Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Cowboys***
(09-18-2022, 08:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe Zac is putting a lot of trash footage out there for other teams to eat up on, so later in the season they turn on their super powers. Lol

But Burrow no longer has his source of power 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oddly enough last year at the half way point we were 4-4 then the Browns mopped the floor with us..4-5 .. Won two, lost 2 then won all the way to the SB..  All isn't lost yet..

If the offense can click...yeah we can run off wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This offense should score 24-27 at will.

Imagine how much trouble they'll have fielding a team when Burrow makes $40 million a year. Assuming he starts to play like it.

Joes play this year is not worth 40 million
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This game was such a bummer.  The saddest thing is why can't the Bengals get a decent O-line.  I mean they put a lot of money in free agency and the line still sucks.  It is really frustrating as hell as a fan to see the team trying and still falling short.

Last week wasn't a great day for the line, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some thought. This week, there's just no way around it...they stunk from start to finish. Just getting beat off the ball routinely and allowing constant penetration. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 07:46 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: The AFC is stacked with Mahomes and Allen led offences leading the way. We're currently struggling to compete with Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush. 

Basically gotta go at least 10-5 from here on if we lose today. And if we lose, we'll have lost to two really bad offences. Ol' man Joe Flacco might Mike White us next week!

I saw a decent amount of the Jets browns game earlier on redzone. The Jets look decent on offense or at least they did today. I think we are in trouble. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:49 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Joes play this year is not worth 40 million

That's the troubling part.

Could Zac ruin him? Could all the hits and sacks?
Reply/Quote
I'll donate my appendix to Joe .. No wait.. I've been cut on enough for both of us.. He should grow a beard.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Last week wasn't a great day for the line, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some thought. This week, there's just no way around it...they stunk from start to finish. Just getting beat off the ball routinely and allowing constant penetration. 

On runs too.

I think the issue last week was 100 plays and people remembered the pressure.
Reply/Quote
Gonna call it a night.

Season is only 2 weeks old, but it’s been a pretty awful 2 weeks.

Burrow will play better and the D will remain good, but they’re going to have to overcome Taylor’s calls and game management. Not an easy thing to do.

Hopefully they’ll tame the Ghost of Joe Flacco next week.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:46 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Coaching...coaching... and coaching.

When did we last have a remotely decent O-Line? At some point we have to realise the players aren't the problem.

The Bengals historically have had really good o-lines. Just not recently. I still remember Mike Brown saying a few years ago, "why should I pay blockers?" as he let guys like Whitworth and Zeitler walk.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the troubling part.

Could Zac ruin him? Could all the hits and sacks?

Like this has to be a coaching problem. Like, these players except for Volson are good and very good players. What is Pollack doing?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:52 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: The Bengals historically have had really good o-lines. Just not recently. I still remember Mike Brown saying a few years ago, "why should I pay blockers?" as he let guys like Whitworth and Zeitler walk.

The 90s was largely causes by horrible offensive lines.
Reply/Quote
I will scream scheme and Line all week. Joe didnt have a great game but it's because scheme and line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If the offense can click...yeah we can run off wins.

We did it with the amazing offensive line of 2021.. They were absolute studs.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
For those of you with the benefit of a DVR, Re-watch the game. The O-line looks even worse if you focus only on them.
Burrow played badly, as well, without any doubt. O-line was just so, so bad.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Karras, Kappa and Collins are not wide zone players. Neither really are Volson or Jonah. All of them are much better physically suited to more of an angled drive block scheme that attacks the defense instead of waiting back for the defense.
Reply/Quote
If the Jets are even competent on offense they will get enough extra possessions from us to score enough points to win.

Our offense right now is basically non existent
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:32 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: I grow tired of this play calling, we didn’t even try to push the ball down the field on last possession. You knew Dallas was going to be in great position to win it, if we didn’t get a first down.

3rd and 3, Burrow had a choice, throw out to Boyd and scan the field.. he choose Boyd.. the ball is in his hands not our coaches hands... im not staying not to throw to Boyd but Burrow is in control there
Reply/Quote
"Cincinnati is the first team in the Super Bowl era to start 0-2 despite being at least a 7-point favorite in each game."

Not ready.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Karras, Kappa and Collins are not wide zone players. Neither really are Volson or Jonah. All of them are much better physically suited to more of an angled drive block scheme that attacks the defense instead of waiting back for the defense.

And let me guess…..our runs and passes have been more of the types of plays where we wait for the lineman to come to us?
-Housh
Reply/Quote