Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
A win is a win. It was an ugly one though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The elite defenses always fight for the ball until the runner is down. That’s outstanding technique coached by Lou Anarumo.

I think Cappa will play. Just a gut feeling.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No game balls to the offense; don’t even consider it.  The defense won this game, period.

Absolutely. Four turnovers today, I think. Second half has been offense operating like crap.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:16 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Both TDs were set up by defensive TOs inside Ravens territory. They didn’t generate drives.

48 yards is still a drive. So is 32 yards, to a lesser extent. It's not like they started on the goal line. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: O line a question mark going into playoffs. Williams, Volson and Karras absolutely have to play good next week.

Adeniji and Carmen simply have to not historically suck. Defense and Burrow can win us that game as long as Adeniji and Carmen dont have historically bad games

Carman is only playing as the extra lineman.
Reply/Quote
Outgained 354-256 by Anthony Brown, Kenyon Drake, Justice Hill, Isiah Likely, Charlie Kolar, Tylan Wallance and company. 2nd half was as ugly as it gets.

A LOT of work to do before next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:10 PM)Spider Wrote: Take Burrow Out of the game!!!!!!!

They would run then at least. But yes, get Burrow out of the game.  Tee and Boyd as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think Cappa will play. Just a gut feeling.

Me too. 

The look he was giving seemed like a look where he knows he not SUPER hurt but he thinks hell be able to go after a week.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Well also the fact that the guy pushed off obviously and it wasnt called. This crew needs to be banished to the California Penal League!

Not even sure how the hell they missed that...It was blatant as hell
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 PM)matmaven Wrote: Outgained 354-256 by Anthony Brown, Kenyon Drake, Justice Hill, Isiah Likely, Charlie Kolar, Tylan Wallance and company. 2nd half was as ugly as it gets.

No doubt but in all fairness s very very tough week for cincinnati. With what happened Monday along with finding the intensity to get up against the team resting a bunch of players they probably felt like they're going to walk thru this team. Very very hard just to turn it off and on.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: 48 yards is still a drive. So is 32 yards, to a lesser extent. It's not like they started on the goal line. 

My comment said generated on their own. Both of those drives were significantly aided by the D.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No game balls to the offense; don’t even consider it.  The defense won this game, period.

Without a doubt
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:18 PM)matmaven Wrote: Outgained 354-256 by Anthony Brown, Kenyon Drake, Justice Hill, Isiah Likely, Charlie Kolar, Tylan Wallance and company. 2nd half was as ugly as it gets.

Seemed like Higgins head was not in the game at all. 1 catch on 7 targets. I can understand why but he needs to get it together by next week. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Any news on Cappa? Looked like a season ender to me. Not what we needed. Line suddenly going to look a lot more like the one last year.

They reported it as an ankle. But I still wouldn't be surprised if his knee ends up being hurt.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:12 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: This fan base freaks out way too easy. This win was never much in danger.

You're new here..We freak out if they cut the grass too short.. And it's not a grass field..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Me too. 

The look he was giving seemed like a look where he knows he not SUPER hurt but he thinks hell be able to go after a week.

Hope you’re right, a guy that tough walking off that gingerly then being carted to the locker room is not something that gives me a lot of hope.
Reply/Quote
Well this "officiating crew" no called three Personal Fouls, two facemasks, two OPI by the Rats just today.
Reply/Quote
I wanna see another pick.

This can still turn into a blowout with a pick 6.

Send em' home in style.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:20 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: My comment said generated on their own. Both of those drives were significantly aided by the D.

That's not what generated means. The offense generated 20 points and the defense generated 7 points. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Never have I seen a more obvious push off, yet no flag on it.

Blatant as hell. Hopefully they don’t get away with all this shit next week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote