Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
(04-18-2022, 12:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And yes, you have blasted on ZT/JB any real chance you get, although, it's getting much harder for you to do so lately.

Funny how my comments about players and coaches change based on how they perform isn't it.

That is what makes me different from people whose comments are not based on reality.
Reply/Quote
1. Steelers seem to be the worst team in the division this year, but they are the Steelers so we’ll see what happens with them.

2. Baltimore healthy is going to be tough, but I also believe Lamar Jackson is not a great passing QB and I think in the end that’s just going to hurt him. They’re going to be good and we will probably lose to them, but they just don’t seem like a championship type team with Lamar at QB.

3. Browns depend on Watson. If he don’t play they’re probably not all that scary. Even so who knows Watson might have rust or just plain be bad after a year off and being on a completely new team. Also like I’ve said since the browns were “super bowl contenders” they are the Browns. Although my biggest reason for that was because I believed Odell and Baker were whiny problem child’s. Outside of his allegations idk much about Watson being a distraction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how my comments about players and coaches change based on how they perform isn't it.

That is what makes me different from people whose comments are not based on reality.

Whatever, go troll someone else.

Mine has never changed, i said all along that ZT needed at least 3 years to see what he can do, as the team he took over from ML was severely depleted of quality talent, due to players aging and the constant bombing in the draft.

If anything, I think Tobin needs to be replaced, or some scouts (replaced/added) cause there is no reason why we should be missing on so many OL/DL in the last 8-10 years. We are faaaaar below the NFL average hit/miss rate in those two positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 08:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: His favorite HC in the world went 0-7 in the playoffs. Got curb stomped by the Steelers for damn near two decades and broke down like a double barreled shotgun in prime time.

ZT just ain't gonna live up to those lofty heights.

LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s almost like he was coming back from a MAJOR injury or something…

A lot of players that have had similar injuries say it takes almost a full year to get back to 100%. And if you look at how well Burrow started playing late in the season that seems about right.

Nice post Nicomo, so true. Burrow didn't start looking right to me until he played the Raiders in their place later in the 
season. That is when he started to look like that guy we saw in college and early in his rookie year before the injury.

He started running around and making Defenders look silly in that game and from then on.

(04-18-2022, 01:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. We beat KC twice. And they had won like 8 in a row coming into the first matchup. We proved we belonged. GTFOH with “skin of their teeth.” Most games in the NFL are close, and often come down to the end.

No doubt. To win all those close games is a sign of a great team, it isn't a bad thing. Also shows good coaching on Taylor's part.

The Chiefs under Andy Reid were winning the close games the last few years while we were losing them.

This started to change late last year and in the postseason. Nearly winning the entire thing.

Now without the OL hampering us games hopefully won't be as close.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Whatever, go troll someone else.

Mine has never changed, i said all along that ZT needed at least 3 years to see what he can do, as the team he took over from ML was severely depleted of quality talent, due to players aging and the constant bombing in the draft.

If anything, I think Tobin needs to be replaced, or some scouts (replaced/added) cause there is no reason why we should be missing on so many OL/DL in the last 8-10 years. We are faaaaar below the NFL average hit/miss rate in those two positions.

It's funny. Bengals draft well...fans are like Katie, Zac, Pollack, and Lou have the draft figured out!

When the Bengals draft a bust: Mike Brown and Tobin suck!

In reality, I doubt it's that simple or cut and dry. I doubt that Zac and Katie have as much power in personnel decisions as people think. My guess would be that it is a discussion where a bunch of people have input, and then Tobin/MB makes the final call. But, no one really knows.

When you win, people look a lot smarter though!

The best thing Zac did was be incredibly bad his 1st 2 seasons to put the franchise in place to draft Burrow and Chase. IF Andy Dalton were still the QB, I doubt we win more than 5 games last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure I agree about the Browns. 

They now have a top 5 QB in the league and an upgrade at receiver in Cooper. They also have an extremely good run game. Their defense is above average as well. 

The talent is there - it just depends on a lot of unrelated football stuff at this point. 

Who is going to miss some time this year due to a suspension.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It certainly isn't an easy road for the Bengals this year. But championship caliber teams will compete given a tough schedule. If the Bengals are deserving of repeating last year's success they will win those tough games and hopefully stop losing the games they should have won like the game against the Jets last year.

I think the coaching staff and the players are maturing together. So this season will show if last season was kind of a fluke or if they have what it takes to be regular contenders as a team. They have a lot of pieces in place to make another playoff run. Now we will see if they can carry the momentum from last year into this season. It isn't easy to do, few recent Super Bowl teams outside of the Patriots have been able to repeat that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Who is going to miss some time this year due to a suspension.

Nothing is going to court 8n that case til next March. He won't be suspended this year if he ever is...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's exactly it. They upgraded 3 spots on the offensive line. And not just with marginal talent, with really good talent.

Burrow and particularly Mixon have never had a good offensive line. This could be a huge upgrade for synergy. The success they had last year with a bad line...was impressive. Simply put, the offense is loaded. QB, WR, RB, and the line should allow them time to thrive.

Winning the division is less important than people think. Making the playoffs is important. And then from there, winning playoff games.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would be upset or doubting this team right now. On paper, they should be one of the top teams in the AFC again next year and pushing for a title.

They lost CJ which hurts from a moral standpoint but the talent was replaced with Hurst. They lost Larry O and I think that spot gets addressed in the draft. 

That's it. That's the starters that are gone. Then they move on from dead weight at RT and get a legit badass tackle and then beef up center and guard. This line is going to do amazing things for the offense. The only thing that could stop this team next season would be health.

(04-18-2022, 01:46 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: 1. Steelers seem to be the worst team in the division this year, but they are the Steelers so we’ll see what happens with them.

2. Baltimore healthy is going to be tough, but I also believe Lamar Jackson is not a great passing QB and I think in the end that’s just going to hurt him. They’re going to be good and we will probably lose to them, but they just don’t seem like a championship type team with Lamar at QB.

3. Browns depend on Watson. If he don’t play they’re probably not all that scary. Even so who knows Watson might have rust or just plain be bad after a year off and being on a completely new team. Also like I’ve said since the browns were “super bowl contenders” they are the Browns. Although my biggest reason for that was because I believed Odell and Baker were whiny problem child’s. Outside of his allegations idk much about Watson being a distraction.

Don't you just hate that we can't rule that damn team from PA as dead and gone? Mitch freakin' Trubisky is going to be their QB and people still are unwilling to predict a losing season for them. Guy is 29-21 in his career with 64 TDs to 38 INTs yet the fear is he goes in there and ends up a winner.

It's sickening. They just need to live in QB hell and last place for like a decade (I wish for longer but the NFL won't allow it) so all those yinzers start to fade away and cry into their terrible trash rags.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:32 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing is going to court 8n that case til next March. He won't be suspended this year if he ever is...

He could still see a suspension. The other AFCN sex predator QB was despite the case never making it to court.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:32 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing is going to court 8n that case til next March. He won't be suspended this year if he ever is...

The NFL conduct policy allows for guys to be suspended without a criminal case or results from that case.

The fat rapists from the division got suspended without any charges filed against him, and the way Cleveland structured that contract you know they are expecting the suspension to hit this year.

The league will suspended him just to "protect the shield" and he'll sit 6 to 8 games, then come back and the league never needs to worry about it again no matter the outcome of the civil suits. That's just how they handle things for their top stars. So this year Cleveland will be competitive in the 2nd half but should be struggling early and hopefully out of the division hunt. The following year however, they'll be an issue.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It certainly isn't an easy road for the Bengals this year.   But championship caliber teams will compete given a tough schedule.  If the Bengals are deserving of repeating last year's success they will win those tough games and hopefully stop losing the games they should have won like the game against the Jets last year.  

I think the coaching staff and the players are maturing together.  So this season will show if last season was kind of a fluke or if they have what it takes to be regular contenders as a team.  They have a lot of pieces in place to make another playoff run.  Now we will see if they can carry the momentum from last year into this season.  It isn't easy to do, few recent Super Bowl teams outside of the Patriots have been able to repeat that.

I think it will help that we didn't have much of a turnover this Offseason as far as losing coaches and players etc.

We lost Uzo but replaced him with Hurst. Lost Ogunjobi but he was hurt anyways and brough back BJ Hill. Lost Reiff but he 
was hurt anyways and brought in La'el Collins a clear upgrade. Lost Hopkins but brought in Karras a clear upgrade, and upgraded
the RG position big time with Alex Cappa.

Injuries are the only reason I could see us not making it back to the Playoffs, that and a tough schedule.

Hmmm, this is a bit wild if true. Players have been suspended for much less.

(04-18-2022, 02:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He could still see a suspension. The other AFCN sex predator QB was despite the case never making it to court.

The Pig got suspended? I don't remember this for some reason?
Reply/Quote

even better. suspend him next year and it will hit the pocket book to the tune of 46M/17 vs 1M/17 per game.

Cleveland did a CYA on him this year contract wise, i hope it bites them both.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Pig got suspended? I don't remember this for some reason?

Yep. Back in 2010 for the sexual assault allegation in Georgia. Ofc he got it reduced from 6 games to 4 though, because “Steelers.”

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Back in 2010 for the sexual assault allegation in Georgia. Ofc he got it reduced from 6 games to 4 though, because “Steelers.”

Thanks, didn't remember this. Yeah, those sumbitches get away with rape, bastids... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not sure I agree about the Browns. 

They now have a top 5 QB in the league and an upgrade at receiver in Cooper. They also have an extremely good run game. Their defense is above average as well. 

The talent is there - it just depends on a lot of unrelated football stuff at this point. 

I don't fault you for that impression, and you could be right. I don't believe in Amari Cooper though, and I think their overall pass-receiving unit is just not where it was before.

Landry, Beckham, Peoples-Jones, Higgins, Hooper, Njoku -- this is a formidable group. Now it's:

Cooper, Peoples-Jones, Njoku

Watson alone might be sufficient to make up the difference; we'll see. I'm not putting him in the top five, but he certainly has a high ceiling. The running game will probably still be effective. The loss of JC Tretter will have something to say about that.
Reply/Quote
Where Watson falls in the league hierarchy is an interesting question and difficult to gauge. At this point I think the league top 3 is hard to refute:

Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes -- put them in any order you want. After that you have a pile of contenders:

Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, Stafford, Wilson, Prescott -- I think Watson falls in this group. Is he in the top 2 of this tier? Maybe. I don't think I give him that.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, didn't remember this. Yeah, those sumbitches get away with rape, bastids... Whatever

Somehow, they always come out on the "right" side of things. Guy spears a guy and ends his own career after multiple head-hunting attempts and he is honored and viewed as a hero in his efforts to walk again. Literally drove the crown of his helmet into the back of a guy who had multiple back surgeries trying to end his career...but no...he's a good dude.

F**k that franchise.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would classify that as the "IT" factor that JB has, JC has it too. 
But let's see what he can do behind a better OL and JC with a year under his belt now.
I predict that the Offense will see a nice statistical boost, in the Scoring Running and passing.

I agree and the fact that they're such good friends with a history makes them even more dangerous.

Giving Burrow time in the pocket is dangerous when he has a guy like Chase with that "it" factor because it's like they're in each other's minds. 

Normally, I'd actually hope the division would be stronger because, in years past, if we could win this division, we could beat just about any team in the NFL, and the hard-nose style of the division also made us tough. 

This year, though, with how soft the NFL is, I don't think we need to be getting battered around, and especially since we have one of the toughest SOSs in the league.
Reply/Quote