Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Packers***
You're overlooking another possibility that some shady character in a trench coat comes up to Andy in pressure situations and says,  "Hey look kid, too many people are betting on you so you need to suck in crunch time or we'll break your pretty wife's face.. kapeach? " lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:16 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Here's rational for you he has missed  wide open receivers or over thrown them at least 4 or 5 times a game now going all the way back to last year!!!!! 
He isn't a good QB they need to get rid of him, M.Lewis, and P. Alexander then we might start winning again!!!

at what point were we winning? what has this organization ever won? i'm just curious.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bullock missed a make-able FG that would have made a difference in the end. 

Elliott hit a 61 yard game winner for Philly that would have been good from 65. 

He also missed a kick or did you just ignore that? Or better yet, did you not even know he missed one?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rodgers threw a ball straight into the ground at a wide open WR in this game. He was also playing like shit in the first half when he was under pressure (before the Packers realized they could hold all day and not get called) scoring only 7 points.

His WRs were making amazing toe drag catches and such. The two "big throws" that made it to the LoS in OT were the plays that were called by the OC. He can't fix bad coaching.

Rodgers misses a pass and then completes a pass where his WR does a circus catch. Nothing.
Dalton misses a pass and then has his WRs completely vanish and be incapable of getting separation for 95% of the game. "**** YOU DALTON! "

As I said... rational.

Your right. Two TD drives in 3 games. And throws the ball away where no one can make a play better than any QB ever. Total stud.

Pretty good 3rd down conversion rate today. Screams clutch ass qb. I dont know how we keep losing with this chicken shit.. I mean stud
Reply/Quote
The incessant holding by the GB Oline, and the lack of calls, has forced me to reconsider sunday priorities.

Add that to the browns managing this org like a cheap subway sub shop.

They'll be moved to London soon enough. Why bother?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He's also not the answer. 

I'm ready to draft a QB. Especially if we're picking in the top 5.

I'd consider it, even though we really are still kinda in the division (everyone lost today). He misses easy reads, open receivers, and really makes some terrible throws. It's not just 1 or 2 a game that you can live with either.

But, I wouldn't switch yet either. I am unsure about AJM. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Just two touchdown passes...

In the first half. 

Unfortunately, they play 4 quarters in the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick n Jones gotta be the worst starting pair in league. Dre gets burnt on comebacks all day long, n cant tackle worth shit. Jones gets beat on every go route. we need more Jackson
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's concerning that Dalton is routinely missing passes this season that a seventh-year quarterback shouldn't be missing.  It's also concerning how quickly he seems to want to bail out of the pocket.

Look, if we assume the worst and this team finishes with a top 10 draft pick, I think you've gotta at least have a conversation at QB. He seems to be regressing big time.

When he missed the one late in 4th quarter that would have been a TD, I wasnt surprised at all. Yeah it was long pass, but one that has to be made as Romo said. Thats what separates good qbs from great ones. Ffs it wasnt even close. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Elliott also missed a 51 yarder in the 3rd quarter that would have meant they wouldn't have to attempt a 61 yarder.

He missed a FG, forcing them to have to win it with 1 second left. He still missed a kick. People seem to be ignoring this for some reason. The dude is still 4-6 as a kicker. That's not good.

Elliott; missed the first, hit the second with the game on the line. 

Bullock; hit the first, missed the second with a chance to extend the lead. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: We did some good things today

Did we make some football plays?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:22 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's concerning that Dalton is routinely missing passes this season that a seventh-year quarterback shouldn't be missing.  It's also concerning how quickly he seems to want to bail out of the pocket.

Look, if we assume the worst and this team finishes with a top 10 draft pick, I think you've gotta at least have a conversation at QB. He seems to be regressing big time.

Shit OL, shit OC, only 1 WR who can routinely get open, and a shit running game. Not saying Dalton is a worldbeater HoFer, he's not and never will be. But a competently run team (aka- not the Bengals) could win a lot of games and postseason games with him.

Just look at how Russell Wilson has been without a good OL and good running game this year.
First two weeks: 56.1% completion, 356 yards (5.4 YPA, 178 YPG), 1 TD/0 INT, 76.3 QB Rating.. and that's a far superior coaching staff and Wilson can escape pressure better with his legs. Wilson's won a SB and was a running play call away from winning a second and he still needs an OL and surrounding talent. It's not a rare thing. Well run teams normally just don't put their QBs into that sort of situation.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Any more...if he leaves the pocket, i go "damn, play over. throw away coming up".

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: if Elliot was better in pre season, he would have been our kicker! But he wasn't, so get off it!

lol
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:12 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: More like Andy plays bad...he's the only QB that has to deal with pressure.
Andy plays bad some more...Must be his play caller.
Andy throws 6 times  to AJ and and 15 times to RBs....straight ticket to Canton.  
Andy has good first half but defense didn't give him 10000 opportunities in the second half...defense lost us the game.

BURFICT will be back next game! He WILL make a difference in the D!! You are right though, the D lost this game! effin Kirkpatrick and that stupid pacman SUCK!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Your right. Two TD drives in 3 games. And throws the ball away where no one can make a play better than any QB ever. Total stud.

Pretty good 3rd down conversion rate today. Screams clutch ass qb. I dont know how we keep losing with this chicken shit.. I mean stud

Not having a single offensive holding call against you probably helps a lot. I have 30/20 vision, but wtf do I know?

Seems pretty obv the cards are stacked against us, regardless of our poor play and lack of HC leadership.
Reply/Quote
Sam Darnold. Now.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: He also missed a kick or did you just ignore that? Or better yet, did you not even know he missed one?

He hit the one that was important. The 61 yarder to win the game. 

Or did you just ignore that?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Elliott; missed the first, hit the second with the game on the line. 

Bullock; hit the first, missed the second with a chance to extend the lead. 

Bullock missed his first one in first half, then made the one late in 4th quarter to go up 24-17.
Either way he has missed one on the season, and made all 3 xps so far. 

He is doing a good job so far.

**** I was wrong. He missed one inearly 4th. my bad
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He hit the one that was important. The 61 yarder to win the game. 

Or did you just ignore that?

If he made the first one he never would have had to attempt the 61 yarder. Or does that not matter?

Bullock did the same thing, he was just lead down by the defense.
Reply/Quote