Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We should be rooting for Jaguars
(01-21-2023, 10:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He's our be-otch!  Straight up punk

He's 0-3 against Joe. That's a fact. How does that make him a punk. I don't get the nastiness. I have a ton of respect for Joe.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n121dpbs2uu54opq7k...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
Mahomes will not be close to full speed. We dodged a bullet
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:08 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: You guys will beat Buffalo for sure and it will be by at least 10. Yall are a matchup nightmare for them on the ground and in the air. Also their offensive line is terrible and yall's defensive line is going to rattle Allen.

No doubt in my mind we'll be seeing each other next week in our house.

I think we have some good matchups if the run game does well early.  

I want the Bengals to win first and foremost, but I also very much want to see the plan for the Atlanta game go down in flames.  That whole deal sucks. 

If the Bengals lose to Buffalo, I'll be pulling for KC.  The Bengals should be playing the Bills at Paycor tomorrow, and the AFC title game should be in KC.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mahomes will not be close to full speed. We dodged a bullet

I kind of wish Andy had let Chad play the 2nf half but Pat will be OK. Even at 90% he's still a stud though. He'll be fine. Just another chance for him to put on the cape and prove everyone wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:34 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: I kind of wish Andy had let Chad play the 2nf half but Pat will be OK. Even at 90% he's still a stud though. He'll be fine. Just another chance for him to put on the cape and prove everyone wrong.

He's the consensus best QB in the NFL. What is he going to "prove wrong"? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:30 PM)samhain Wrote: I think we have some good matchups if the run game does well early.  

I want the Bengals to win first and foremost, but I also very much want to see the plan for the Atlanta game go down in flames.  That whole deal sucks. 

If the Bengals lose to Buffalo, I'll be pulling for KC.  The Bengals should be playing the Bills at Paycor tomorrow, and the AFC title game should be in KC.  

The Atlanta thing only makes since if you play the Cin-Buff game on a neutral site FIRST. Yall got bent over by the league on that one. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:34 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: I kind of wish Andy had let Chad play the 2nf half but Pat will be OK. Even at 90% he's still a stud though. He'll be fine. Just another chance for him to put on the cape and prove everyone wrong.

He won’t be 90%…. Not even close.

His foot is going to look Mr Deeds tomorrow/Monday.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's the consensus best QB in the NFL. What is he going to "prove wrong"? 

You guys will win tomorrow which means he'll have to prove he can finally beat Burrow, that him and the Chiefs are still the big dogs in the AFC, and he'll have to do it all while injured. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:39 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: The Atlanta thing only makes since if you play the Cin-Buff game on a neutral site FIRST. Yall got bent over by the league on that one. 

I hate it.  I don't like the idea of a forfeit, but that's what should have happened.  The Bengals were willing to make up the game, the Bills were not.  The Bengals accommodated out of desire to do the right thing.  The Ravens were pacified with the coin flip thing, which was irrelevant in the end, sort of.  The Bengals still had to play back to back games vs an extremely violent divisional opponent with no chance to rest starters due to the coin flip.  Two weeks later we are down two linemen and heading to Buffalo.  

The Bills locked up a home divisional game and are guaranteed not to have to go to Arrowhead should they play in the conference championship.  They also avoid Paycor in the divisional, which is exactly where tomorrow's game should be played.  Garbage, subjective decision.  

If Buffalo wins the AFC, that's a huge asterisk.  It will be more and more obvious as we get farther away from the Hamlin incident.  Totally botched by the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)TheFan Wrote: Ahh. I agree he's played really well this year. Switch him teams with Burrow or Allen and I think you're probably saying the same about them as well. Mahomes is obviously a great QB and would be good with any team but it can not be overstated the difference Andy Reid makes for a QB. He's easily the best offensive mind in football for the last 20+ years. 

Andy Reid certainly has the quip for the ages when there was 13 seconds left in the Buffalo/Chiefs game last year: "When things look grim, be the grim reaper." That was terrific. But then the Chiefs fans overdid it with their promotion of that the week before the AFCCC, and the Bengals killed what would have been an all-time classic quip. Doesn't work unless you make it to the end successfully.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:46 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: You guys will win tomorrow which means he'll have to prove he can finally beat Burrow, that him and the Chiefs are still the big dogs in the AFC, and he'll have to do it all while injured. 

I don't know.  Objectively speaking, escapability is a huge part of Patrick's game.  A lot of the "magic" comes from the gift he has for it.  It's very unusual.  A lot of that will be gone for (most likely) the rest of the postseason.

The arm and mind are still there, but Idk if that's enough.  Jacksonville's defense proved me wrong.  I thought they were a lot better than they played, but they were terrible.  They sent a lot of pressure, and that's not how you beat Mahomes.  He made them pay dearly, which isn't much of a surprise.  It's basically the opposite of what the Bengals have done when they've managed to beat him.  Drop 7 or 8, hope the 3 or 4 up front get to him before he figures out the coverage.  One thing I see with him is that when things go bad, he gets frustrated and somehow forgets how to play football.  It's just damn hard to get him into that mindset because he's otherworldly good.
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest also - the game was there for Jax to win. They blew it courtesy of a completely unforced fumble (that was a TD if he actually secures the ball normally) and a bad interception. Also, Jax's defensive gameplan of blitzing Mahomes while playing pillow soft zones on Kelce must have been drug fueled. Lou showed the way - drop 7 or 8, spy Mahomes, make sure Kelce is bracketed or tight man coverage and DISGUISE COVERAGES.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:13 PM)ChiefsPlanet #1 Forum Wrote: He's 0-3 against Joe. That's a fact. How does that make him a punk. I don't get the nastiness. I have a ton of respect for Joe.

The nastiness is a bit over the top, but the origin goes back to last season with the combination of Mahomes brother and wife's antics plus Chiefs fans dropping into Bengals sites / social media before the AFCCG and laying not just smack but personal, pretty vile smack at times. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He won’t be 90%…. Not even close.

His foot is going to look Mr Deeds tomorrow/Monday.

No he’s gonna be pretty bad
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 12:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No he’s gonna be pretty bad

He’s got a week with constant attention. I’ll take a win anyway I can get it, but I wouldn’t plan on him being completely hampered.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 11:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's be honest also - the game was there for Jax to win. They blew it courtesy of a completely unforced fumble (that was a TD if he actually secures the ball normally) and a bad interception. Also, Jax's defensive gameplan of blitzing Mahomes while playing pillow soft zones on Kelce must have been drug fueled. Lou showed the way - drop 7 or 8, spy Mahomes, make sure Kelce is bracketed or tight man coverage and DISGUISE COVERAGES.

Not all secondaries can disguise coverages as well as the bengals. Lou has a well coached, smart secondary.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 08:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Refs letting Chiefs do the exact stuff they flag the Jags for - clearly thumb on the scale here.

I hope no one is really surprised by this. 
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 08:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: This officiating performance is disgusting.

Chiefs have spent more time holding jags players than teenage lads have spent holding their dicks in their bedroom.

Easiest way to cheat is no-calls on holding. I have no doubt the officials have received directives to allow KC and Buffalo to hold.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I'm worried about the late flag after a 3rd down stop.

"Holding . . . on the defense. 5 yard penalty. Automatic 1st down!"

The replays show nothing. That's what I'm fearing the most outside of injuries.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:50 PM)samhain Wrote: I hate it.  I don't like the idea of a forfeit, but that's what should have happened.  The Bengals were willing to make up the game, the Bills were not.  The Bengals accommodated out of desire to do the right thing.  The Ravens were pacified with the coin flip thing, which was irrelevant in the end, sort of.  The Bengals still had to play back to back games vs an extremely violent divisional opponent with no chance to rest starters due to the coin flip.  Two weeks later we are down two linemen and heading to Buffalo.  

The Bills locked up a home divisional game and are guaranteed not to have to go to Arrowhead should they play in the conference championship.  They also avoid Paycor in the divisional, which is exactly where tomorrow's game should be played.  Garbage, subjective decision.  

If Buffalo wins the AFC, that's a huge asterisk.  It will be more and more obvious as we get farther away from the Hamlin incident.  Totally botched by the NFL.
Show me where the Bengals organization said makeup the game?, and show were Buffalo organization said no makeup.we put ourselves in this position by having a worse record than the Bills with same number of games played.. hence bills are hosting this game. 
Reply/Quote