Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
Or maybe we probably win the division next year and changes were already made to greatly increase that likelihood.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:43 AM)samhain Wrote: Or maybe we probably win the division next year and changes were already made to greatly increase that likelihood.

Agree

I'd bet we have a great chance of winning the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

The only thing that is gonna be tougher than last year, is the hellacious schedule this year...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:43 AM)samhain Wrote: Or maybe we probably win the division next year and changes were already made to greatly increase that likelihood.

Honestly I don't care if we win the division or not. I just wanna make the playoffs again, and be peaking by that time too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:56 AM)Tony Wrote: The only thing that is gonna be tougher than last year, is the hellacious schedule this year...

We played a last place schedule last year; but didn't it turn out to be the 6th toughest schedule? I mean hell... We lost the some "easiest" games on it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I still think we should win it.  But the competition will be tough.

Zac Taylor has never won over 60% of his games in any season as an NFL head coach and has never won a Super Bowl.  Both Harbaugh and Tomlin have won over 60% of their CAREER regular season games and a Super Bowl.

Watson has a higher career winning percentage and passer rating than Burrow.

I am still predicting that our guys will come out ahead.  Our new o-line should be a game changer.  I am just posting these stats to show that it won't be as easy as some people think.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 12:23 PM)jason Wrote: We played a last place schedule last year; but didn't it turn out to be the 6th toughest schedule? I mean hell... We lost the some "easiest" games on it.

All very true! I know they go by the previous year's finish to rank schedules, but teams get better. I remember at the beginning of last season, our 2nd half of the season everyone had us going 0-8. We went 6-2 and that was over playoff teams, even with a not so good O-line I might add!
If we stay healthy, I see no reason for this team not to beat the pants off teams!!
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And anyone who is not afraid of Watson is delusional.  Just look at his resume.  National Championship in College.  First year as a full-time starter in NFL the Texans improve from 4-12 to 11-5.  Won back-to-back division titles his first two seasons as a starter.  Has number 2 all-time career passer rating (104.5).  Posted a 103.1 rating in '18 despite getting sacked 11 more timesthan Burrow did this year (62 to 51).  Also dangerous running threat with 1400+ yds and 15 tds in his 3 seasons as a starter.  he is one of the best QBs in the game.  he is good enough to transform a team.  Suspension may ruin this year, but the Browns will be a very dangerous team as long as Watson is at QB.

Take a look at Burrow's resume?
NC in college.
First full year at starter, Won the division and went to SB, improved from a 4-11 to 10-7.
Finished 6th in Pass yds/game, and sat one game out.
Posted a 108.3 rating.

Now Year 2 starts soon and Burrow has an improved OL..

What happened to Watkins in 2020? Didn't he post a 4-12 record........ you didn't mention it...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 12:21 PM)jason Wrote: Honestly I don't care if we win the division or not. I just wanna make the playoffs again, and be peaking by that time too.

Our O-line should get better as the year goes along, but overall we should not have as many new starters as we did last year (Chase, Uzomah, Reiff, Carman, Adeniji, Ogunjobi, Hendrickson, Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Wilson)

And a lot of people won't admit this, but one reason we were only 7-5 through 12 games was Burrow's league leading 14 interceptions.  I don't see that happening again.

But even if we do start out slow again, you are 100% correct that it is imperative that we are playing our best at the end of the year.  As long as you make the playoffs you can win it all if you are hot like we were this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 01:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Take a look at Burrow's resume?
NC in college.
First full year at starter, Won the division and went to SB, improved from a 4-11 to 10-7.
Finished 6th in Pass yds/game, and sat one game out.
Posted a 108.3 rating.

Now Year 2 starts soon and Burrow has an improved OL..

What happened to Watkins in 2020? Didn't he post a 4-12 record........ you didn't mention it...

I am not trashing Burrow's resume.  I am just showing that watson's is just as impressive if not better.

As for 2020 Watson completed over 70% of his passes, led the league in passing yards (4823), and his 112.4 passer rating was 15th in NFL history.  He accomplished that while getting sacked just two times fewer than Burrow did in 2021 (49 to 51).  He also added 444 rushing yards.

So, yeah, nothing to worry about facing a QB like that twice a year, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not trashing Burrow's resume.  I am just showing that watson's is just as impressive if not better.

As for 2020 Watson completed over 70% of his passes, led the league in passing yards (4823), and his 112.4 passer rating was 15th in NFL history.  He accomplished that while getting sacked just two times fewer than Burrow did in 2021 (49 to 51).  He also added 444 rushing yards.

So, yeah, nothing to worry about facing a QB like that twice a year, right?

Right, you thrash ZT and JB any chance you can.

Not overly worried about DW, have to see him play first. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:49 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Definitely not a guarantee, but we have the talent to win this division, and this conference. All the teams in our division are dangerous, but if they arent equally concerned about a healthy and well protected Joe Burrow AND Ja'Marr Chase catching passes, then they are delusional.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens have to play a goofy offense where they use 2 TEs and throw a ton of short passes and runs. Reminds me of a goal line offense on a video game.

They don't worry me now that we have a good defensive line, and capable lb and safeties.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still think we should win it.  But the competition will be tough.

Zac Taylor has never won over 60% of his games in any season as an NFL head coach and has never won a Super Bowl.  Both Harbaugh and Tomlin have won over 60% of their CAREER regular season games and a Super Bowl.

Watson has a higher career winning percentage and passer rating than Burrow.

I am still predicting that our guys will come out ahead.  Our new o-line should be a game changer.  I am just posting these stats to show that it won't be as easy as some people think.

No doubt. And likely qw won't win the division every year. But it's going to be more about winning playoff games and Super Bowls hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 01:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right, you thrash ZT and JB any chance you can.

Not overly worried about DW, have to see him play first. 

That's powder toast man for you.... Always looking for that argument... I like how he says Tomlin and Harbaugh won 60% of their games and a superbowl, like they haven't been coaching a decade longer than Zac for proven orginzations...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:21 PM)Tony Wrote: That's powder toast man for you.... Always looking for that argument... I like how he says Tomlin and Harbaugh won 60% of their games and a superbowl, like they haven't been coaching a decade longer than Zac for proven orginzations...

His favorite HC in the world went 0-7 in the playoffs. Got curb stomped by the Steelers for damn near two decades and broke down like a double barreled shotgun in prime time.

ZT just ain't gonna live up to those lofty heights.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:56 AM)Tony Wrote: The only thing that is gonna be tougher than last year, is the hellacious schedule this year...

It's April.  We have a draft and a summer of camp, plus the season to play out.  Perception of the schedule almost always changes immensely when 3 or 4 actual games are in the books.  Regardless, we are in a very good position, a position that almost every team in the league would give their left arms to be in.  

I've lived through gloom and doom a lot as a fan of this team.  I'm not inviting it or wishing it onto existence when there's zero place for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 09:32 PM)samhain Wrote: It's April.  We have a draft and a summer of camp, plus the season to play out.  Perception of the schedule almost always changes immensely when 3 or 4 actual games are in the books.  Regardless, we are in a very good position, a position that almost every team in the league would give their left arms to be in.  

I've lived through gloom and doom a lot as a fan of this team.  I'm not inviting it or wishing it onto existence when there's zero place for it.

That's why I said a rough schedule is the only hard part lol... I was here for the 90s.. I have never had this much expectation for a Bengal team..
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:21 PM)Tony Wrote: That's powder toast man for you.... Always looking for that argument... I like how he says Tomlin and Harbaugh won 60% of their games and a superbowl, like they haven't been coaching a decade longer than Zac for proven orginzations...

His statements are true. Tomlin seems to be able to get the Steelers to .500 no matter what roster he's given.

I'd argue that most of their playoff success was early in their coaching careers. The Steelers haven't had much playoff success over the past 10 years.

The Ravens SB was 10 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 10:06 PM)Tony Wrote: That's why I said a rough schedule is the only hard part lol... I was here for the 90s.. I have never had this much expectation for a Bengal team..

I'm expecting 12-5 or 13-4. 11 wins is my floor.

If we win less than 11, I'll be very didappointed.
Reply/Quote