Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still haven't seen Burrow's ceiling yet
That is what has me most excited for final 6 games. We are only getting a Burrow right now of 70 percent of what he eventually is capable of.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That is what has me most excited for final 6 games. We are only getting a Burrow right now of 70 percent of what he eventually is capable of.

Why do you say he's only 70%?
Are you saying this because he knee isn't fully healed?
Or is it because of his familiarity with the offense?
Or something else?

70% just seems arbitrary to me, so I'm trying to understand how that number was picked.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you say he's only 70%?

Experience coming off injury usually it takes 3 years for QB's to fully develop. Haven't seen a game yet where he puts it all together. With his intelligence and field vision being his greatest attribute he needs experience more than most.
Reply/Quote
Year 3 isn’t even a ceiling. Usually by year 3 you can tell if you have a career backup/starter/pro bowler/etc but even then guys get better. People are never a finished product. Tom Brady was good in year 3 but he continued to get better for several years. Slightly over one full season of play from Burrow, we have no idea what his ceiling will be, but it will be fun to watch as long as he stays off the stretcher
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you say he's only 70%?
Are you saying this because he knee isn't fully healed?
Or is it because of his familiarity with the offense?
Or something else?

70% just seems arbitrary to me, so I'm trying to understand how that number was picked.

When rating Quarterbacks, the number to be used is 70. Thou shalt rate at 70 and 70 is the number that shalt be rated. Thou shalt not rate to 71, not should you rate to 69, unless of course rating on to 70.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When rating Quarterbacks, the number to be used is 70. Thou shalt rate at 70 and 70 is the number that shalt be rated. Thou shalt not rate to 71, not should you rate to 69, unless of course rating on to 70.

72 is right out...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:38 PM)SladeX Wrote: 72 is right out...

I don't know, he looks a lot more like 75 in my opinion!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 02:38 PM)SladeX Wrote: 72 is right out...

It’s just a little rabbit…
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 03:35 PM)tBengal Wrote: It’s just a little rabbit…

He's got fangs!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Was Chicago the floor?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 01:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: With his intelligence and field vision being his greatest attribute he needs experience more than most.

Actually if intelligence was his strength he would need LESS time than most.

I agree Burrow still has some room to grow but he is WAY over 70%.
Reply/Quote
Most guys usually hit their prime within 3 seasons in the NFL, so while he didn't have a full year last year he still had the meetings and such. I am probably going to guess that by the end of next season we will have a pretty good idea of what he is and will be.
Reply/Quote
I'd put Burrow more at around 90%
I don't see there being a ton of room for improvement over what he does now.
If he had as many passing attempts like Herbert has, I think he'd be Top 5 in nearly every stat.
I think he's already fully back from his injury. He doesn't seem to shy away from contact now and he's becoming more willing to run and get physical like he was pre-injury.
Burrow came into the league as one of, if not the most, NFL-ready QB in the 2020 draft class.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 03:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He's got fangs!

Right, one rabbit stew coming right up........
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd put Burrow more at around 90%
I don't see there being a ton of room for improvement over what he does now.
If he had as many passing attempts like Herbert has, I think he'd be Top 5 in nearly every stat.
I think he's already fully back from his injury. He doesn't seem to shy away from contact now and he's becoming more willing to run and get physical like he was pre-injury.
Burrow came into the league as one of, if not the most, NFL-ready QB in the 2020 draft class
The 70 percent is pocket awareness he could improve takes way too many sacks. Some of the Int he wont be making because unlike someone like Jameis or Favre he will eventually get that under control as well. I still think their is room for growth inside the redzone and overall completion% also . He is already top 12. His floor is a better version of Baker. His ceiling could be best QB in the game.
Reply/Quote
ummm... agree to disagree.

It's over 9000!
Reply/Quote
actually i havent seen any part of his house is it nice?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 05:44 PM)motoarch Wrote: ummm... agree to disagree.

It's over 9000!

Idk if this a reference to DBZ power levels, but if it is I approve.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The 70 percent is pocket awareness he could improve takes way too many sacks. Some of the Int he wont be making because unlike someone like Jameis or Favre he will eventually get that under control as well. I still think their is room for growth inside the redzone and overall completion% also . He is already top 12. His floor is a better version of Baker. His ceiling could be best QB in the game.

I guess I associate percentage to how much better stat-wise he could go.
I don't see him having 30% more production at his ceiling than where he is right now.
He's currently averaging 258 YPG, so if that's 70%, he'd average 368 YPG with the number of attempts.
The QB with the highest YPG is Carr with 310 YPG this season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This thread is when you're like a pre-adolescent and you give random numbers/metrics to things that are constructed in your own head, without anything on the planet to substantiate it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote