Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-18-2020, 02:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals D isn't the worst in the league as shown before and 185 rushing yards/game is still not the worst run defense in the league.

There is really no more that needs to be said.

Not yet...They will be before long after they play a real NFL offense.

I mean they did manage to make Baker Mayfield look like a real NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How about the 3 TD’s (should have been 4 thanks Boyd) and 0 INT? Could “any QB” do that too?

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills up in here...

Browns dropped 2 passes that should have been intercepted. 2 of 3 TD's were in 4th quarter with Brown playing softer D. Look I want Burrow to do well I really do. But acting like he's blameless is silly
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals D isn't the worst in the league as shown before and 185 rushing yards/game is still not the worst run defense in the league.

There is really no more that needs to be said.

You know you’re being irrational when you defend this defense right? The Browns took the ball down the field at the end to seal the game without throwing a single pass! Everyone and their brother knew what was coming and they couldn’t stop it. Chubb and Hunt gashed them for 20/30+ yds at a time. Just completely pathetic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Burrow threw the ball 60 times so he should get over 300 yards. Don't get me wrong though he was clearly the best player out there tonight on either team.

Nick Chubb and his (6 yards shy of) 1,500 rushing yards at 5ypc last year and his 22/124(5.6)/2 tonight disagree.

Can't even say it's because of a good OL. Dude's just one of the two best RBs in the game right now and makes his own yardage. 93 of his 124 rushing yards were after contact. Guy's averaging 3.97 YPC *after* contact this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:27 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Browns dropped 2 passes that should have been intercepted. 2 of 3 TD's were in 4th quarter with Brown playing softer D. Look I want Burrow to do well I really do. But acting like he's blameless is silly

He’s a ***** rookie!!!! I mean FFS! If you expect anything other from a rookie other than being able to not do stupid enough shit to lose a game you really have no business commenting. Especially after circumstances that no other rookie QBs have ever had to face ever playing for a team that went 2-14 last year. Give it a rest. Holy shit!
Reply/Quote
I understand some of you think Burrow is a god and can do no wrong. Id prefer a performance similar to Gardner Minshew's week 1 performance. Bengals have alot more talent than Jags.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nick Chubb and his (6 yards shy of) 1,500 rushing yards at 5ypc last year and his 22/124(5.6)/2 tonight disagree.

Can't even say it's because of a good OL. Dude's just one of the two best RBs in the game right now and makes his own yardage. 93 of his 124 rushing yards were after contact. Guy's averaging 3.97 YPC *after* contact this year.

I finally agree with you. Chubb is bad, bad man.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I understand some of you think Burrow is a god and can do no wrong. Id prefer a performance similar to Gardner Minshew's week 1 performance. Bengals have alot more talent than Jags.

Seriously stop!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:27 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Browns dropped 2 passes that should have been intercepted. 2 of 3 TD's were in 4th quarter with Brown playing softer D. Look I want Burrow to do well I really do. But acting like he's blameless is silly

“Blameless?” Ofc he wasn’t perfect, but he’s also the main reason we were even in the game. We rushed for like 50 yds.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:35 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Seriously stop!!!

Rotoworld who gets paid to analyze football said Burrows game left much to be desired. He made some mistakes and contributed to our loss accept the fact move on and hope he improves.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I understand some of you think Burrow is a god and can do no wrong. Id prefer a performance similar to Gardner Minshew's week 1 performance. Bengals have alot more talent than Jags.

I wish we had Gardner Minshew’s OC...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Rotoworld who gets paid to analyze football said Burrows game left much to be desired. He made some mistakes and contributed to our loss accept the fact move on and hope he improves.

From Rotoworld

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

Joe Burrow completed 37-of-61 passes for 316 yards and three touchdowns in the Bengals' 35-30, Week 2 loss to the Browns, adding seven carries for 19 yards and a lost fumble.
Almost never will you see a player with a 300-yard game average 5.2 yards per attempt, but that was Burrow behind a practically nonexistent offensive line this evening. The troubles remained particularly pronounced on Bobby Hart's right side. Burrow was lucky to escape with only one turnover, as he recovered another fumble (botched snap) and had a few slightly-errant passes clang off his receivers' hands. Two of Burrow's touchdowns came in garbage time. The first was a 23-yarder where he allowed C.J. Uzomah to find the space between the corner and the safety. The takeaway was Burrow's extreme poise under nonstop pressure, as he routinely slipped the pocket and kept his cool even with Myles Garrett in his grill. Burrow could have used a few more plays from his pass catchers, particularly A.J. Green, who never seemed in sync after getting shaken up on his first target. It is going to be a year of peaks and valleys behind this offensive line. Week 3 opponent Philadelphia is tough up front.

Seriously STFU
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You know you’re being irrational when you defend this defense right? The Browns took the ball down the field at the end to seal the game without throwing a single pass! Everyone and their brother knew what was coming and they couldn’t stop it. Chubb and Hunt gashed them for 20/30+ yds at a time. Just completely pathetic.

And they also had a huge hold on the goal line for a stop while the Bengals were only down by 8 in the 3rd quarter. What did the offense do? Turn it right back over.

And they also had a huge INT while down 12 which allowed the Bengals to pull within 5.

- - - - - - -

Week 1 they allowed 16 points and got 2 more turnovers on 4th down stops. What did the offense do with those 2 turnover on downs? Punt and punt.

The losing points from Week 1 was because of an offensive fumble that turned into a FG.

- - - - - - -

Is the defense this year GOOD? No. Is it "the worst in the league"? No. They have given the offense multiple opportunities and the offense hasn't capitalized. 4 turnovers in 2 games have turned into 7 points for the Bengals and 7 points for the opposing team (by turning it right back over). That's not good.

Tackling wasn't good in Week 2, but they went up against the best backfield in the NFL and the offense still had opportunities to win that they squandered.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:43 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: From Rotoworld

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news

Joe Burrow completed 37-of-61 passes for 316 yards and three touchdowns in the Bengals' 35-30, Week 2 loss to the Browns, adding seven carries for 19 yards and a lost fumble.
Almost never will you see a player with a 300-yard game average 5.2 yards per attempt, but that was Burrow behind a practically nonexistent offensive line this evening. The troubles remained particularly pronounced on Bobby Hart's right side. Burrow was lucky to escape with only one turnover, as he recovered another fumble (botched snap) and had a few slightly-errant passes clang off his receivers' hands. Two of Burrow's touchdowns came in garbage time. The first was a 23-yarder where he allowed C.J. Uzomah to find the space between the corner and the safety. The takeaway was Burrow's extreme poise under nonstop pressure, as he routinely slipped the pocket and kept his cool even with Myles Garrett in his grill. Burrow could have used a few more plays from his pass catchers, particularly A.J. Green, who never seemed in sync after getting shaken up on his first target. It is going to be a year of peaks and valleys behind this offensive line. Week 3 opponent Philadelphia is tough up front.

Seriously STFU

'Burrow behind a practically nonexistent offensive line this evening'

'The takeaway was Burrow's extreme poise under nonstop pressure'

Burrow's made mistakes, no doubt about it, but this is also the reality he's dealing with right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And they also had a huge hold on the goal line for a stop while the Bengals were only down by 8 in the 3rd quarter. What did the offense do? Turn it right back over.

And they also had a huge INT while down 12 which allowed the Bengals to pull within 5.

- - - - - - -

Week 1 they allowed 16 points and got 2 more turnovers on 4th down stops. What did the offense do with those 2 turnover on downs? Punt and punt.

The losing points from Week 1 was because of an offensive fumble that turned into a FG.

- - - - - - -

Is the defense this year GOOD? No. Is it "the worst in the league"? No. They have given the offense multiple opportunities and the offense hasn't capitalized. 4 turnovers in 2 games have turned into 7 points for the Bengals and 7 points for the opposing team (by turning it right back over). That's not good.

Tackling wasn't good in Week 2, but they went up against the best backfield in the NFL and the offense still had opportunities to win that they squandered.
it's so much easier to blame everyone but Burrow. it's ridiculous some on here cant even watch a game objectively. I worry about Zac though his gameplan for 18 games has been awful hope his horrible playcalling doesn't ruin his confidence or injur Burrow. Were stuck with Taylor another 30 games
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And they also had a huge hold on the goal line for a stop while the Bengals were only down by 8 in the 3rd quarter. What did the offense do? Turn it right back over.

- - - - - - -

- - - - - - -

The defense is terrible and I guarantee by the end of the season they will be in the top 3 for worst defense in the NFL.

Yes the offense is to blame as well...an offense with most likely the worst offensive line in the NFL and a rookie with no preseason snaps and a very limited camp with a play caller who more than likely be out of a job by the end of this season. A guy who has no business calling plays for an NFL offense let alone coaching an NFL team.

But despite all of this, Burrow is still 100% for marching his offense down the field late in games and putting his team in scoring position.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:48 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: it's so much easier to blame everyone but Burrow. it's ridiculous some on here cant even watch a game objectively. I worry about Zac though his gameplan for 18 games has been awful hope his horrible playcalling doesn't ruin his confidence or injur Burrow. Were stuck with Taylor another 30 games

Seriously, what do you want from him? If you expected him to come into the NFL and hit all his throws right off the bat you are delusional. Has he made mistakes...absolutely. How was Tom Brady’s debut in Tampa? Has he played well enough in both games to not lose the game for his team...absolutely. That’s all anybody can ask of him this early in his NFL career. Andy got how many years of excuses? If Andy was here now, hands down this would be the worst Bengals team he’s played on.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:57 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Seriously, what do you want from him?  If you expected him to come into the NFL and hit all his throws right off the bat you are delusional.  Has he made mistakes...absolutely.  How was Tom Brady’s debut in Tampa?  Has he played well enough in both games to not lose the game for his team...absolutely.  That’s all anybody can ask of him this early in his NFL career.  Andy got how many years of excuses?  If Andy was here now, hands down this would be the worst Bengals team he’s played on.

Pro football focus rated this dline top 10 preseason. Literally every position group is better this season
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Pro football focus rated this dline top 10 preseason. Literally every position group is better this season

Oh yea? How’s that working out for them?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:52 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: The defense is terrible and I guarantee by the end of the season they will be in the top 3 for worst defense in the NFL.

Yes the offense is to blame as well...an offense with most likely the worst offensive line in the NFL and a rookie with no preseason snaps and a very limited camp with a play caller who more than likely be out of a job by the end of this season. A guy who has no business calling plays for an NFL offense let alone coaching an NFL team.

But despite all of this, Burrow is still 100% for marching his offense down the field late in games and putting his team in scoring position.

You’re being way too objective and rational for a game day thread. Cut it out.

Reply/Quote