Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(11-18-2018, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of blame to go around. And our QB deserves his share. But some of you are incapable of ever admitting that.

For the record Lazor gets my vote.

I blamed Dalton plenty. 

Now isn't the time. 

He didn't do much, if anything bad. Wrong!? Maybe. He gave us two opportunities to win. Bullock missed. Core dropped a wide open pass. 

Some of you are equally incapable of admitting otherwise... Even with fact hitting you dead in the chest. 

By the way, Baltimore is ranked one on defense. Two in passing. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes that one particular play was Core’s fault, but Andy wasn’t great today. Barely made half his throws (19/36).  He deserves SOME of the blame.

You just know Jackson hits Uzo on that 3rd down play. I don’t know where the Dalton who was throwing so well on the move earlier in the season has gone.

Yep, I saw him miss some for sure...but that was on the money. He threw some good balls too....got the ball out quickly against the blitz....no run game, no AJ, and defense making some scrub out of RUTGERS and a rookie look like Earl Campbell and Walter Payton were our biggest issues today.

It was close, tight coverage, on the move avoiding pressure. Maybe someone other that Uzo gets his feet down.  

Pig Shit plays like shit all day long and yet, somehow, the Stoolers holds Jax and comes back to win. We don't do those things 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:23 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: This team will not win many games with the defense spending 36+ minutes on the field, among many reasons. Bengals are just not a very good team. Period.

Now, some of the problems can possibly be worked out during the rest of the season, but not much will improve until we get several better players. Especially linebackers and offensive tackles and guards.

Nailed it.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe Hue called that play...

Nah.  Hue likes RBs.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should have changed it then. What are they going to do bench him? He’s an 8th year veteran QB he should be able to make that call.

**** this team.

Carson didn't have that freedom either. I wish Dalton would just assert himself, but he's a company guy just like Carson was...until Carson asked for a trade. At this point, I wish Dalton would too. He deserves a better coach and a fan base that might actually appreciate him.

(11-18-2018, 06:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Side note:  Does anyone else hate the new layout over at NFL.com?  I can no longer find a nice "summary" of the game... total yards, etc.

Use CBSsports.com 

Much better layout.

(11-18-2018, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes that one particular play was Core’s fault, but Andy wasn’t great today. Barely made half his throws (19/36).  He deserves SOME of the blame.

You just know Jackson hits Uzo on that 3rd down play. I don’t know where the Dalton who was throwing so well on the move earlier in the season has gone.

Dalton had a good game considering the circumstances. 2 TDs, 0 turnovers, 89.0 passer rating, led team in rushing.

We gave up 268 yards rushing and 23 first downs.
Mixon/Gio combined for 19 yards on 14 carries. 

When you have multiple injuries to top receivers (Green, Eifert, Kroft) and your run game gets stuffed, you're being unreasonable to expect a better game than Dalton just had. He gave us a fighting chance despite it all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm relieved it's over. This team could easily be 0-10. No dominant wins.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t buy Marvin Lewis or Bill Lazor a plane ticket home.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Side note:  Does anyone else hate the new layout over at NFL.com?  I can no longer find a nice "summary" of the game... total yards, etc.

Yeah they totally messed up their website.  It takes a long time to load and the game stats are harder to read.  I liked the old side by side comparison.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely on Core, but if Andy hits Uzo the play before it doesn’t matter. He was mediocre today. Some good throws, but too many bad.

The best play of the game was the play that never happened. Think it was just before half when in the red zone our veteran leader Dalton waves Mixon back inside when there is no defensive player even on that side of the field. That's just priceless. I would like to see any other 8 year starting QB top that. Way to read that Defense Andy...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Carson didn't have that freedom either. I wish Dalton would just assert himself, but he's a company guy just like Carson was...until Carson asked for a trade. At this point, I wish Dalton would too. He deserves a better coach and a fan base that might actually appreciate him.

Use CBSsports.com 

Much better layout.

Dalton had a good game considering the circumstances. 2 TDs, 0 turnovers, 89.0 passer rating, led team in rushing.

We gave up 268 yards rushing and 23 first downs.
Mixon/Gio combined for 19 yards on 14 carries. 

When you have multiple injuries to top receivers (Green, Eifert, Kroft) and your run game gets stuffed, you're being unreasonable to expect a better game than Dalton just had. He gave us a fighting chance despite it all.

He led the team in rushing? That's pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t buy Marvin Lewis or Bill Lazor a plane ticket home.

I would've fired the whole staff after the Chiefs debacle and again after the Saints debacle. 

What a clown show. Marv sliding over to DC and letting Hue audition for his next gig. Smh what a mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: He led the team in rushing? That's pathetic.

Yep.

Dalton - 2 carries for 29 yards
Gio/Mixon - 14 carries for 19 yards

Sick
Reply/Quote
Just blow it up. Start over. This isn’t working.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep.

Dalton - 2 carries for 29 yards
Gio/Mixon - 14 carries for 19 yards

Sick

Rant
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Just blow it up. Start over.  This isn’t working.

Hey, Fan in K.!

Don't see you around as much, it seems!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Don't understand how much of a difference Mixon would have made on that final play considering he and Bernard did nothing the whole game. Where is all the Mixon/Bernard sucks post. I think Mixon is the most over hyped player we've had for some time now. The guy has done nothing but for some reason he's already "Great" just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hey, Fan in K.!

Don't see you around as much, it seems!

Oh, I’m here but I’m too disgusted to make as many comments as usual. I was totally and completely wrong about Marvin Lewis taking over the defense. I truly thought it would work but it failed spectacularly.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh, I’m here but I’m too disgusted to make as many comments as usual.  I was totally and completely wrong about Marvin Lewis taking over the defense. I truly thought it would work but it failed spectacularly.

I hear ya. We are waist deep in the depths of mediocrity this season with no hope in sight, IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think the Bengals are a playoff caliber team anyway to be honest.  Probably best to play out the season and hope for improvements next year instead of another disappointing first round playoff loss.

I haven’t thought they’re a playoff team all year. My comment was to all those who’ve been thinking they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Don't understand how much of a difference Mixon would have made on that final play considering he and Bernard did nothing the whole game. Where is all the Mixon/Bernard sucks post. I think Mixon is the most over hyped player we've had for some time now. The guy has done nothing but for some reason he's already "Great" just don't get it.

Mixon was a top 5 RB in the league coming into today...

Reply/Quote