Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Broncos @ Bengals***
(12-02-2018, 05:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No, the NFL made this change in 2014, I believe. It's their way of trying to make the game safer and the players still haven't stopped doing it. The old "hit them so hard you separate the ball from the WR" isn't legal anymore. There is no way a defender can "blow-up" a WR, until they become a runner, so players have to stop ***** doing it or they will get penalized and fined. It does not have to involve the helmet/head of either player in anyway.

So how hard are you allowed to hit them? I dont understand. Why did the Bengals not get this same call earlier? Did he hit Boyd softer? Who measures how hard you hit someone?
Reply/Quote
Makes me mad we won those games at the start of the season.

Could’ve tanked and got a great player. Now we’re gonna be stuck with another bum ass 12-17 pick that won’t play for 4 years and Be off the team

Marvin’s ability to barely win meaningless games is only rivaled by his great inability to win any game that haa even a shred of importance
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The penalty called does not have to involve the helmet. The commentator is wrong and is providing misinformation to fans. When a WR is in the "defenseless" designation, it is called unnecessary contact, which means it's in the way the DB hits the "defenseless" player, not with a certain part of the body to a certain part of the body. Basically the NFL is saying Williams does not have to come flying in with full force to break up that pass or tackle Sanders.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

A defenseless receiver penalty has to include contact with the head or neck, while in a defenseless position. 

That was so close and so forceful, refs pretty much have to throw the flag, to err on the side of safety. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Is this team on drugs

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then someone needs to explain the non call on the Boyd hit if you are saying it’s not which part of the body that you hit. Which I think you are wrong a lot.

You just explained what happened to Boyd, it was a non-call and it should have been. The refs were wrong on that call and right on the Sanders call.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He was and the refs missed that call.

It’s not a missed call when they see it and refuse to call it. Just like the numerous holds and intentional grounding calls not called against Denver.
Reply/Quote
Turn the game off all, or switch it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 05:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Unless you are doing it against Tyler Boyd.

So...you can just shove the defender away from the play. I did not know that.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So...you can just shove the defender away from the play. I did not know that.

Sorry this was not meant to be a quote
Reply/Quote
The game is over...but... well, Peko still in the hunt for the playoffs, good for him.
Reply/Quote
All I keep hearing about is how Lamar Jackson is a dual threat, how this will be the week he throws the ball, etc.... 4th quarter and he has 125 passing yards.

Can we stop pretending he isn't Tim Tebow?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Denver should just go for it
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So...you can just shove the defender away from the play. I did not know that.

Yep , this team plus officiating is hard to watch. That was beyond obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Is this team on drugs

That's the problem..drug free..  They really need an infusion of 'roids'.. No! Not more hemerrhoids.. (just to clarify) 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals coaching staff isn't even trying to win this game.

Below are the plays from the last drive. The team is down 2 scores with 9:21 left, more than enough time to win this game. Instead, look at how much game clock is used between each play. No sense of urgency at all.

Quote:Pass Incomplete
(9:21) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass incomplete short right to M.Lengel.
1st & 10 at CIN 12 3 seconds used - because of the incompletion.

16 Yard Pass
(9:18) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass short middle to G.Bernard to CIN 28 for 16 yards (J.Jones).
2nd & 10 at CIN 12 42 seconds used

3 Yard Run
(8:36) (Shotgun) G.Bernard right tackle to CIN 31 for 3 yards (A.Gotsis; S.Cravens).
1st & 10 at CIN 28 39 seconds used

-8 Yard Sack
(7:57) J.Driskel sacked at CIN 23 for -8 yards (V.Miller).
2nd & 7 at CIN 31 38 seconds used

8 Yard Pass
(7:19) (Shotgun) J.Driskel pass short middle to G.Bernard to CIN 31 for 8 yards (T.Davis).
3rd & 15 at CIN 23 38 seconds used

Punt
(6:41) K.Huber punts 69 yards to end zone, Center-C.Harris, Touchback.
4th & 7 at CIN 31

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You just explained what happened to Boyd, it was a non-call and it should have been. The refs were wrong on that call and right on the Sanders call.

That was supposed to say about not a lot. I only think you are wrong fairly often. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sorry this was not meant to be a quote

Quoting me?  Or quoting YOURSELF??? Hmm
Reply/Quote
I cant wait to see this drive. I predict a 4 yard throw to Core and three 1 yard outs to Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
Wow von Miller has such a quick first step an elite player.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Poor Jeff

Reply/Quote