Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Broncos @ Bengals***
(12-02-2018, 06:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's assuming that the Blackburns will be different than Mike. Since 2014, they've been heavily involved in the day to day operations of this franchise, and I haven't noticed any real difference. That's not to say that things won't change when Mike is completely out of the picture...just that I'm not convinced or very confident that it will happen to any great degree.

Yeah, you almost have to hope that Mike Brown has been making almost all of the calls in order to have hope things will be significantly different when he departs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's assuming that the Blackburns will be different than Mike. Since 2014, they've been heavily involved in the day to day operations of this franchise, and I haven't noticed any real difference. That's not to say that things won't change when Mike is completely out of the picture...just that I'm not convinced or very confident that it will happen to any great degree.

Bingo except you seem to have a bit more faith in the rest of the clan than I do . The bottom line is that it's always going to be profitable owning an NFL franchise and winning is completely irrelevant. If winning had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with profitability the Bengals (and Browns) would have been out of business long ago. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Now that they are showing shots of the crowd it reminds me, what ever happened to that Bengals Thing guy.  The guy that wore The Thing costume in Bengals colors. Don't recall seeing him in a long time.

Always enjoyed conversing with him on the Mother Ship...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think this will be a good offseason for MB to retire, ML to retire and let the Blackburns completely rebuild with all new GM, scouts and coaches.

Lord I wish that would happen but will MB do that? I'm tired of us being the laughing stock of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
In 50 years the Bengals have won five total playoff games. It’s true.
Reply/Quote

We can only hope that the Blackburns aren't as def and blind as papa Brown. Otherwise, we're .... well .... I will be playing a lot more golf.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
No existing Bengal coach should be employed by noon tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:15 PM)Housh Wrote: We need to come into the offseason with a plan to fix something. Either the LB score, offensive line, or receivers/TEs. Having so many holes in so many spots is indicative of a franchise that doesn’t know what the hell it wants to do on the field. Are we a west coast passing team? Running team? Deep ball team?

Make a damn choice

First thing first is to  get a new HC,OC, and DC.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, you almost have to hope that Mike Brown has been making almost all of the calls in order to have hope things will be significantly different when he departs.

(12-02-2018, 06:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bingo except you seem to have a bit more faith in the rest of the clan than I do . 

Katie once referred to Mike as one of the "best football minds" she's ever known.  Mellow

Seriously though, she's spent her entire adult life learning the game and the business from Mike.  Mellow Mellow Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We can only hope that the Blackburns aren't as def and blind as papa Brown. Otherwise, we're .... well .... I will be playing a lot more golf.

You'll be playing enough golf to have a shot at the PGA!
Reply/Quote
and as usual Marv's post game presser is insightful...."we gotta do better"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
you do get the feeling change is coming though.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:26 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We can only hope that the Blackburns aren't as def and blind as papa Brown. Otherwise, we're .... well .... I will be playing a lot more golf.

I'm concerned about them just being more of the same, but man, I hope like hell that's not the case...or this cycle is never gonna end.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:31 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: you do get the feeling change is coming though.

Not really...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:31 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: you do get the feeling change is coming though.

Uhhhhh.... 

What!?

I feel like this team is getting worse, actually. I'm finding it harder and harder to watch. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Uh.....No 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:35 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Uhhhhh.... 

What!?

I feel like this team is getting worse, actually. I'm finding it harder and harder to watch. 

I mean Lewis going, that change.  It can't go on! 
Reply/Quote
Was the OLine's decision(and it had to be a conscious decision to be that bad) not to pass block at all today part of a master plan to avoid any dreaded QB controversy?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 06:36 PM)McC Wrote: Was the OLine's decision(and it had to be a conscious decision to be that bad) not to pass block at all today part of a master plan to avoid any dreaded QB controversy?

No. They seriously suck at pass blocking.
Reply/Quote

Unfortunately the Blackburns ain't calling the shot. Mike Brown is.
Reply/Quote