Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still calling for Turner/Lou's head?
Like the saying goes, "winning fixes everything", are we now cool with Turner/Lou? I haven't seen any real badmouthing them this week. Before the Jags win it was like both of them had run a train on everyone's sister, people were ready to burn their houses down. I just want to know if I'm still supposed to be mad or not?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Yes because I’m not sold that the jags are a good measuring stick for success

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Still want them gone.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Yes let’s get rid of Tobins’s Scapegoats. Let’s fire the wide receivers coach to John Ross is actually good.
Reply/Quote
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. These guys aren't going to become superstars in one week, but I'm hoping that they will at least improve some week-to-week.
But yes, if an obvious replacement presented itself, I'd show these two the door tomorrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We’ll be right back to wanting at least Lou gone when Lamar goes off Sunday.

Reply/Quote
All thing considered I'm feeling better. But I'm far from convinced.
Reply/Quote
Turner for sure. Lou I’d be ok with, but he has longer leash because he doesn’t have a track record, maybe he still can get better. In reality I’d be ok with Taylor being fired too, the. He could just take Turner and Lou with him.
Reply/Quote
They need to keep learning and improving.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Lou has had mostly produced positive games for us dating back to the Raiders game of last season. This season 3 out of the 4 games this year have been good enough to get this team victories and they have been doing it without thier best player in Geno Atkins. As it stands now he should still have a job.

Turner should be fired if the offensive line keep playing the way they have played in the first 4 games. At this point neither the run game or pass protection is up to snuff.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on Turner anymore. Lou its hard to say yet because had 0 good LBs last year and a bunch of young ones this year, and we are so thin at DL right now. I like what Lou did in the offseason. He brought good players here and drafted some promising ones, but the jury is still out.

Not so much with Turner. I really cant say much about him right now other that he should've known Redmond was better than Johnson and Price.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 I'm just not getting a warm & fuzzy with those 2. ZT isn't too far behind.

My opinion is any time you can upgrade, pull the trigger. Goes for players and coaches...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:55 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Like the saying goes, "winning fixes everything", are we now cool with Turner/Lou? I haven't seen any real badmouthing them this week. Before the Jags win it was like both of them had run a train on everyone's sister, people were ready to burn their houses down. I just want to know if I'm still supposed to be mad or not?

Let's see how the Bengals do against the Ravens, Browns, Colts, Steelers, and Titans. All of these teams have a winning record at the moment.
I'm not a gambling man, but if I was, I'd bet the Bengals don't win more than 1 game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 10:55 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Like the saying goes, "winning fixes everything", are we now cool with Turner/Lou? I haven't seen any real badmouthing them this week. Before the Jags win it was like both of them had run a train on everyone's sister, people were ready to burn their houses down. I just want to know if I'm still supposed to be mad or not?

It's amazing how the tone of this board changes after a win. If we get waxed on Sunday this place will be right back to lanterns and pitchforks. 

As for me, I've always wanted to see how the season as a whole plays out before staking out a position on this topic. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say winning fixes everything, but it does manage to take all the negative attention away from the units that struggle. Do I still wish we had a better D-cooridnator and a better O-0line coach? Without question, but usually after a loss theres a lot more to talk about than the negatives, and that's what you are seeing this week.
Reply/Quote
No. The Jags are a bad D line. As for Lou, once again points in the last two minutes. This time they had 56 seconds, no timeouts and got to the one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm not overly stoked about the Jags win because we should have beat Philly. We should have beat Chargers. I'm not going to throw stones at Lou, but Turner? Specially the way he defended Hart? Yeah, screw him. He's not the guy who's going to help us improve. OL is an area we will have to address ferociously when we get the chance because Burrow is the type of QB that can take us all the way with the right support system. But he can't do it on his own.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No. The Jags are a bad D line. As for Lou, once again points in the last two minutes. This time they had 56 seconds, no timeouts and got to the one.

Points in the last two minutes has being going on since the end of Marvin’s tenure and the offensive line was bad under Alexander and Pollack. I don’t think Lou’s a good coach but I feel like a lot our problems have to do with bad drafts and lack of talent.
Reply/Quote
I’m still not with the exception of Turner.

He cut Redmond who is better than Price, still won’t admit that Bobby shart is really bad at identifying who he needs to block (watch QB school about burrow becoming nfl burrow) and age shouldn’t be a factor in his technique and skills. He’s been in the league for too damn long he is what he is and he isn’t a starting nfl right tackle.

As for Lou, he has a young core of players and has a real problem with injuries. They still get gashed in the run but all things considered they have played well enough to be better than there record.

Zac hasn’t had a good start to his coaching career, but as for this year, he has called some really good plays to beat defenses. I think the line is holding them back as well as a few receivers not playing up to par.

The team is better than last year, but I feel like fans are still expecting a bit too much from a team that still is lacking talent.
Reply/Quote
Funny how everyone's bringing up the points in the last 2 minutes; they showed a graphic on Sunday and we are (were, rather) actually **4th* worst.

Yes, just like the oline, there are other teams worse than us in the last 2 minutes of a half.

Not saying things don't have to change, but this shows that it's a league-wide problem and few teams have it figured out.

We just need to figure it out first...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote