Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Broncos @ Bengals***
Spend that valuable clock time in the huddle.. Classic Marvin ball.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I posted that based on the real time view before the replay.  Calm down hero.

Well watch the whole play before you post then HERO!!
Reply/Quote
Both of the hits to the receivers should have been called because the refs are supposed to err on the side of caution. At full speed, Williams looked like he led with helmet and hit that way. But same for the hit on Boyd.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Driskel plays like a whole hoe in the pocket Jesus Christ
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The penalty called does not have to involve the helmet. The commentator is wrong and is providing misinformation to fans. When a WR is in the "defenseless" designation, it is called unnecessary contact, which means it's in the way the DB hits the "defenseless" player, not with a certain part of the body to a certain part of the body. Basically the NFL is saying Williams does not have to come flying in with full force to break up that pas or tackle Sanders.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

...and why wasn’t Boyd a defenseless receiver? The defender left his feet and launched himself into the neck and head area.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:54 PM)Housh Wrote: Driskel plays like a whole hoe in the pocket Jesus Christ

Is that good or bad?  Should he play like 5/8ths of a hoe, or something?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:54 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Well watch the whole play before you post then HERO!!

So many heroes in this forum instead of on the field - get signed!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The penalty called does not have to involve the helmet. The commentator is wrong and is providing misinformation to fans. When a WR is in the "defenseless" designation, it is called unnecessary contact, which means it's in the way the DB hits the "defenseless" player, not with a certain part of the body to a certain part of the body. Basically the NFL is saying Williams does not have to come flying in with full force to break up that pas or tackle Sanders.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

Well then someone needs to explain the non call on the Boyd hit if you are saying it’s not which part of the body that you hit. Which I think you are wrong about
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that good or bad?  Should he play like 5/8ths of a hoe, or something?

What does the saying a whole hoe in the pocket mean? I can't even imagine, and I'm a gardener lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I doubt employers will be forced to offer employees insurance by 2020.

They have to be covered on the job, and insurance companies are going to rape them for the fact they will be saying we aren't going to outlaw hits that are dangerous and have been proven to cause long term problems for the participants.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:53 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: So complete bullshit is the call then?

No, the NFL made this change in 2014, I believe. It's their way of trying to make the game safer and the players still haven't stopped doing it. The old "hit them so hard you separate the ball from the WR" isn't legal anymore. There is no way a defender can "blow-up" a WR, until they become a runner, so players have to stop ***** doing it or they will get penalized and fined. It does not have to involve the helmet/head of either player in anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then someone needs to explain the non call on the Boyd hit if you are saying it’s not which part of the body that you hit. Which I think you are wrong a lot.

No, that is why they dont want replay. NFL loves the judgement calls so they can do what they want.
Reply/Quote
Colts lost 6-0 at Jacksonviile, if only the Bengals could have won this game
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:54 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Well watch the whole play before you post then HERO!!

Was I off on that post sure but I'll post when I choose thanks.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick’s yellow shoes have been making me think there have been even more bad calls than there have been.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
It was an absolute text book hit by Shawn Williams. It was Shoulder pad to opposing pads with his head shifted to the side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They have to be covered on the job, and insurance companies are going to rape them for the fact they will be saying we aren't going to outlaw hits that are dangerous and have been proven to cause long term problems for the participants.

Can't we just get rid of insurance then?  I wanna see people get paralyzed like the good ol' days.  
Reply/Quote
attendance 44,392..probably fewer actual bodies in the seats

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:54 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: ...and why wasn’t Boyd a defenseless receiver?  The defender left his feet and launched himself into the neck and head area.

He was and the refs missed that call.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So many heroes in this forum instead of on the field - get signed!

At 60 I'm fully prepared to sign my Bungles contract.  Too bad I'm still just 59.. I'll be 59 1/2 on January 22nd.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote