Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We're playing Brandon Allen
Big kack Brock in concussion protocall per Adam Schefert.
Reply/Quote
Correction, we're playing Sam Darnold.
Reply/Quote
I sure did assume this meant Burrow was injured for about 5 seconds.

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 05:20 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Correction, we're playing Sam Darnold.

He has days to get out of concussion protocol. He seemed fine and had no signs during their game at Vikings.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Yay, we play a back up quarterback.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 05:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has days to get out of concussion protocol. He seemed fine and had no signs during their game at Vikings.

He displayed symptoms on the plane ride home
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 05:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has days to get out of concussion protocol. He seemed fine and had no signs during their game at Vikings.

Schefter saying he is unlikely to play.

Brock Purdy Injury: 49ers QB in NFL concussion protocol ahead of Bengals game - Cincy Jungle
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he'll play. The NFL is very careful about head injuries. The Bengals even contributed to the increased caution by blasting Tua to Pluto.
Reply/Quote
49ers just win by a little less.
Reply/Quote
No Deebo, now likely no Brock.
Put heavy focus on the RB(s) and force Darnold to make throws to Kittle and Aiyuk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don’t think this changes the game too much, don’t see a huge drop off between Purdy and Darnold. Darnold may be a little rusty though so that could help us.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 06:57 PM)125250 Wrote: 49ers just win by a little less.

Do that and we win IMO.
Reply/Quote
Kyle Shanahan's system seems to be conducive to any QB. Having said that; Darnold really sucks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 07:21 PM)tBengal Wrote: I don’t think this changes the game too much, don’t see a huge drop off between Purdy and Darnold. Darnold may be a little rusty though so that could help us.

Really? You don’t think there is a bigger difference between Brock Purdy and Sam “INT” Darnold? 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 07:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? You don’t think there is a bigger difference between Brock Purdy and Sam “INT” Darnold? 

I think they're quite similar

[Image: 4361741.png&w=350&h=254]

[Image: 3912547.png&w=350&h=254]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Too bad it isn’t Brandon Allen. I don’t think even the Bengals’ ability to win backups starting gigs can compensate for the pure suck of Brandon Allen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 05:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Yay, we play a back up quarterback.

Ninja

Literally the same thing I told my friends in our group chat when one said he said he was happy about it!

Hilarious

I did mention that we're breaking all the curses with Burrow though!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 07:21 PM)tBengal Wrote: I don’t think this changes the game too much, don’t see a huge drop off between Purdy and Darnold. Darnold may be a little rusty though so that could help us.

I could be wrong but by most metrics I’ve seen Purdy is a top 15 QB if not top 10. That being said no matter who is at QB, CMC is a threat to go off at any time so our run D had better show up with some fire and intensity.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 08:32 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I could be wrong but by most metrics I’ve seen Purdy is a top 15 QB if not top 10. That being said no matter who is at QB, CMC is a threat to go off at any time so our run D had better show up with some fire and intensity.

Not completely discounting Purdy, but we've seen Jimmy G and CJ Beathard both play at a decently high level in SF in his system. When he was the OC in Atlanta, Matt Ryan was an MVP. When he was in DC he had RG3 look amazing as a rookie Pro Bowler. When he was in Houston, he had Matt Schaub lead the league in passing yards and was a Pro Bowler with a career high of QB Rating.

There's just too many instances of okay QBs becoming Pro Bowlers in Shanahan's system.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 08:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Literally the same thing I told my friends in our group chat when one said he said he was happy about it!

Hilarious

I did mention that we're breaking all the curses with Burrow though!

WHO-DEY!

I certainly hope so. Freakin' TJ Yates.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote