Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
I don't think they can call the game. Record crows in attwndance and a MNF broadcast. Should they call the game, probably. Will they, probably not. Too much revenue with commercials etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder that this may not be contact related at all?

I agree. He had to have some underlying condition that the hit triggered. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This has to be some underlying issue. I can’t see how a hit like that causes a that sequence that leads to CPR.

Yeah, I still am thinking heart related. Something personal health related. Scary shit regardless.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Seriously NFL..........something is seriously wrong with society if this game continues.
Reply/Quote
Man I hate to say this but does it really matter who wins now?

I mean it’s hard to really care
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m not going to be able to care until I hear he’s alright. I mean usually we are waiting to hear torn ACL or something. Who the hell was ever worried someone might not survive?

I was watching the Denmark/Finland soccer match in the 2020 Euros, which took place in 2021 due to Covid, when Christian Eriksen went into cardiac arrest on the pitch and had to be administered CRP and taken off on a stretcher. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think they can call the game. Record crows in attwndance and a MNF broadcast. Should they call the game, probably. Will they, probably not. Too much revenue with commercials etc.

He wouldve had to die on the field for them to call the game imo.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'm stunned they are going to continue.

Burrow's eyes warming up are a shell of himself.
Reply/Quote
They need to get on the phone to the league and get this postponed a day or two.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Never seen the coaches like this. I think McDermont is telling Zac that he doesn’t think they can play I bet.

5 minutes? Screw you NFL
Reply/Quote
Now if the players wanna quit it the NFL has no choice, but the league aint gonna call it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Could the league just end the game, or is it up to the coaches and players?

EDIT: Nevermind
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think they can call the game. Record crows in attwndance and a MNF broadcast. Should they call the game, probably. Will they, probably not. Too much revenue with commercials etc.

We will see what happens, I think the PR hit that keeping this game going could cause would be on their minds.  
Reply/Quote
Taylor showing a lot of class here.
Reply/Quote
Temporarily suspended.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
He is only 24 yrs old.
Reply/Quote
Okay, someone at the NFL stopped and thought about this. I think Zac and the Bills coach both said they are not putting their teams out right now.
Reply/Quote
Game suspended for now anyway. Will they come back out?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was watching the Denmark/Finland soccer match in the 2020 Euros, which took place in 2021 due to Covid, when Christian Eriksen went into cardiac arrest on the pitch and had to be administered CRP and taken off on a stretcher. 

My first though and google a guy called Fabrice Muamba it happens every so often in football.

They carried on playing that day
Reply/Quote
At this point youve gotta worry about players safety. Getting going to play football at the highest level, stopping for this long and trying to get it back going is dangerous. Id actually prefer we not try it at this point.
-Housh
Reply/Quote