Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 16 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(12-26-2021, 06:12 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Empirically speaking, Martindale wasn't wrong. Burrow & Chase are young & have a lot of football ahead of them before they're Rodgers & Adams. 
His mistake was saying it publicly. 

Only if you think the only time you have to clamp down on a receiver is when it’s the best receiver being thrown to by a HOFer
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know it sucks yall but we gotta root for Pittsburg
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Cleveland lost to the Packers so our clinching scenario is almost set - just need the Chiefs to beat the Stealers. If that happens we clinch if we win EITHER the Chiefs OR the Browns games. Nothing anyone else does matters. 

Those are 2 ugly “IF’s” Sad
Reply/Quote
All these people bitching, would be bitching if the staff took Burrow out and cost him the record too.
This is literally Andy Dalton 2.0. Dudes can't win with these people.

Wink trashed Zac for kicking a FG last year, shit talked JB and Chase, and y'all thought they wouldn't rub his nose in it if they could? TFOH, that's EXACTLY what we want in our QB and HC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Does Wink Martindale have a twitter account? Or should I just go to his house?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:20 PM)Housh Wrote: I know it sucks yall but we gotta root for Pittsburg

No we don’t.

We want the Stoolers to lose
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They can.  Chiefs win today, Steelers win next week, Ravens win the following week makes us division champs.

BUT, a Chiefs win today ends our opportunity to get the 1 seed.  So the question becomes, settle for a lower seed and root for KC, or aim high and root for Pittsburgh?

Just win the rest of the games

Don't want to back into anythingThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
He has a Twitter account - rub away!
Reply/Quote
I was just reading an article about the game on PFT and a Browns fan posted a comment saying they wished they had Burrow instead of sober Johnny Manziel. That cracked me up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Gotta just root for KC because Steelers

^^^This^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Burrow not making pro bowl looks stupid now

Like it was stupid before today but after today it’s basically criminal

I think Joe should be in, but there are only 3 spots, and more than 3 deserving QBs in the AFC.

Burrow
Mahomes
Jackson
Herbert
Allen

All 5 are worthy of the 3 spots.  I think Burrow got screwed by Herbert dicing our defense.

My $.02, it should never be decided until after the season ends.  Can't give out awards with 3/16 season left to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:15 PM)Housh Wrote: The only team we can’t have winning is Cleveland

We clinch if Cleveland doesn’t go 2-0 or if we win 1 game

Either way, the only team we can beat is Cleveland . No way we beat KC.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:21 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was just reading an article about the game on PFT and a Browns fan posted a comment saying they wished they had Burrow instead of sober Johnny Manziel.  That cracked me up.

That's funny as hell.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 05:44 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You're poor. They're missing a couple very key linebackers today. They went into the game trying to stop the run thinking that Josh Johnson would throw a couple of picks. Well the guy ha played a great game today.

This defense kept them in the game against the 49ers and the chargers and they won the game against denver. And you want the defensive coordinator fired? What a freaking moron.

Where did I say I wanted Anarumo fired?  I said the defense was poor (today) which it was.  That's on Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Just win the rest of the games

Don't want to back into anythingThumbsUp

Absolutely agree, but that is a tall order to win those 2 games.  A win next week locks us in as division champ, with the final week providing a chance to move up from 4th.  So that becomes the situation of wanting requirements that gets us in at 9-8.

Wanting the #1 seed, I will hope for Pitt to win today.  KC wins, and I will be happy we have they first box checked on the backup plan.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 05:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: You ain't seen the posts shitting on Zac for running in the 3rd and calling a timeout? And that's just when I got on at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I've only been able to post occasionally when I have bits of time to watch while doing stuff around the house.  I haven't had time to read much, at all.
Reply/Quote
We couldn’t guard KC’s receivers if we had 12 men on defense
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ...I will hope for Pitt to win today.  

I will NEVER hope for Pitt to win.  I want them COMPLETELY OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.  
With Ben likely retiring.  I don't want the NFL to have the opportunity to give him a "swan song" Super Bowl, like they did with Jerome Bettis.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I will NEVER hope for Pitt to win.  I want them COMPLETELY OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.  
With Ben likely retiring.  I don't want the NFL to have the opportunity to give him a "swan song" Super Bowl, like they did with Jerome Bettis.

PREACH

Send him packing into retirement w regrets
Reply/Quote
Mahomes last 21 games in Nov/Dec he has 21 wins…
Are you freaking kidding me? That’s when high pressure games are played and a lot of times in bad weather.

That is just unbelievable
Hopefully that streak ends at 22 next week.
Reply/Quote