Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-18-2018, 06:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When I typed that JAX picked Ben in the EZ. After I finished they called it back - penalty on Jax.

I’m going to go shoot myself in the balls.

You're nuts!

or is it

Your nuts!!!!!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When I typed that JAX picked Ben in the EZ. After I finished they called it back - penalty on Jax.

I’m going to go shoot myself in the balls.

I wish I hadnt seen your post because I got a little excited to see they lost.  Until I tuned in online and saw them call a penalty.  
Reply/Quote
This team needs to be blown up. They need O-line and linebackers so bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:15 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He wasn't? Huh....coulda fooled me.  Mellow

No, he hasn't, and is why I wanted his ass canned. But here we are, he's got position on a DB, ball hits him right in the goddamned hands, and people blame the QB. Laughable.

Yes that one particular play was Core’s fault, but Andy wasn’t great today. Barely made half his throws (19/36). He deserves SOME of the blame.

You just know Jackson hits Uzo on that 3rd down play. I don’t know where the Dalton who was throwing so well on the move earlier in the season has gone.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should have changed it then. What are they going to do bench him? He’s an 8th year veteran QB he should be able to make that call.

**** this team.

You're assuming that in Marvin world the QB is allowed to change the play at the line. With both Carson and Andy we have seen the opposite - the QB just runs whatever is sent in. It is also why the offense has tempo problems - they have actually gotten hit for delay go game before waiting for plays to come in from the sideline. 
Reply/Quote
Of all the losses the Bengals could take, why this one? That game was lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Aside from colerain winning friday, it was a pretty piss poor football weekend for me. Bengals lose, steelers win and the buckeyes win. Ugh
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Some of players were probably confused because they didn’t realize Core was still on the team

They thought Mixon was in, but he had to pull his uni out of the dryer so it was still damp.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes that one particular play was Core’s fault, but Andy wasn’t great today. Barely made half his throws (19/36).  He deserves SOME of the blame.

You just know Jackson hits Uzo on that 3rd down play. I don’t know where the Dalton who was throwing so well on the move earlier in the season has gone.

He was one of the only lights on offense...

He had 29 yards rushing. 

Mixon and Gio had 19 total. 

We were one dimensional..throwing into some of the best blitz zone schemes in the NFL... Without our best offensive player. 

He didn't turn the ball and we had an opportunity to win. Core dropped the ball. He was open. It was the right read. Wrong personnel. 

Blame the defense for giving up 250 on the ground. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Really!!! We gave up over 100 yards each on the ground by a QB and a nobody RB. I know we didn't look as bad as the NO game but do you think other teams would look this bad against this Balt team with Jackson starting. This team will always be a joke as long as Marvin is here. What good does looking better do if you still lose.

Yup. They should have just forced them to throw....they didn't, they lost. Jackson didn't look that great throwing to me....we played right into his strength. Inexcusable. Cody Core's usual soul crushing drop should have never been a factor because your defense should have contained a raw prospect's first start.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This team will not win many games with the defense spending 36+ minutes on the field, among many reasons. Bengals are just not a very good team. Period.

Now, some of the problems can possibly be worked out during the rest of the season, but not much will improve until we get several better players. Especially linebackers and offensive tackles and guards.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:08 PM)N_B Wrote: How was it not a bad call?  Has core caught a ball this year?

And Mixon on the bench.  I just can’t believe how poor Lazor called that series

It wasnt a bad call because I dont think they would think we would go to him. Although, that drop pretty much sealed his fate. As for Mixon on the bench? That's not a good call.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Side note: Does anyone else hate the new layout over at NFL.com? I can no longer find a nice "summary" of the game... total yards, etc.

Me. I liked it as it was. I don’t like the new design either.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: You're assuming that in Marvin world the QB is allowed to change the play at the line. With both Carson and Andy we have seen the opposite - the QB just runs whatever is sent in. It is also why the offense has tempo problems - they have actually gotten hit for delay go game before waiting for plays to come in from the sideline. 

Again, what is Marvin going to do if Andy changes the play? Start Driskell? Not a chance.

Reply/Quote
Screen game to Mixon there would have netted them the first down and more. Whatever. When there is a wrong decision to be made this coaching staff usually makes it.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Hue called that play...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:25 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Screen game to Mixon there would have netted them the first down and more.  Whatever.  When there is a wrong decision to be made this coaching staff usually makes it.

Yep. I would have had Mixon out from the backfield. Look like an actual pass play, with possibly a downfield tight end pick to get him the ball. 

Him being out is inexcusable 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Bengals D gave up 403 yards of total offense.
Baby steps, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He was one of the only lights on offense...

He had 29 yards rushing. 

Mixon and Gio had 19 total. 

We were one dimensional..throwing into some of the best blitz zone schemes in the NFL... Without our best offensive player. 

He didn't turn the ball and we had an opportunity to win. Core dropped the ball. He was open. It was the right read. Wrong personnel. 

Blame the defense for giving up 250 on the ground. 
Plenty of blame to go around. And our QB deserves his share. But some of you are incapable of ever admitting that.

For the record Lazor gets my vote.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:27 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Yep. I would have had Mixon out from the backfield. Look like an actual pass play, with possibly a downfield tight end pick to get him the ball. 

Him being out is inexcusable 

It feels almost like the coaches don't want the offense to get into a rhythm. Why else the continual switching players in and out which only keeps them from getting into a rhythm? Why the lack of uptempo? Why is nothing tried to help the issues? 
Reply/Quote