Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(12-26-2021, 06:08 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What did wink say?

He said they had no concerns about stopping Burrow or Chase. 

""Adams is one of the top 2 receivers in the league and he's not No. 2. Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don't think we're ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe (Burrow)."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Martindale wasn’t completely wrong
Chase wasn’t even the best WR on his own team today!

Empirically speaking, Martindale wasn't wrong. Burrow & Chase are young & have a lot of football ahead of them before they're Rodgers & Adams. 
His mistake was saying it publicly. 
Reply/Quote
I bet that was a really fun game for the offense.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes.

So Mixon, Chase and Higgins have all gone over 1000.... need to feed Boyd now. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Mac Jones has crashed back to earth. Chase might be back in the OROY mix.
Reply/Quote
You guys think any Free Agents want to come to Cincinnati and play with this bunch now????
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Empirically speaking, Martindale wasn't wrong. Burrow & Chase are young & have a lot of football ahead of them before they're Rodgers & Adams. 
His mistake was saying it publicly. 
Yes I was joking because Higgins looked like a HOFer today. Chase scorched them, too.
Reply/Quote
The only team we can’t have winning is Cleveland

We clinch if Cleveland doesn’t go 2-0 or if we win 1 game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Josh Johnson 304 yards 28/40 2TD (1INT)

Dude showed up.
Reply/Quote
That Higgins catch is the best play since Jerome Simpsons flip
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:15 PM)Whacked Wrote: Josh Johnson 304 yards 28/40 2TD (1INT)

Dude showed up.

Too bad those numbers didn’t actually lead to point most the time
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Mac Jones has crashed back to earth. Chase might be back in the OROY mix.

Mac Jones is just a fairly solid QB but nothing spectacular. You better have a strong D and running game because he’s not a QB who’s going to go out there and win games throwing the ball 50 times.

No way is he the ROY over Chase
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:15 PM)Housh Wrote: That Higgins catch is the best play since Jerome Simpsons flip

Speaking of flips though, Boyd doing that flip when he scored was not very smart in my opinion.  Seemed like taking an unnecessary risk.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: He said they had no concerns about stopping Burrow or Chase. 

""Adams is one of the top 2 receivers in the league and he's not No. 2. Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don't think we're ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe (Burrow)."

Hence the Chase ball spin and keeping Burrow in

Reply/Quote
Burrow not making pro bowl looks stupid now

Like it was stupid before today but after today it’s basically criminal
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Bengals #3 seed in AFC

WHO DEYYYYY
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:11 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad that is over.  Burrow was taking some unneeded hits.  41 to 21.   GREAT WIN.   Now go Chiefs over Steelers.  Bengals still have to beat either Chiefs or Browns, they can't finish 0-2.  Glad Burrow and Bengals walk off healthy.  Bengals should win AFC NORTH, but it may come down to winning at Cleveland and avoiding being swept by Browns.  GREAT WIN TODAY....Browns and Ravens lost, now for Steelers to lose to Chiefs. ...WIN THE AFC NORTH, but also WIN IN THE PLAY-OFFS

They can.  Chiefs win today, Steelers win next week, Ravens win the following week makes us division champs.

BUT, a Chiefs win today ends our opportunity to get the 1 seed.  So the question becomes, settle for a lower seed and root for KC, or aim high and root for Pittsburgh?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Mac Jones is just a fairly solid QB but nothing spectacular. You better have a strong D and running game because he’s not a QB who’s going to go out there and win games throwing the ball 50 times.

No way is he the ROY over Chase

That just reminded me of that game the Pats won a few weeks ago when Jones had 3 passing attempts for the entire game.  I thought that was kind of funny.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:15 PM)Housh Wrote: The only team we can’t have winning is Cleveland

We clinch if Cleveland doesn’t go 2-0 or if we win 1 game

Actually Cleveland lost to the Packers so our clinching scenario is almost set - just need the Chiefs to beat the Stealers. If that happens we clinch if we win EITHER the Chiefs OR the Browns games. Nothing anyone else does matters. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They can.  Chiefs win today, Steelers win next week, Ravens win the following week makes us division champs.

BUT, a Chiefs win today ends our opportunity to get the 1 seed.  So the question becomes, settle for a lower seed and root for KC, or aim high and root for Pittsburgh?

Gotta just root for KC because Steelers
Reply/Quote