Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Eagles***
(09-27-2020, 05:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I like the increasing amount of sos added throughout thread/day

I've got a massive hangover so I couldn't really bring myself to scream at the TV. So I just sat here muttering that phrase over and over.

The amount of sos I typed was how many times I'd said 'so bad' since the last time I'd posted.

It's just dedication to my craft - something the coaches and offensive line clearly lack.
Reply/Quote
Still think MIXON is overrated. Yes the line is complete trash but MIXON has got to make something happen once in a while. I just don’t get all the hype.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:59 PM)Takedown Wrote: After we turned away from Bieniemy once, I wouldn't be surprised to see him give us the cold shoulder if we came crawling back. He deserves to go to an organization with a better history. He already served his time here so...

Burrow. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:02 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: All the reporters and analysts need to call out Zac Taylor on the overblown hits and horrific offensive line play at the press conference.  Make him walk out before the press conference was suppose to be over.  Make him know that fans are pissed.  Your QB gets sacked 8 times plus numerous hits and pressure...and still has a 105.5 QB rating!

With these times of covid, I expect the press conferences to be more than the ballerina show they always are. Start taking questions from the fan base. Start answering real questions Mr. I earn millions a  year to lose all the games.

Reporters give softball questions, they don't want the interviewee to hate them. Fans, we don't give a shit. I boo my own team, I would fit in with Philly. I would boo Zac taylor off the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: D played well except when it was crunch time at the end of the half and that Eagles drive late in the 4th. They played mediocre at best vs a depleted Eagles offense.

Yep. Picking off Wentz is not that impressive right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Those complete shit times seemed to be when Anarumo stopped blitzing in entirety.

At the end of the day though, they allowed 23 points in 5 quarters, got 2 turnovers, and forced 6 punts (3 of which were 3-and-outs). That's playing pretty well as a whole.

They also got dominated on the ground again, 175 at almost 5 per carry. It's frustrating to watch teams continually running at will.
Reply/Quote
5 consecutive games within 1 posession or WIN or Tie now for Zac his best so far as coach its a start.
Reply/Quote
If I were the ownership I would bring in an actual NFL caliber OC as a "consultant" right away, and tell Taylor bluntly that the "consultant" is fully in charge of all aspects of the offense and if Taylor doesn't like it he can resign.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree most of it is there, but can we try Gio a few times? Is Mixon going to get jealous?

Unfortunately he cant break the tackle of the defender in the backfield
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: If I were the ownership I would bring in an actual NFL caliber OC as a "consultant" right away, and tell Taylor bluntly that the "consultant" is fully in charge of all aspects of the offense and if Taylor doesn't like it he can resign.

I would go one step further and circumvent Taylor and ask for Burrow's opinion before taking action.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There were PLENTY of posts last season and throughout the offseason that suggested the only problems on this team were because of QB performance.

No there wasn’t. Literally everyone that even casually follows this team has been screaming for upgrades at OL and better coaching.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:08 PM)OUatown Wrote: Unfortunately he cant break the tackle of the defender in the backfield

I mean, neither can Mixon.

Gio has a little better field vision and if dancing is necessary, I'd prefer Gio over Mixon. I also do think Gio makes it through smaller lanes and gains more yards in those situations, which for us, is every time we run. He has big play potential.

I know we tried this before and it failed too, no back got into a rhtyhm, but as evidenced by Gio's huge play, he needs more game time.
Reply/Quote
Burrow will be soaking in the tub tomorrow for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: how many aftah

Hopefully zero. Mike Brown and the ass clowns he hires deserves nothing better. 

That old ***** penny-pinching, late to the party, curmudgeon can go to his ***** grave with nothing but loss after loss in the rear view mirror, cementing him as the most pathetic, inept owner in the history of the NFL, along with professional and organized sports in total. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:08 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would go one step further and circumvent Taylor and ask for Burrow's opinion before taking action.

Sure thing - I would ask Burrow to opine on who the consultant should be. And listen to him as he will be running the system. 

No offense, but I think I could design a better offensive system than Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Still think MIXON is overrated. Yes the line is complete trash but MIXON has got to make something happen once in a while. I just don’t get all the hype.

He does every time he is met in the backfield and turns into a positive play, which is quite frequently.
Reply/Quote
I am happy with how Joe Burrow looks. Everything else needs a lot of work. I can't imagine how good he'd be if he had time in the pocket and a run game. I mean the game might actually be that close to unfair if so, such a thin line? lol.

He's taking a lot of sacks that he's not used to and doesn't know how to throw the ball away, he has things to work on, but we should be pretty happy with how he looks at this stage of his career in the given situation.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 05:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Nostradamus ?

Wow. You predicted a tie an hour ago. 

Way to sooth, Edgar Cayce.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I was thinking last 10 minutes whenever we had the ball try a bubble screen to AJ never did.
Reply/Quote
Burrow looks good. So do Higgins, Boyd and Gio. Sample even has looked good.
Reply/Quote