Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Texans***
(12-27-2020, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wanted Sewell as much as anyone, but honestly I’m not even mad.

Nope. Once you beat the Steelers and follow that with back to back dubs, you start to remember how much more fun winning is. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It would make up a lot for our crap season if the Shitstains can find themselves on the outside looking in.  

We win, Browns lose.  That's a good Sunday  ThumbsUp

They’re in. Colts pulled a Bengals against the Colts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Allen played well enough to get attention around the league. Staying in Cincy may not be in his plans. He may not want to be #2 behind the locked in steel, young starter.
Reply/Quote
Back to the Browns, if the ball never hit the ground and Hunt grabs it, is that a fumble?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Love this win. Now one more against the Ravens would be super sick.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Too bad. Now, you can go back to living under your rock.

It's called have a career moron... Sorry I cant be on a messege board 24 /7  loser...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They’re in. Colts pulled a Bengals against the Colts.

Then I'll take the next best thing:  one and done.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:28 PM)Destro Wrote: Allen played well enough to get attention around the league. Staying in Cincy may not be in his plans. He may not want to be #2 behind the locked in steel, young starter.

Especially when Katherine comes to the particle board table with a lowball number. Let’s not kid ourselves, Allen isn’t winning a starting role anytime soon, but you’d have to be a fool not to take the highest offer to hold the clipboard.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Back to the Browns, if the ball never hit the ground and Hunt grabs it, is that a fumble?

I think the Holy Roller play changed the rules. If a player fumbles, loses the ball, losses possession, only they can have an advance on the fumble on 4th down. Hunt recovering means the play ended where Mayfield fumbled. If a Jet recovered, they can run with it. If Mayfield recovered, he can advance it. 
Reply/Quote
Eagles are about to beat the cowboys. Book it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:36 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Especially when Katherine comes to the particle board table with a lowball number.   Let’s not kid ourselves, Allen isn’t winning a starting role anytime soon, but you’d have to be a fool not to take the highest offer to hold the clipboard.

Hold a clipboard or be behind a QB who might be benched or retire or something at some point. Sure the Bengals hope Burrow is the QB for the next 10 years. Being a QB#2 would not be a good choice if you had options. That's something he was in short supply of a few months ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Might not get that chance if we pick 6-7. It's hard to predict who we take there honestly. Draft board will shake up a bunch.

QBs always jump between the combine and the draft. One or two could sneak in there earlier than expected. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They’re in. Colts pulled a Bengals against the Colts.

Browns play Pitt next week and the Colts play the Jags.

I say it's looking up for the Colts, still. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:28 PM)Destro Wrote: Allen played well enough to get attention around the league. Staying in Cincy may not be in his plans. He may not want to be #2 behind the locked in steel, young starter.

Bad teams will get their rookie QB in the next draft. I don't see a single team that would consider Allen a starter next year. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Eagles are about to beat the cowboys.  Book it.

That's what i'm counting on. One or two other teams win next week, Bengals are still 4/5. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bad teams will get their rookie QB in the next draft. I don't see a single team that would consider Allen a starter next year. 

Not saying a starter, but as a back-up with a chance. Here, that SHOULDN'T happened. Plus, Mike is unlikely to give a chunk of money for one, but someone will. This team had Finely at #2 and liked it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:37 PM)Destro Wrote: I think the Holy Roller play changed the rules. If a player fumbles, loses the ball, losses possession, only they can have an advance on the fumble on 4th down. Hunt recovering means the play ended where Mayfield fumbled. If a Jet recovered, they can run with it. If Mayfield recovered, he can advance it. 

I get the rule but it never hid the ground. So why isn’t it a really weird lateral?

Reply/Quote

Allen could be the opening game starter though depending on Burrow’s recovery time.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I get the rule but it never hid the ground. So why isn’t it a really weird lateral?

It went forward, so not a lateral, and a fumble need not hit the ground. Pretty much, a ball carrier must maintain control for the ball to be advanced. It is one of those "only on fourth down rules" but it is written to prevent someone from just fake fumbling to prevent a tackle to get a teammate to pick it up and get a first. Actually, exactly what we just saw. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Not saying a starter, but as a back-up with a chance. Here, that SHOULDN'T happened. Plus, Mike is unlikely to give a chunk of money for one, but someone will. This team had Finely at #2 and liked it.

It could be lip service, but Allen just said on the post game show that he "loves it here". 

Reply/Quote