Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
"We're not trading that guy"
(10-10-2019, 06:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why believe anything out of the mouth of an 0-5 coach

Forget the record.  Never listen to ANY coach when talking about trading a player.  Here is how it works.

The coach will always support every player as long as he is on the roster.  Even if he knows the front office is planning on trading a guy he always wants to be seen supporting the guys on his team.

There are some exception where the player has been causing trouble or something like that, but generally every coach will say he is happy to have the players that he does.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 10:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trying to downplay what he accomplished behind our insanely bad OL is pretty silly.

It was a downright Herculean effort to rush for 1k+ yds with that line. You obviously just don’t like the guy, which is fair, but c’mon...

Yes... He rushed for 1000 yards behind that shitty line... And that is an accomplishment. While it is true, I just think the whole led the AFC in rushing is a lil disingenuous. By December, all the other top AFC RBs were gone.

I don't dislike the guy. I think he's childish for his whole "You think you can do better than 1ypc?" to the paying customers. I'm also not gonna like it when he holds out to be paid like Zeke next year either... That's laughable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:09 PM)jason Wrote: Yes... He rushed for 1000 yards behind that shitty line... And that is an accomplishment. While it is true, I just think the whole led the AFC in rushing is a lil disingenuous. By December, all the other top AFC RBs were gone.

I don't dislike the guy. I think he's childish for his whole "You think you can do better than 1ypc?" to the paying customers. I'm also not gonna like it when he holds out to be paid like Zeke next year either... That's laughable.
Don't worry, the Bengals will not pay him...and let him walk.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Don't worry, the Bengals will not pay him...and let him walk.  

Nor should they.

Again Joe Mixon is a nice player. I was all for drafting the guy, but it's easier to replace a player of his caliber than it is AJ Green.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah well last Fitz signed he was about AJs age now I believe or older.

He missed just 6 games in 16 years, Aj has missed that many this year. Apples and oranges!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem with more 2 TE sets is that Boyd is the only WR that can get open. Now, IF/WHEN Green comes back...that's a different story.

That's why I said 2 TE sets with Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time...

Boyd and the best Receiver out of Willis, Tate and Morgan until AJ gets back.

(10-11-2019, 08:27 AM)jason Wrote: The leading the AFC in rushing is a talking point more than it's some great accomplishment. Le'Veon Bell didn't play, Melvin Gordon got injured, Nick Chubb didn't start getting a healthy workload til the season was half over. Kareem Hunt didn't finish the season... And Elliot, Kamara, and Gurley are in the NFC. But yes; he lead the AFC in rushing.

Mixon also missed two games and still led the AFC in rushing.

He is not a dime a dozen RB and to say so is crazy. The run blocking just needs to get better.

(10-11-2019, 09:23 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

We're the 26th ranked offense in the NFL averaging 16 points a game. We're in 11 personnel (1RB, 1TE, 3 WR) the most in the NFL 83% of the time !

We need to get Eifert, Uzomah, Mixon, and Gio on the field more and more involved in the passing game. Mixon and Gio are both averaging like 2.5 catches a game, they need to double that. And not just the screens we can't run.

If we had AJ and Ross 11 personnel would make more sense.

You know it BF74, that is ridiculously predictable. We just throw all the time and the Receivers aren't good blockers in the
run game. We line up TE's who can block and catch along with Mixon and Gio who are not just runners but are Receivers 
and you suddenly become unpredictable and you WILL run it better I guaranfrickintee it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not know if a NT should be part of the core unless he is an all pro type.  Billings is good, but I do not know if he is all pro good.  

He's graded right behind Geno currently. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's graded right behind Geno currently. 

He looks like a bowling ball out there
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
They wont trade him but they dont sign him yet either. In a couple weeks he will return but get injured and go on IR. They wont resign him because of the injury and he walks as a FA. We get nothing....
Reply/Quote
He's aging so that can mean only one thing from the Bengals perspective.. Sign him to a 20 year deal worth billions and sell us all on his statue unveiling ceremony to sell seats sometime in the distant future. Can you smell the hype already? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's why I said 2 TE sets with Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time...

He is not a dime a dozen RB and to say so is crazy. The run blocking just needs to get better.

You know it BF74, that is ridiculously predictable. We just throw all the time and the Receivers aren't good blockers in the
run game. We line up TE's who can block and catch along with Mixon and Gio who are not just runners but are Receivers 
and you suddenly become unpredictable and you WILL run it better I guaranfrickintee it.
"guaranfrickintee" is a new term recently coined to mean how badly the team blows?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He looks like a bowling ball out there

NT's aren't supposed to be skinny. Always said he reminded me of Vince Wilfork but quicker and he is showing it this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 04:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: "guaranfrickintee" is a new term recently coined to mean how badly the team blows?

Yes and I gauranfrickintee if we ran more 2 TE sets with Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time we would be better... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's why I said 2 TE sets with Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time...

A 5'8" UDFA rookie in Denver put up stats that weren't much less than Mixon's. If he'd have had the same amount of attempts, he'd had led the conference in rushing. This season, that same 5'8" RB is outproducing Mixon.

I can't think of an UDFA who's put up numbers near AJ Green's.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That's why I said 2 TE sets with Mixon and Gio on the field at the same time...

Does Callahan/Taylor even have a play in the playbook for 2 TE + 2 RB? He seems to really favor 3 WR sets. To your point though, that doesn't get the best 5 weapons on the field (Boyd, Eifert, Uzomah, Mixon, Bernard).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 05:28 PM)jason Wrote: A 5'8" UDFA rookie in Denver put up stats that weren't much less than Mixon's. If he'd have had the same amount of attempts, he'd had led the conference in rushing. This season, that same 5'8" RB is outproducing Mixon.

No but I can think of a 6th rounder who did (Antonio Brown).

EDIT - I take that back. Welker put up 5 seasons of 1100+ yards and was a UDFA. Actually, Welker has more 1100+ yard seasons than Green (3).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love ya AJ ... But this is a bad business decision at the end of the day.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 05:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No but I can think of a 6th rounder who did (Antonio Brown).

EDIT - I take that back. Welker put up 5 seasons of 1100+ yards and was a UDFA. Actually, Welker has more 1100+ yard seasons than Green (3).

Sure enough....

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 05:28 PM)jason Wrote: A 5'8" UDFA rookie in Denver put up stats that weren't much less than Mixon's. If he'd have had the same amount of attempts, he'd had led the conference in rushing. This season, that same 5'8" RB is outproducing Mixon.

RB's are largely the product of the offensive line.

WR's are more individual talent, although the Saints system spreads the ball around...but they still have a Michael Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:00 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We need to extend him then. I am okay with a trade ornextending, but if this team does not extend him and he leaves, then not trading him would be a waste of an opportunity.

Tiger  I believe they'll waste the opportunity. They won't trade him (stupid decision). They'll try to extend him and that won't work because I don't think the Brown family has enough money for AJ to stay. He's getting on in years, and if he hits the market, he'll be able to decide who he wants to play for. How long he wants to stay there and how much money he's going to cost them.

IF he plays any games in Cincinnati this year, they'll be his last game in stripes...

Just my $.02... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote