the Jets in 2021. We gave up a 400 yard passer that day.

We need to keep plugging away on the D. Our LBs still need depth IMO. We will play against 2 of the best scramblers to ever play the game and a guy looking to pull a Ryan Tannehill career turn around, we need speedy smart LBs. We have Pratt (contract year), Wilson, Bailey, ADG, Bachie, Johnston, and Jones.

Bailey and ADG haven't shaken the medical concerns they had in the draft and Bachie is coming off an ACL. Johnson and Jones are practice squad level players.

Grabbing some of these LBs that fall in the draft probably won't get a lot of media hype since we have our established starters. But they will pay dividends for years.

Or

Grabbing the stud #1 RB Breece Hall and pairing the best run game with the best pass game. A dominant run game in late season outdoor AFC North battles would be a big division factor. This kid could be a TD machine like the old days with LT and Shaun Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 04:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Amari Cooper but I'm not really high on him dude is perpetually banged up. I'm sure they'll be drafting a WR early I would think.

Ahh yes, Cooper too. I missed him when scanning through their roster. 
Still, that's just two capable receivers in Njoku and Cooper.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 01:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just turned on the TV and it was the end of our loss to the Jets in 2021. We gave up a 400 yard passer that day.

We need to keep plugging away on the D. Our LBs still need depth IMO. We will play against 2 of the best scramblers to ever play the game and a guy looking to pull a Ryan Tannehill career turn around, we need speedy smart LBs. We have Pratt (contract year), Wilson, Bailey, ADG, Bachie, Johnston, and Jones.

Bailey and ADG haven't shaken the medical concerns they had in the draft and Bachie is coming off an ACL. Johnson and Jones are practice squad level players.

Grabbing some of these LBs that fall in the draft probably won't get a lot of media hype since we have our established starters. But they will pay dividends for years.

Or

Grabbing the stud #1 RB Breece Hall and pairing the best run game with the best pass game. A dominant run game in late season outdoor AFC North battles would be a big division factor. This kid could be a TD machine like the old days with LT and Shaun Alexander.

Breece is not in Joe Mixon’s league. With the better OL Joe will be as good as Henry or Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well he did start a couple games. Then at the end of the season he was depth in theory. 

Yeah, but you know what I mean. We can fix the depth issue at DT and CB as well as WR with the Draft. That is what is awesome about our Free Agency in getting Karras, Cappa, La'el Collins and bringing back BJ Hill. This Draft can just cap it off.

Zac and Lou have set this team up to beat down this Division for years to come. Burrow slays the blitz and man coverage if he has time and our Defense is set up to stop the run and rush the passer.
Reply/Quote