Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Washington***
The really sad part is that ownership will use Burrow’s injury as an excuse for the coming 2-13-1 record and will keep the coaching staff intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals, rebuildin' since da esiason supa bowl

The most important rebuild needs to happen in the front office...but we all know that's not going to happen. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:54 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I have to blame a lot on Zac Taylor, I was really not happy about his excuse for leaving Burrow in the Steelers game.

I think he knows that his lease was getting extremely short and he put this franchises future in jeopardy for himself.

Joe Burrow wanted to play here, I've listened to Jordan Palmer multiple times say he wanted to come here. He wanted to play for this team and change the culture.

He wanted to help Ohio out, he wanted to donate millions of dollars to help those less fortunate then himself, he wanted to help bring us a Super Bowl. He's a great kid! He's a competitor, he has fire in him like a Brady.

I compared him almost immediately to Greg Cook after his game against Florida and when we drafted him I said may God bless him that he never has to experience anything like Greg Cook.

Hopefully, it's nothing major, but it doesn't look good. I know he'll try everything in his power to come back, it's the type of kid he his. He has that Tim Krumrie passion in him.

If anybody is arguing against fans that feel like they want to quit or has animosity against this franchise right now.....well in the words of great Sam Wyche point them out and call them out cause you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati.

Although, today it certainly feels like we live in Cleveland.

Let's hope and pray for the best and if you have any love at all for Burrow. Then let the Zac Taylor onslaught begin.

Nothing like testing your fire early on in your career. No way he's giving up, it could even in an odd way drive him to be one of the best ever way down the line. He was/is definitely a good one and I think his brain will carry him far.
Reply/Quote
I actually had this photo I used about Burrow and this team. Was foreshadowing. Knew he'd be on a cart sooner or later.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lol. This team is so bad. Burrow 100% reason we haven't been blown out every game.

Only clowns like Essex don’t know that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If we had real ownership and a GM, now is the time to jettison everyone and start from scratch. You got a minimum 5 year rebuild coming. Start building your lines now and look to draft a QB #1 in year 3 or 4.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson disagree.

Things have changed at NCSU since the Rivers and Wilson days.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:46 PM)Tomkat Wrote: But, that takes time and effort.  Something I could recognize and stop myself from doing.
Logging in is too easy... especially with a saved password.

Then just start calling everyone names and generally acting like an ass. 

Banhammer. Problem solved.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well.... if the front office doesn’t understand the importance of the offensive line after this, they never will

Want to place a bet?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well.... if the front office doesn’t understand the importance of the offensive line after this, they never will

They’ll just draft a more mobile quarterback and think this will solve the problem.
Reply/Quote
I vote that we should just have every thread from here on out be a post game thread with the bengals losing
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It's a rebuild team not a dead weight team..

I said dead-weight franchise.  Unless we rebuild our front office I don't see much changing.  Since MB took over we had a former MVP QB in Boomer stop winning a demand a trade, we had an overachieving 2nd round QB in Dalton hit a very noticeable ceiling every year, and we've watched 2 1st overall pick Heisman-winning QBs get carted off during some heroic attempts.

It's just a bummer that we've managed to avoid QB hell that many other franchises go through and yet we haven't done a whole lot in 30 years. 
Reply/Quote

They never will Duke and company literally cost us a title by not signing Whitworth and Zeitler in 17. Honestly there is no hope as long as Duke runs this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Folks wondering about joe's future and his mobility.

Remember DeShaun Watson tore his ACL his rookie year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Green next to Tee on the bench was a checked out football team.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: anybody else sad

NOpe. Pissed off that Mike Brown is still alive and ***** this franchise up, year after year. 

He's already outlived his dad by 3 years and counting.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
it is confirmed that Joe is lost for the season...by Joe

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks for all the love. Can’t get rid of me that easy. See ya next year</p>&mdash; Joey Burrow (@JoeyB) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/1330616204172681222?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This the least intense NFL game I think I’ve ever seen

Also, Finley is showing great patience in the pocket. Go ahead and hold the ball for 10-20 seconds back there and don’t rush it...
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks for all the love. Can’t get rid of me that easy. See ya next year</p>&mdash; Joey Burrow (@JoeyB) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/1330616204172681222?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2020</a></blockquote>
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only clowns like Essex don’t know that.

There's other who have been hating on Burrow.
Reply/Quote