Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
The Bengals have a roster of busts coached by a cadre of coaches reeking of incompetency and owned by a dinosaur who is stuck in the 1950s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My takeaways from this game:

Fire Zac Taylor today.
Fire Brian Callahan today.
Stop calling run run pass offense.
Open up the play book and allow passes deep.
Draft nothing but offensive linemen for the next 5 to 10 years.
Defense, you're cool.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Do the fifth thing and you don't have to do the first two because you can do the next two.

If we had a line, our receivers can get deeper, get some space. We can also open the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: That's a bullshit take. I mean they gave up 13 points. You shouldn't ever lose when your defense only gives up 13 points. They were put in constant shit situations again because of the offense and kept the game close. 

Actually only gave up 7. 13 pts came off turnovers. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What drugs are you on? I’m genuinely curious.

3 games against us.. 6-5 until today, having lost the last 2. Now 6-6
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don’t want to hear how good this defense is. Bullshit… good defenses make the stops when it matters.

I call BS on this take.

The standard for if your D played good cannot be if they made the exact play at the exact right time to give the offense a chance. WIth that logic a D that played like shit all game but made a play on the last drive could be considered a good D.

The D did everything it could. If the offense wasnt such trash, the game wouldnt have come down to 1 missed tackle by Hendrickson. 

The D has been good 2 games in a row.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He was better than Mixon. Don’t get the hype with this guy. Rarely makes anything happen. Is it the line, i dunno but the amount of carries he gets he should hit one more often than he does.

I like how people blame the line for any Burrow mistake but Mixon gets shit on for the same line. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: To think we have fans like yall. Calling it early and whining. We played a solid game. Burrow  got spooked but who could blame em with that o line. This team has a lot of potential.

But did he really?

First pick he didn't see the backer, second he misread the coverage as man, and the third he got hit during the release and had it tipped.  He continued to stand tall in the pocket, not happy feet and bailing immediately.  I think that is the opposite of spooked.
Reply/Quote
If you guys are frustrated that the D couldn't get Fields on the ground, just wait until we play Mayfield and Jackson. Twice.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Folks are happy with the defense because it is vastly superior to the last few seasons.  Beefing up the depth in the secondary will make them an excellent unit.

It was the Bears. Their offense sucks.  Don't expect this in Pissburgh next week..
Reply/Quote
Taylor and Callahan's offense through 3 quarters cost them this football game. There was zero screens miss directs or anything to confuse a defense.

Outside of a couple of flat passes to Uzomah it was empty 5 wide pass play or stack offense under center run play. A caveman could have read that offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Burrow's lack of pocket mobility is troublesome. We win this game if Burrow doesnt go full statue and if he doesnt stare down his WR.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Yeah, 4 turn overs and 4 sacks. Not a good game.

The offensive line is going to make this year very long. Not gonna get to 5 wins.

I'm genuinely surprised to hear there were only 4 sacks.  It felt like 6 or 7.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I like how people blame the line for any Burrow mistake but Mixon gets shit on for the same line. 

Yup.  3 sacks on one drive with a ton of QB hits, and a RB with a sub 3 YPC says a lot about the guys up front, not the two skill players.
Reply/Quote
We’re 1-1, not 0-10. Stop acting like the season is over an get ready for Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Taylor and Callahan's offense through 3 quarters cost them this football game. There was zero screens miss directs or anything to confuse a defense.

Outside of a couple of flat passes to Uzomah it was empty 5 wide pass play or stack offense under center run play. A caveman could have read that offense.

I was calling the plays from my couch. No telling what a seasoned defensive coordinator was doing. ZT has had this problem his whole time here. He was supposed to be some offensive god, but we havent even been a servicable offense since hes been here. The lack of creativity is very troublesome.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Chicago passed for 83 yards and we lost xD
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)Tony Wrote: It was the Bears. Their offense sucks.  Don't expect this in Pissburgh next week..

No one will be upset if you aren't here. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:05 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm genuinely surprised to hear there were only 4 sacks.  It felt like 6 or 7.

Something like 10 hits though...
Reply/Quote
ugly
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The tone was set with the Apple PI penalty!
Reply/Quote