Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Seahawks***
It was a incomplete pass and then a helmet to helmet hit on Dalton. We should have gotten 15 yards.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:23 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: gonna be a long season running for 20 yards a game

With any semblance of a running game today Cincinnati would have blown the Seahawks out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:19 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Hahahahahaha, Dalton is so much garbage. We will NEVER win ANYTHING as long as his trash is on this 
He's a Marvin guy. What did u expect?
Reply/Quote
(Sigh) Sad
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: What an absolute horseshit call any other team and that's an incomplete pass

That's what happens when the final call comes from the league office. Too much central control allows them to dictate the out come of every game. FWIW I dont believe even if it had went our way we had enough time to do anything.

The only real gripe I have with how they played wasnt with the players, but with ZT. When it came to getting the plays called it seemed like ML was still running the show. 2 early TO and a delay of game in the first half and another wasted TO in the second.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Sucks to lose, but what a good game overall.

Yep. Much better outcome than many predicted. Gotta take advantage though, even on the road in a tough stadium. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: trolls be a trollin

Yeah, I'm a "troll" because I want the trash on this team taken out so that maybe we can start winning. This team has never won anything with Dalton. He turned the ball over TWICE in this game, including once in the redzone and once to lose the game. Any other QB and we win today. This team isn't good enough to carry a loser like Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: And the Browns will still be much higher up than the Bengals because of Baker and OBJ, even though they were a disaster at home today lmao.

Oh yeah...they've already won the superbowl or haven't you been paying attention to the hype? Hype always wins before the season starts.. right? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: One of the worst calls I’ve seen in some time

Tje saints say hello
Reply/Quote
This game was lost with the Bullock miss, the Dalton INT in scoring position, and Kirkpatrick with the 15 yard personal foul for first down aaand the whiffed tackle which setup a SEA touchdown.
Reply/Quote
Well at least we beat the spread by a large margin and didn't get absolutely destroyed by the Titans like the on paper NFL champs. So we have that. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It just goes to show you how much the NFL and officials hate Cincinnati. Regardless if the Bengals get the ball back you are talking about a very very low percentage chance of them scoring...yet they rule on the field a bad call in real-time and than further cement the case that the NFL hates the Bengals by confirming the call on the field...the Officials expert says it was an incomplete pass and so did the people displaying the graphics.

The NFL is no better than WWE. For entertainment and completely scripted to benefit big market teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a "troll" because I want the trash on this team taken out so that maybe we can start winning. This team has never won anything with Dalton. He turned the ball over TWICE in this game, including once in the redzone and once to lose the game. Any other QB and we win today. This team isn't good enough to carry a loser like Dalton.

Tell that to Baker who threw more passes to the opposing team than his own. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a "troll" because I want the trash on this team taken out so that maybe we can start winning. This team has never won anything with Dalton. He turned the ball over TWICE in this game, including once in the redzone and once to lose the game. Any other QB and we win today. This team isn't good enough to carry a loser like Dalton.

I would say nice knowing you after the ban, but it's rather a pathetic way to go out.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Really encouraged by several things. D for the most part was outstanding.

Yes, the Defense was better than i expected this early and in Seattle in the first game with a new young HC?

Lots to be encouraged about.

Predicted a 1 point loss but this was even better as far as the way everyone played. Outplayed the Seahawks...

Too bad we couldn't pull it out. The Carson run late hurt us badly.
Reply/Quote
The missed FG and Daltons slip kept us from getting the win. No thanks to the rain. Andre Smith got handled at costly moments and that hurt bad too.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They're 15-0 in September homes games. They haven't lost a home opener since the Eisenhower administration. The odds were stacked against us from the get-go, and they dam-near pulled it off.

We're on to San Francisco.

Actually they list a home opener in 08 but still we played good enough to win and win big and we failed. A lot of positives coming from this game unlike years past where a Marvin led team just seemed unprepared and undisciplined. So that’s encouraging I just don’t see this team going anywhere with Dalton. He’s what a 9 year vet who still makes nine headed decisions and rarely if at all extends plays or makes anything positive happen when under pressure. His past playoff performances is exactly what we will see from him even if we somehow make a playoff run.
Reply/Quote
Calls went both ways . I’m definitely more optimistic about the season. We were put in multiple positions to win. Complainer will complain.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Feel way better about that loss than I did under many wins last year under Marv. They play with fire, made plenty of mistakes. Seattle is 14-0 in september under Carroll.

Sorry, but this is downright stupid.

Reply/Quote
Some really good things to look forward to.. A. Ross if he can learn to keep hold of balls and B. Hubbard. He's becoming a real force on defense.. 

Reply/Quote