Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Seahawks***
(09-08-2019, 08:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Sure there was you can blame it on the rain and wet Ball but it was still an interception

Check the stat line - fumble not INT. A wet ball in a driving rain slipped. It happens. Unlike the past though the team did not implode after it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:32 PM)treee Wrote: So are we supposed to mark it as a coincidence that Andy's first 400 yard game is also his first game without Marvin Lewis?

Maybe Marvin knew we couldn’t win letting Andy throw it 40 times?? I dunno.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Actually they list a home opener in 08 but still we played good enough to win and win big and we failed. A lot of positives coming from this game unlike years past where a Marvin led team just seemed unprepared and undisciplined. So that’s encouraging I just don’t see this team going anywhere with Dalton. He’s what a 9 year vet who still makes nine headed decisions and rarely if at all extends plays or makes anything positive happen when under pressure. His past playoff performances is exactly what we will see from him even if we somehow make a playoff run.

Terry Eisenhower, mayor of Grand Bison Poop, Wyoming (2007-2009)  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Sure there was you can blame it on the rain and wet Ball but it was still an interception

Except it wasn't. It was ruled a fumble.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry, but this is downright stupid.

Not completely stupid. I would agree with his comment. This team looked prepared and ready to play. Great scheme. I like that Taylor went pass heavy when it was clear we could not run the ball whereas Marvin would have forced the run. Came down to fluke slipped ball and a missed FG. Gotta feel good looking forward to the next matchup.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a "troll" because I want the trash on this team taken out so that maybe we can start winning. This team has never won anything with Dalton. He turned the ball over TWICE in this game, including once in the redzone and once to lose the game. Any other QB and we win today. This team isn't good enough to carry a loser like Dalton.
Driscol wouldve totally won us the game today...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton sets personal and franchise records for passing - on the road - with zero run game - and people are bashing Dalton.

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

We weren't even in this game if not for Dalton.

If Andy had a bad game, aka Bad Andy, Seattle would have eventually blown them out.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He played well except for being clutch when it matters.   Oh well now let’s celebrate his record breaking game

Look, i asked a question in JN a while back and got Fred all riled up (as well as a couple others) and i've ridden Dalton's ass plenty (not in a sexual way), but i'm not going to put much of any blame on him today--as much as a few plays had me pulling on my hair--because, despite those couple plays, he was out there throwing balls all over the yard. 

He gave a massive effort. Maybe another QB on the roster could have done better today...maybe not. 

I put a lot of blame on the last drive on coaching for not calling more designed rollouts or for getting away from the innovation and going back to the standard drop back and look down field--as well as a little blame on Dalton for not rolling out. 

I saw enough promising things to come back next week and look for a win, followed by a few more wins. As long as they stay healthy, they should compete every week. 

If a couple more early games go this way...then i start thinking about giving another QB a chance to see what he can do.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sorry, but this is downright stupid.

Great elaboration there. The Colts won last year where we were man handled and won on a last second turnover? The Bucs game where we had 5 picks and still BARELY won. Yeah it's not stupid. 
Reply/Quote

Nope.  It was a fumble.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe Marvin knew we couldn’t win letting Andy throw it 40 times?? I dunno.

Was our only chance. Clearly couldn’t run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton sets personal and franchise records for passing - on the road - with zero run game - and people are bashing Dalton.

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

We weren't even in this game if not for Dalton.

Anyone who bashing Andy after this game loses any benefit of objectivity 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe Marvin knew we couldn’t win letting Andy throw it 40 times?? I dunno.

Yeah...there's NO WAY we can sustain this all year.

The problem is I think they know the line can't run block.

Teams will adjust on us and go 5-6 DB's and take this stuff away.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Check the stat line - fumble not INT. A wet ball in a driving rain slipped. It happens. Unlike the past though the team did not implode after it. 

My bad the game app on my phone listed it as an interception
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:36 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Driscol wouldve totally won us the game today...

Do you mean Jeff Driskel?  He shouldn't even be in the NFL.  He was horrible against backups in preseason.
Reply/Quote
Someone get Dalton a pair of elevator shoes, then maybe he won't have 10 balls batted down a game.

Never seen anything like it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:37 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Was our only chance. Clearly couldn’t run the ball.

I completely get it and I’m glad we have a coach that dosent run the ball just cause everyone thinks you should. My problem is with Dalton, not the game plan. I’m just saying he’s not the QB that’s going to take this team to a SB and everyone knows it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:36 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Not completely stupid. I would agree with his comment. This team looked prepared and ready to play. Great scheme. I like that Taylor went pass heavy when it was clear we could not run the ball whereas Marvin would have forced the run. Came down to fluke slipped ball and a missed FG. Gotta feel good looking forward to the next matchup.

3 2nd half points.

We had a 4th and 1 where we ran it when we couldn't run all day. There were strategy errors in playcalling at times.

On the slipped ball, he had a defender coming towards him...and I think he rushed and it slopped.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Do you mean Jeff Driskel?  He shouldn't even be in the NFL.  He was horrible against backups in preseason.
It was sarcasm lol. Dont know how to do the emojis on mobile unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look, i asked a question in JN a while back and got Fred all riled up (as well as a couple others) and i've ridden Dalton's ass plenty (not in a sexual way), but i'm not going to put much of any blame on him today--as much as a few plays had me pulling on my hair--because, despite those couple plays, he was out there throwing balls all over the yard. 

He gave a massive effort. Maybe another QB on the roster could have done better today...maybe not. 

I put a lot of blame on the last drive on coaching for not calling more designed rollouts or for getting away from the innovation and going back to the standard drop back and look down field--as well as a little blame on Dalton for not rolling out. 

I saw enough promising things to come back next week and look for a win, followed by a few more wins. As long as they stay healthy, they should compete every week. 

If a couple more early games go this way...then i start thinking about giving another QB a chance to see what he can do.

No doubt IF you have an Aaron Rodgers level QB on the roster, they will do better. But, we don't have that. And...they're REALLY hard to get.

Honestly, I'm not sure Tua or Herbert would be better than Dalton either.
Reply/Quote