Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(09-15-2019, 05:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dont worry...the new staff will coach up the guys. 

I'm sure ZT is on the phone with McVey right now asking what the hell to do, Sweet Lou is playing an LP of the Merchant Marine fight song, and Jim Turner is telling the o-line that they are playing like a bunch of worthless, stupid women who are girls who have vaginas and aren't men.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nope, this loss was just what the doctor ordered and the team is going to respond in a big way when ZT fires them up and chews them out in a way Marvin NEVER did!  How's that?

Sure about that?

People seem to forget the whole "BE A EFFING MAN!" speech from Hard Knocks.  Some seem to think that if doesn't happen front and center on the sidelines, then it doesn't happen at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jim Turner is telling the o-line that they are playing like a bunch of worthless, stupid women who are girls who have vaginas and aren't men.

He wouldn't be wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  2018 was all on the coaches and this year IF we lose is all going to be on the players and office.

I am the biggest Marvin defender on this board. I said it then and I will say it now Coaching is overrated it's a player league. We need better players end of story.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
wasted 20 beers on this shit
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:48 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He wouldn't be wrong. 

It's imperative that he emphasize the fact that they don't have penises.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So many thought getting Lewis to go would be the answer.

The Bengal dream died when Paul Brown did!

What in the world would even makes ANYONE say that? 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:56 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: wasted 20 beers on this shit

If you drank them, they were not wasted.

Although you might be Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am the biggest Marvin defender on this board. I said it then and I will say it now Coaching is overrated it's a player league. We need better players end of story.

Bfine and Fred would like a word...

And you’re wrong. NFL is dependent on good coaching more than any other league.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bfine and Fred would like a word...

And you’re wrong. NFL is dependent on good coaching more than any other league.
So why are the Rams so good on the Offensive line and we completely suck? We both play the same exact system?
J24

Reply/Quote
According to Ahmed, we have a 16% chance of making the playoffs at 0-2. But their going to have to fix it.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So why are the Rams so good on the Offensive line and we completely suck? We both play the same exact system?

Well, sure, they have better players, but that doesn’t mean coaching isn’t just as important. Football is a chess match, and a good coach can win games.

Just look at the difference at DC. They have Wade Phillips, who’s been a HC, and we have a guy who’s never even been a coordinator.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: According to Ahmed, we have a 16% chance of making the playoffs at 0-2. But their going to have to fix it.

Is that making the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: According to Ahmed, we have a 16% chance of making the playoffs at 0-2. But their going to have to fix it.

Let’s be real, this is not a playoff team. I think the most we can hope for is to see the young guys progress, and see what we have in Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:56 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: wasted 20 beers on this shit

Given the way the game played out I would say that was a good investment, the numbing and all.  That is unless you were so upset you smashed them all with a hammer or something.  Then it was a waste.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, sure, they have better players, but that doesn’t mean coaching isn’t just as important. Football is a chess match, and a good coach can win games.

Just look at the difference at DC. They have Wade Phillips, who’s been a HC, and we have a guy who’s never even been a coordinator.
We also have complete shit at LB though. Also no one was saying that Lou couldn't coach last week. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is that making the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?

Pretty sure it was the playoffs. Maybe it was the SB? Hell, I don't know. I'm drinking this week away. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s be real, this is not a playoff team. I think the most we can hope for is to see the young guys progress, and see what we have in Taylor.

Fair enough, Not ready to go out on that limb yet. We had a horrible day. So I'm interested in how the respond.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:41 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We also have complete shit at LB though. Also no one was saying that Lou couldn't coach last week. 

They’re saying it now though aren’t they?

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re saying it now though aren’t they?

No.

Reply/Quote