Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
(04-15-2022, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also no more OBJ, Landry, Hooper, or Higgins.
About all they got is Njoku.

Who is Watson going to throw to? A bunch of rookies?

Amari Cooper maybe?

There is going to be a serious rude awakening when it comes to the Browns. That team has owned the Bengals for years, and they just got exponentially better at the most important position. People have been claiming Watson will miss half the season with a suspension... That's not happening this season (if at all). Playmakers all over the defense, really good line and run game, and one of the best QBs in the league... I wish I shared some of y'all's confidence when it comes to what pushovers the Browns will be.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Thing is that even when the Ravens and Steelers "struggle" they are usually .500 teams that are really tough to beat.  It seems like Tomlin knows Voodoo.  Last year the Steelers offense and defense were both ranked in the 20's.  They played a first place schedule and still ended with the same number of losses as us.

And anyone who is not afraid of Watson is delusional.  Just look at his resume.  National Championship in College.  First year as a full-time starter in NFL the Texans improve from 4-12 to 11-5.  Won back-to-back division titles his first two seasons as a starter.  Has number 2 all-time career passer rating (104.5).  Posted a 103.1 rating in '18 despite getting sacked 11 more timesthan Burrow did this year (62 to 51).  Also dangerous running threat with 1400+ yds and 15 tds in his 3 seasons as a starter.  he is one of the best QBs in the game.  he is good enough to transform a team.  Suspension may ruin this year, but the Browns will be a very dangerous team as long as Watson is at QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 02:54 PM)jason Wrote: Amari Cooper maybe?

There is going to be a serious rude awakening when it comes to the Browns. That team has owned the Bengals for years, and they just got exponentially better at the most important position. People have been claiming Watson will miss half the season with a suspension... That's not happening this season (if at all). Playmakers all over the defense, really good line and run game, and one of the best QBs in the league... I wish I shared some of y'all's confidence when it comes to what pushovers the Browns will be.

Plus Nick Chubb who might be the best RB in the league right now besides Jonathan Taylor.

Agree, we need to actually start beating the Browns before we overlook them cause we made it to the Superbowl.

They are tough and Watson is a damn good QB when he isn't a scumbag lol

The Browns Defense is good too, tough team, only team that had our number last year but we damn near beat them with many 
backups against their starters the second time we played them last season. I think we start taking over this rivalry again this year
with Burrow and our Defense. We will see, but they are the team that scares me a bit with Chubb and Watson.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 02:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Breece is not in Joe Mixon’s league. With the better OL Joe will be as good as Henry or Taylor.

21 games is a lot. Having the best RBs to go along with the best QB and WR trio could be pretty cool.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 21 games is a lot. Having the best RBs to go along with the best QB and WR trio could be pretty cool.

The first pick needs to fill a hole in the lineup or certainly a key rotational player. It depends on BPA. Running back who is never going to play more than a third of the time for 4 seasons I don’t think is wise. We know Apple is a weak link. A corner provides depth or could spell either starter. Maybe beat out Apple. A safety like Dax Hill comes with fantastic versatility and depending on Bell or Bates leaving in 2023 insurance. A DT like Wyatt or Logan Hall would really bolster the depth at DT where rotation is a must. Drafting Linderbaum or Johnson guarantees a long time starter and would cement a 4 year group of continuity of at least 4 OL starters. It also is great insurance with the unknown of Carman or just depth all across the line. We know about OL injuries.

Finally I watched Hall in person in college several times and he wouldn’t be my pick any way. But I do think he will have a solid career. I think they are more than content with Evans and Perine.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thing is that even when the Ravens and Steelers "struggle" they are usually .500 teams that are really tough to beat.  It seems like Tomlin knows Voodoo.  Last year the Steelers offense and defense were both ranked in the 20's.  They played a first place schedule and still ended with the same number of losses as us.

And anyone who is not afraid of Watson is delusional.  Just look at his resume.  National Championship in College.  First year as a full-time starter in NFL the Texans improve from 4-12 to 11-5.  Won back-to-back division titles his first two seasons as a starter.  Has number 2 all-time career passer rating (104.5).  Posted a 103.1 rating in '18 despite getting sacked 11 more timesthan Burrow did this year (62 to 51).  Also dangerous running threat with 1400+ yds and 15 tds in his 3 seasons as a starter.  he is one of the best QBs in the game.  he is good enough to transform a team.  Suspension may ruin this year, but the Browns will be a very dangerous team as long as Watson is at QB.

So?
They will be good games, but it's not like we got worse either.

As far as Watson goes? He hasn't played in over a year, still has a cloud of troubles hanging on his head. Who knows what they will get with him.

Watson, Garrett and Cooper make up half of their annual salary cap for the next few years. And no first round picks for 3 either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 04:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The first pick needs to fill a hole in the lineup or certainly a key rotational player. It depends on BPA. Running back who is never going to play more than a third of the time for 4 seasons I don’t think is wise. We know Apple is a weak link. A corner provides depth or could spell either starter. Maybe beat out Apple. A safety like Dax Hill comes with fantastic versatility and depending on Bell or Bates leaving in 2023 insurance. A DT like Wyatt or Logan Hall would really bolster the depth at DT where rotation is a must. Drafting Linderbaum or Johnson guarantees a long time starter and would cement a 4 year group of continuity of at least 4 OL starters. It also is great insurance with the unknown of Carman or just depth all across the line. We know about OL injuries.

Finally I watched Hall in person in college several times and he wouldn’t be my pick any way. But I do think he will have a solid career. I think they are more than content with Evans and Perine.

I really like Breece Hall, more than you do I see but I agree. We don't need a RB.

We need a Corner, a DT, DE or a OL early much more.

Would even take a TE like McBride or a WR if someone really talented fell to 31 for some odd reason over any RB in this Draft.

BTW, just heard that Devonte Wyatt has had multiple domestic violence problems so I have taken him off my list as of now.

Andrew Booth who was my fave CB for us also has injury concerns which sucks for me. Really wanted Booth. Great player.

Kaiir Elam, McCreary or Kyler Gordon have just went up my board big time, same with Logan Hall and Trevor Jones over Wyatt now.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Breece Hall, more than you do I see but I agree. We don't need a RB.

We need a Corner, a DT, DE or a OL early much more.

Would even take a TE like McBride or a WR if someone really talented fell to 31 for some odd reason over any RB in this Draft.

BTW, just heard that Devonte Wyatt has had multiple domestic violence problems so I have taken him off my list as of now.

Andrew Booth who was my fave CB for us also has injury concerns which sucks for me. Really wanted Booth. Great player.

Kaiir Elam, McCreary or Kyler Gordon have just went up my board big time, same with Logan Hall and Trevor Jones over Wyatt now.

Then they won’t take Wyatt. I’m not down on Hall just don’t think he’s a first rounder. I’m about BPA. At 63 I’m much more receptive. If he was going to be our feature back then that’s different. I mean he’s not gonna get more than 1/3 PT. But I do like Walker better. I’m pessimistic on getting Zion Johnson so if I was in a pool and picking our pick it’d be Dax Hill. He’s versatile to help if any of the 5 secondary starters go down or just sub in. Great on special teams. He’s so athletic and insurance if we groom him for the starting safety next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're currently projected with the third-best odds to win the division, which is stupid to me considering we were one block away from wining the Super Bowl with a dog shit offensive line that we've now improved.

What does one play away from winning the super bowl really mean? We were also one play away from losing to the raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. We BARELY made the super bowl. Everyone thinks are team is so stacked and a shoe in for playoffs and a good shot at super bowl. I believe we can make it back, but I also believe Titans, Cheifs, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Browns can all make it.

Where does this team stand if we lost Hendrickson? Awuzie? Or Collins and the guards aren’t as good as they were. What if they give up 50 sacks instead of 70?

I like the improvements we’ve made, but I also think we’re going to need a lot of luck and health to get back again. But we do have Joe Burrow. So all is possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What does one play away from winning the super bowl really mean? We were also one play away from losing to the raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. We BARELY made the super bowl. Everyone thinks are team is so stacked and a shoe in for playoffs and a good shot at super bowl. I believe we can make it back, but I also believe Titans, Cheifs, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Browns can all make it.

Where does this team stand if we lost Hendrickson? Awuzie? Or Collins and the guards aren’t as good as they were. What if they give up 50 sacks instead of 70?

I like the improvements we’ve made, but I also think we’re going to need a lot of luck and health to get back again. But we do have Joe Burrow. So all is possible.

Well we made the Super Bowl losing Reiff. We lost Logan Wilson for several games and won. Awouzie would hurt like Tampa when they lost some receivers.

The Bengals were 6-2 their last 8 games. 6 of those games were against playoff teams. 1 of those losses was OT against SF and the other the Rams in a close Super Bowl. Some want to imply they were lucky. The Chiefs were lucky to beat the Bills. The Rams were lucky to beat SF. I don’t think anybody is saying they are a clear favorite to win the AFC. However as tough as the AFC is going to be the Bengals with a better OL match up well.
Reply/Quote
I'm anxious to see peak Jamarr Chase not shaking off rust and adjusting to the pro game. If he is open and he should start beating double teams I have no doubt Burrow will get him the ball if he stays healthy he has a shot at all the records Rice currently has.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh yes, Cooper too. I missed him when scanning through their roster. 
Still, that's just two capable receivers in Njoku and Cooper.

Yeah and they've lost some picks in the Watson trade. I imagine they'll have to take a WR early and probably a 2nd one at some point. The Browns have a good squad already but hopefully they won't be able to add to it that much in this draft.
Reply/Quote
I,m concerned about the LG spot on the OL.They need a good Center so they can move Karras to LG,where he plays best.They have to protect Joe Burrow and have a consistantly good run game.If that happens,we win the division.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then they won’t take Wyatt. I’m not down on Hall just don’t think he’s a first rounder. I’m about BPA. At 63 I’m much more receptive. If he was going to be our feature back then that’s different. I mean he’s not gonna get more than 1/3 PT. But I do like Walker better. I’m pessimistic on getting Zion Johnson so if I was in a pool and picking our pick it’d be Dax Hill. He’s versatile to help if any of the 5 secondary starters go down or just sub in. Great on special teams. He’s so athletic and insurance if we groom him for the starting safety next year.

I do like Dax, I just like Jaquan Brisker more. But to each his own. Some damn good versatile Safeties in this class that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What does one play away from winning the super bowl really mean? We were also one play away from losing to the raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. We BARELY made the super bowl. Everyone thinks are team is so stacked and a shoe in for playoffs and a good shot at super bowl. I believe we can make it back, but I also believe Titans, Cheifs, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Browns can all make it.

It means if we had adequate OL play we would of won easily, that is what it means and now we should have just that.

We won't have to rely on luck which I don't believe in anyways. We were blessed a bit but we still had our fair share of injuries to key
players and still made the Superbowl and had a chance to win as Soonerpeace spoke of. Lost Reiff and Ogunjobi and Spain, Wilson, 
Adeniji, Hopkins were playing injured.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 04:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're currently projected with the third-best odds to win the division, which is stupid to me considering we were one block away from wining the Super Bowl with a dog shit offensive line that we've now improved.

What does one play away from winning the super bowl really mean? We were also one play away from losing to the raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. We BARELY made the super bowl. Everyone thinks are team is so stacked and a shoe in for playoffs and a good shot at super bowl. I believe we can make it back, but I also believe Titans, Cheifs, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Browns can all make it.

Reply/Quote
This is getting a bit weird.

We throttled the Rats in BOTH games - and in game one they were not that injured. Also Chase has played against Humphries and abused him.

Sorry, but Deshawn Watson doesn't scare me. He hasn't played in a year and before that played a lot against bad competition in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Add in the Stains gutting their team and I'm not scared.

The Stealers to me are better competition than the Stains. They have a better overall D and Trubisky is competent for what they do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is getting a bit weird.

We throttled the Rats in BOTH games - and in game one they were not that injured. Also Chase has played against Humphries and abused him.

Sorry, but Deshawn Watson doesn't scare me. He hasn't played in a year and before that played a lot against bad competition in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Add in the Stains gutting their team and I'm not scared.

The Stealers to me are better competition than the Stains. They have a better overall D and Trubisky is competent for what they do.

Deshaun Watson was a top five QB when he last saw the field. He missed a season... So did Ja'Marr Chase: how'd that work out for him? The division the Texans played in is irrelevant. He was under center in playoff wins (the former gold standard around here), and he's put up absurd numbers in the NFL.

I'm not sure the Steelers have a better overall D than the Browns. I am certain that they have a worse overall offense than Cleveland, and the Browns swept us last year... And the year before that, and 2 years before that.

It was exciting to make a big jump last year, and reach the Super Bowl. It's exciting that we've improved on paper too... But last year is gone, and other teams have improved as well. Sleep on the Browns at your own risk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What does one play away from winning the super bowl really mean? We were also one play away from losing to the raiders, Titans, and Chiefs. We BARELY made the super bowl. Everyone thinks are team is so stacked and a shoe in for playoffs and a good shot at super bowl. I believe we can make it back, but I also believe Titans, Cheifs, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots, Browns can all make it.

It means we had the talent to get there, even with a horrible line, and we were one player holding their block for a half a second longer from winning the Super Bowl.

The fact that we had such a shitty line and were still able to win those games sparks volumes.

Staying healthy is always a priority but we're well-rounded enough that we should be able to survive one or two injuries and hopefully we can sign or draft some depth that makes it even less of an issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:33 PM)Joelist Wrote:  played a lot against bad competition in one of the weakest divisions in the league. 

WTF?

In both '18 and '19 the AFC South had 2 playoff teams and in '18 they had 3 winning teams with the 9-7 Titans missing the playoffs.  Plus the Texans were playing a first place schedule because they were winning the division.
Reply/Quote