Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread...Bears @ Bengals***
(12-10-2017, 05:41 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Lap said he hasn’t seen a team quit like this is a long time. Speaks volumes.

Reminds me of the LeBeau days. Just a bunch of millionaires earning their paychecks

earning or getting?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Damn...I was really hoping that would be picked off
Reply/Quote
Should have been picked xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:36 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Because leading with the crown leads to illegal hits and unnecessary injury.

Proper tackling doesn’t involve any of that. It’s lazy standing and arm tackling. Especially against powerful RBs

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:31 PM)Trademark Wrote: Agreed he’s average just like his QB

Anyone that considers AJ Green an “average” WR is an idiot and should not have their opinion taken seriously.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is there One Player on our team we are happy with today?

Nope. Not a single player or coach with an ounce of heart on this team. They bend over and take it from everyone, as if they like it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: earning or getting?

Getting. Phoned in. Got those automatic payments set in. Throw on some stuff. Avoid any hits. Breeze of a day. Drive your Ferrari home

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Who the hell is on our schedule to kill us next week?

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You assume that their goal is to win a Super Bowl.

They have a strict budget that they adhere to that allows them to make a profit each year...and if they win in the process...great. The sooner fans realize this the better.

To win here, they basically need to have 2-3-4 amazing drafts in a row...and even then, they'll be losing players to free agency so quick that they have to replace them.

This.  Mike Brown is clearly more interested in making money for himself, his family, and his friends than winning football games.  I can't blame the guy, I guess.  He has a different goal than fans of the team, and that's the kick in the arse.  It's been over 25 years though, so you had ample time to come to terms with this.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone that considers AJ Green an “average” WR is an idiot and should not have their opinion taken seriously.

He's not average. When he decides to play. Apparently he decided to take today off.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think we all sort of expected a crappy performance today. I just don’t think we expected it to be this crappy. Is this the worst game they’ve played under Marvin??

Yeah...and to think beating the Browns and Broncos made fans think we'd win out and go 10-6. My counter was while we could beat anyone...we could also lose to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think we all sort of expected a crappy performance today. I just don’t think we expected it to be this crappy. Is this the worst game they’ve played under Marvin??

I didnt expect the defense to be great or anything with the guys out. But I did expect the offense to look at least halfway competent.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:38 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Justify it all you want. This is one of the last ranked offensive teams in the league that is humiliating our defense today.

And again is that the same excuse for the offense?

You're right. why expect anything from this team.

No.  Offense has stunk all year.  But there's no truth in saying the poor defensive performance is evidence of quitting on the coach when 45% of the starters are not dressed, and 27% of the ones on the field would not had dressed were there not so many others already out.  It's not justification, it's refuting nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This.  Mike Brown is clearly more interested in making money for himself, his family, and his friends than winning football games.  I can't blame the guy, I guess.  He has a different goal than fans of the team, and that's the kick in the arse.  It's been over 25 years though, so you had ample time to come to terms with this.

Yeah, you see it a lot more in other sports like baseball. In the NFL you really don't see it that much because of the salary cap and all the rules for competitive balance.

Well maybe there are other cheap owners...but all the rules let them win occasionally. Maybe the lack of scouts and poor management is just epically bad for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The defense was giving up 385 yards per game over the last 7 weeks (including 400+ 4 times)...prior to this game.

With all of our best players.  Take away those guys, and again, how is this a surprise?
Reply/Quote
I’ve about had it dealing with losers
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ...we could also lose to anyone.

And this is why there is no optimism in rooting for this team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I could really use a pick 6 or a sack/strip fumble return TD. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Marvin returns I am done with this franchise
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 05:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No.  Offense has stunk all year.  But there's no truth in saying the poor defensive performance is evidence of quitting on the coach when 45% of the starters are not dressed, and 27% of the ones on the field would not had dressed were there not so many others already out.  It's not justification, it's refuting nonsense.

Losing Burfict has an impact. Losing Jones and Kirkpartrick are addition by subtraction. You're argument that this performance was expected is no more valid.
Reply/Quote