Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to learn Christian forgiveness and look past Trump's past actions!
(03-28-2018, 04:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Still no solution.  What do you want done, and who do you want to do it?  

Rolleyes

(03-28-2018, 03:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: A
Christian
nation,
heck
even
a
RATIONAL
nation,
would
look
at
a
man
who
did
two
tours
serving
his
country,
one
who
committed
a
crime
but
was
serving
his
punishment
and
bettering
himself,
and
made
him
a
citizen
of
the
country
he
defended. 

Clear?

The people who threw him out of the country should have done it. Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-28-2018, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit I'm Christian but I do clip the edges of my beard,

WTS, Leviticus is in the old testament, that's more of a Jewish/hebrew thing than a Christian one. But to the scripture I am against anyone mistreating a foreigner in our land, but if the law of man says they must go, then they must go and from what i understand we do so in a humane fashion.

Bottom line is this thread tries to create a correlation where none exists and is feeble in nature, but as long as you are willing to continue to bury yourself, I have no problem helping out with the dirt. 

I think he wants a Christian monarch.  Someone to rule as a Christian, and can change laws at will.  Now we just have to decide which denomination of Christianity.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-28-2018, 04:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

The people who threw him out of the country should have done it.  Thanks.

Ohhh.  So you are mad at the few people who made the decision, and not the nation, and you wanted those few people not to be hypocrites although you have no idea who they are or what their beliefs are.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-28-2018, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll admit I'm Christian but I do clip the edges of my beard,

WTS, Leviticus is in the old testament, that's more of a Jewish/hebrew thing than a Christian one. But to the scripture I am against anyone mistreating a foreigner in our land, but if the law of man says they must go, then they must go and from what i understand we do so in a humane fashion.

Bottom line is this thread tries to create a correlation where none exists and is feeble in nature, but as long as you are willing to continue to bury yourself, I have no problem helping out with the dirt. 

Oh!  So you want to ignore (some) the OT laws?

Okie dokie.

https://ism.intervarsity.org/resource/aliens-strangers-and-gospel

Quote:Unlike the Old Testament, the New Testament says little about foreigners because Jesus destroyed the dividing wall between Jews and non-Jews. By his death on the Cross he made a new covenant from which no people on earth is excluded (Ephesians 2:11-19).

...if the Israelites had to take special care of the alien because of his particular circumstances, so we should show greater understanding and concern for the alien living in our midst. Jesus affirms this teaching of the law and brings out its full meaning in his parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). He clearly links together these two commandments to love our neighbor and to love the alien. For the Jews, Samaritans were not only foreigners but long-standing enemies with whom they refused to have the least contact with (John 4:9). Now, Jesus not only calls the Samaritan the Jew’s neighbor, he also asks the teacher of the law to follow the Samaritan’s example: "Go", he says, "and do likewise."

As I have said...let's stop talking about being a Christian nation and act like one.
(03-28-2018, 04:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think he wants a Christian monarch.  Someone to rule as a Christian, and can change laws at will.  Now we just have to decide which denomination of Christianity.  

Nah, he just wants to mock Christians and blame Trump. WTS, I will say how surprised I am that he supports governing by religious doctrine..........

Hey, maybe there is some hypocrisy in this thread after all. I take back what I said to Griever about there being none. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-28-2018, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  So you want to ignore (some) the OT laws?

Okie dokie.

https://ism.intervarsity.org/resource/aliens-strangers-and-gospel

As I have said...let's stop talking about being a Christian nation and act like one.

OK, but I don't know that we will have an easy time overturning Roe.  

(03-28-2018, 04:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ohhh.  So you are mad at the few people who made the decision, and not the nation, and you wanted those few people not to be hypocrites although you have no idea who they are or what their beliefs are.

Those people represent the people running the nation.  I apologize for making "christians" feel uncomfortable about the difference between the way this county talks and acts...but my message stands.  We have continued to elect leaders that enable these things.  We as a NATION should be reacting more strongly to these things.
(03-28-2018, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  So you want to ignore (some) the OT laws?

Nope, but a dude named Jesus Christ told me that I can be forgiven if I don't follow all the laws of Moses to the letter. But that's more of a Christian thing. 

(03-28-2018, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, but a dude named Jesus Christ told me that I can be forgiven if I don't follow all the laws of Moses to the letter. But that's more of a Christian thing. 

You didn't read the rest of my response.

Teehee.
(03-28-2018, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Those people represent the people running the nation. I apologize for making "christians" feel uncomfortable about the difference between the way this county talks and acts...but my message stands.  We have continued to elect leaders that enable these things.  We as a NATION should be reacting more strongly to these things.

Jesus you think that's what you did? 

What leaders enabled what?  It's a perfectly reasonable immigration law with an out if the board or whatever the decision makers are called chooses to use it.  

(03-28-2018, 04:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: You didn't read the rest of my response.

Teehee.

Sure did, I just didn't think the parable of the Good Samaritan was germane to the situation at hand.  

(03-28-2018, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Those people represent the people running the nation.  I apologize for making "christians" feel uncomfortable about the difference between the way this county talks and acts...but my message stands.  We have continued to elect leaders that enable these things.  We as a NATION should be reacting more strongly to these things.

The only people you have made feel uncomfortable in this thread are those that find comfort in logic. 

(03-28-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure did, I just didn't think the parable of the Good Samaritan was germane to the situation at hand.  

Most of it isn't which is too bad, because we could have had a discussion about the actual man.  

(03-28-2018, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only people you have made feel uncomfortable in this thread are those that find comfort in logic. 

Well, to be fair, there are many frustrations in this forum for those that find comfort in logic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
OK Dino after you reply to my replies let's skip the Christianity part, and let me ask if you are proposing that any non-citizen who joins the military should be granted automatic citizenship, because that's something worth discussing.

(03-28-2018, 04:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, to be fair, there are many frustrations in this forum for those that find comfort in logic.

I know.  I feel so alone.   Hilarious

This is indicative of our attitude in this country of preferring punishment over treatment and not dealing with veteran issues like PTSD.

You have a man who served this adopted country in uniform and the result of that turned him to substance abuse. He admits to his crimes and seeks to better himself. For that he is deported.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-29-2018, 10:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is indicative of our attitude in this country of preferring punishment over treatment and not dealing with veteran issues like PTSD.

You have a man who served this adopted country in uniform and the result of that turned him to substance abuse. He admits to his crimes and seeks to better himself. For that he is deported.

These are the situations I have a tough time with, but also highlight why a technocracy isn't the best thing. Per the laws and policies in place, the deportation was appropriate. As a bureaucrat, I like that. It's nice and neat in its explanation. But life isn't cut and dry. There is room here to say "our systems failed this person, causing him to seek help in places he shouldn't have because he wasn't getting it where he should've been." Should we not have sympathy to that situation?

I just wish that we could fix the VA system in a way that people like this would be supported. That isn't going to be happening any time soon, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-29-2018, 10:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is indicative of our attitude in this country of preferring punishment over treatment and not dealing with veteran issues like PTSD.

I don't know if he was a substance abuser or not, but that's not what he got in trouble for.  He was delivering cocaine.  Maybe that was to feed a substance abuse problem?

(03-29-2018, 11:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know if he was a substance abuser or not, but that's not what he got in trouble for.  He was delivering cocaine.  Maybe that was to feed a substance abuse problem?

That's the way this is being discussed, that he was an abuser which then led to him getting charged. He likely was doing the delivery to afford more to feed his habit.