Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Cowboys***
Bengals offense always looks like they are a step or two behind opposing D. The Defense is always in our offense face at the snap. Watching TB and Brady and NE Qback today, they seem to have time to look downfield and chose a receiver for nice gains. They have TIME after the snap. Burrow always looks like he is running for his life.

If Zach is a big part of the problem with the predictable play calls how do they get him to give it up? It isn't working. Who steps up and says something?
Bengals always look like they are in retreat mode and never attack mode.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I will scream scheme and Line all week. Joe didnt have a great game but it's because scheme and line.

Scheme / game planning is the part that's really getting overlooked. Zac, Brian and Frank really need to be under the microscope right now because I think they've cost the Bengals 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Karras, Kappa and Collins are not wide zone players. Neither really are Volson or Jonah. All of them are much better physically suited to more of an angled drive block scheme that attacks the defense instead of waiting back for the defense.

Yeah Collins looked bad, I'm curious on his PFF, he whiffed a few times and had at least 1 penalty. Junk play.
Reply/Quote
We just played two very good defenses.. With the top 2 pass rushers from last year and two really good secondaries..  It doesn't get much better than them..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 3rd and 3, Burrow had a choice, throw out to Boyd and scan the field.. he choose Boyd.. the ball is in his hands not our coaches hands... im not staying not to throw to Boyd but Burrow is in control there

Boyd breaks one tackle and we probably win the game

Burrow took a calculated risk. Maybe he looks to scan if the line hadn’t been so trash all year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Based on the personnel, it's VERY easy for other teams to tell what we're going to do. I read an article from a steelers practice player (who was on our practice squad this year I guess too), that "just from the personnel we can tell the play". Not just that it's a pass, but where it's intended to go.

What he means is Mixon, Perine, Hurst, Sample. We are super ***** predictable.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The Super Bowl honeymoon is over. The offense is playing like the end of the Dalton era one. It's that bad, and in my opinion that primarily falls on coaching. by not putting the players in the best position to succeed.

not sure how better position you can put our Oline in... also we had a chance to win again with the ball in our offense hands. and we are 0-2 for the season...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Boyd breaks one tackle and we probably win the game

Burrow took a calculated risk. Maybe he looks to scan if the line hadn’t been so trash all year

Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Emmit Smith combined aren't breaking that tackle. 

That throw had 0% of converting a 1st down
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: We just played two very good defenses.. With the top 2 pass rushers from last year and two really good secondaries..  It doesn't get much better than them..

Yeah, but we were in the Super Bowl. One great defensive player and that means we can't win? How have other teams beat them while we can't? 
I mean, I get what you are trying to say. It's not like these were absolute bums we are losing to, but we are supposed to be better and we are not.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:56 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Bengals offense always looks like they are a step or two behind opposing D. The Defense is always in our offense face at the snap. Watching TB and Brady and NE Qback today, they seem to have time to look downfield and chose a receiver for nice gains. They have TIME after the snap. Burrow always looks like he is running for his life.

If Zach is a big part of the problem with the predictable play calls how do they get him to give it up? It isn't working. Who steps up and says something?
Bengals always look like they are in retreat mode and never attack mode.

Excellent points of course; the Bengals seem to be playing in slow motion. Other teams look like they’re playing in fast forward in comparison.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Boyd breaks one tackle and we probably win the game

If you see on the replay, he looked at him the whole way. While not good, either, makes me think that was 100% the play call. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Excellent points of course; the Bengals seem to be playing in slow motion.  Other teams look like they’re playing in fast forward in comparison.

Looks like a team that didn't play in the pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not sure how better position you can put our Oline in... also we had a chance to win again with the ball in our offense hands. and we are 0-2 for the season...

For starters not running predictable vanilla schemed plays would help the line out which in turn will help the skill players to make plays.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

I don’t like the play call, you can not hope that someone breaks a tackle in that situation. You have to throw the ball past the first down marker.  You have handcuffed your defense, where they need a stop to go to OT. That is bad call management.
Reply/Quote
With all the players we drafted in D why is Flowers still in there? Has anyone seen any of the picks in the game this week or last?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They could get hot, but playing like this...they'll be lucky for 6 wins.

They’ll get some wins. Too much talent to not but they can’t overcome this level of coaching and really apathy.
Reply/Quote
Both lines are playing like trash. We have what 2 sacks in 2 games yet Burrow has 10. This is where the problem starts. Zac isn’t helping things.
Reply/Quote
Marches the ball down the field on the longest drive in years and next drive... 3 and out. Bang Head
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Anyone have a dvr? look at the kick never went through clear as day.

[Image: IMG-2145.jpg]

The ONLY way the ball looks like that is if it's crossed INSIDE the upright.

Will you kindly STFU now?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We have got to get pressure on these backup QB’s and create turnovers for this offense to do anything. This shit with getting lite up by backup QB’s is maddening. Flacco is going to look like Montana against us next week. Hell the Jets might start Mike White after he torched us last year.
Reply/Quote