Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Seahawks***
We had 429 yards on offense to Seattle's 230. We lost due to turnover differential.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:40 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: It was sarcasm lol. Dont know how to do the emojis on mobile unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One thing no one is mentioning.. giving up at TD before the half on an emotional personal foul on 3rd down. That 7 points swings the game...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had 429 yards on offense to Seattle's 230. We lost due to turnover differential.

We still did better than I thought we would on the road in Seattle.  I saw a lot of positives.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:42 PM)BoBengal Wrote: One thing no one is mentioning.. giving up at TD before the half on an emotional personal foul on 3rd down.  That 7 points swings the game...

Channeling his inner pac man... Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:42 PM)BoBengal Wrote: One thing no one is mentioning.. giving up at TD before the half on an emotional personal foul on 3rd down.  That 7 points swings the game...

It sure did. Complete boneheaded selfish play.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: See, Caped Crusader (and the other Dalton super fans), this is why I take offense to being lumped in with the “haters”

Noted on the record for future reference. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Lou has this D coached up big time.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anyone who bashing Andy after this game loses any benefit of objectivity 

He has games where he really holds no responsibility for the loss but this one isn’t it. Dalton has below league average ability to extend plays after the line breaks down, he has a WEAK arm and cannot make plays down the field on the run and in the playoffs you NEED that ability if you don’t have immense pocket presence. He also gets clutch passes batted down because of his size. That’s not his fault but it hurts him. He is what we think he is. A good QB with no ability to win tough games
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:25 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Yeah, I'm a "troll" because I want the trash on this team taken out so that maybe we can start winning. This team has never won anything with Dalton. He turned the ball over TWICE in this game, including once in the redzone and once to lose the game. Any other QB and we win today. This team isn't good enough to carry a loser like Dalton.

No...you're a troll because of the trolling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had 429 yards on offense to Seattle's 230. We lost due to turnover differential.

Yes this is very encouraging
Reply/Quote

I remember in the 90's and in the 2000's I'd be all psyched for the season. Then, we'd play a better team like the Titans/Oilers or someone.

We'd generally outplay them, lead most of the game...then lose in the 4th quarter.

This game just had that feel to it. One Seattle would win. Because that's what they do...they win close games.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:44 PM)Rattler Wrote: Channeling his inner pac man... Bang Head

That’s Swagger for ya! Hate that guy. Shitty way to lose but a very unexpected performance. Interested to see what happens from here but it seems ZT has been able to get more out of the same players than Marvin ever could have.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:39 PM)Rattler Wrote: Someone get Dalton a pair of elevator shoes, then maybe he won't have 10 balls batted down a game.

Never seen anything like it.

Happens at least a couple times a game. He's not overly tall for a QB (6'2") and has a quick compact motion which lowers the release point even further. 
Reply/Quote
Another positive Mixon injury doesn't appear serious should play next week
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:44 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It sure did. Complete boneheaded selfish play.
How about the tackle "attempt"  on the Carson TD?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
While our defense played well, Wilson had a 134.6 passer rating.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:36 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Not completely stupid. I would agree with his comment. This team looked prepared and ready to play. Great scheme. I like that Taylor went pass heavy when it was clear we could not run the ball whereas Marvin would have forced the run. Came down to fluke slipped ball and a missed FG. Gotta feel good looking forward to the next matchup.

Nah, it’s stupid. They don’t ask how when it comes to wins, just how many.

Reply/Quote
Interestingly, Seattle had a terrible run defense last year. We came out and decided to attack them through the air and struggled on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: While our defense played well, Wilson had a 134.6 passer rating.

A.  He's Russell Wilson.  It's what he does.  He's great, whether he gets the recognition he deserves or not.

B.  He didn't turn the ball over.

Reply/Quote