Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Packers***
(09-24-2017, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Damn. This team even has my brain ****ed up.  Sad

I was wrong too. He missed it in early 4th quarter, and made the one towards end of game. Nevermind most of what I said. lol

I think we all just need to chill, get drunk, find the woman, and try to forget all this.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay, that game is over. It's on to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did we make some football plays?

Yeah.

We obviously need to make more football plays, get more stops on third down, and score touchdowns.

We just gotta play better
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:41 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Can't blame the D at all. Even if Bullock makes the 1st FG without the pick six it would have been a L at the end of regulation. D did more than it's share to win the game.

Even though the O came out roaring and played well the first half lack of in game adjustments and poor line play in the second killed any chance they had.

The thing is, we're trying to assign blame...but the truth is neither our offense or defense is great. The offense doesn't move the ball when they need to and the defense collapses when they need stops.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To me...that's a FG a kicker has to made. The defense didn't hold the lead...but with those 3 points we hang on.

That's just it with this team. It's death by 1000 paper cuts.

Whether it's Dalton not seeing a wide open Lafell causing us to punt. A missed FG. The defense getting burned by a 4th string WR on a long pass. Stupid playcalls where we drop our best DE's into pass coverage.

You can't quite place your finger on just 1 thing that needs fixed.

Oh well...atleast we were competitive and scored.

This was a week where bad teams beat good teams. We just didn't do it.

the offense has to compliment he defense. They have to score points and hold the ball in both halves of the game so the D doesn't get so gassed in the 4th. We all knew Rodgers was going to score points today. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league, he's elite. the O has to consume clock to keep him off the field. The D had some chances to make big plays today, and they got a bajillion sacks on Rodgers, but the O gave Rodgers too many chances to score and he was able to gas the D with too many possessions. 

The D has to shoulder some of the blame, but the O failed to do anything in the second half. That's where the lionshare of the blame belongs.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: the offense has to compliment he defense. They have to score points and hold the ball in both halves of the game so the D doesn't get so gassed in the 4th. We all knew Rodgers was going to score points today. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league, he's elite. the O has to consume clock to keep him off the field. The D had some chances to make big plays today, and they got a bajillion sacks on Rodgers, but the O gave Rodgers too many chances to score and he was able to gas the D with too many possessions. 

The D has to shoulder some of the blame, but the O failed to do anything in the second half. That's where the lionshare of the blame belongs.

The running game was the major issue on offense. With the Packers missing their best DT and LB...Mixon only averaged 3.4 ypc.

That's a huge issue.

We haven't been able to run the ball in years.
Reply/Quote
Here is how I sum up the game. The Bengals won the first half with good offense and really good defense (21 -7). They lost the second half with poor offense and poor defense (3-17). And they lost overtime with poor offense and poor defense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The running game was the major issue on offense. With the Packers missing their best DT and LB...Mixon only averaged 3.4 ypc.

That's a huge issue.

I 100% agree. Our offensive line has had problems for a long time and they haven't found a way to fix the problem. 

PA still has a job and he's the coach to blame. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Dalton played an excellent game.

We had 5 sacks in the 1st half and the Packers made tremendous adjustments and used our aggressiveness against us. Guenther makes some questionable playcalls. Dunlap gets pressure at a high rate. He should NEVER be used dropping into a zone. NEVER.

With Randall Cobb out and their line dinged up...Rodgers put on a clinic of how to shred a defense. And our defense usually does wilt when it needs a stop.

I kept telling my wife we were going to lose it was just a matter of how. You could just sense it.

Yes.

Also....I was never excited during this game. I knew the Pack would win it.  We always find a way.

I can't pin the loss on any ONE aspect. EVERY phase failed at a crucial point at on time or another. ST missed a FG....got q very nice return calles back.  Defense blew coverage a couple times....and just had the wrong d called on the goal line.  Offense missed a wide open TD...and another gainer crossing over the middle. The blocking was hit or miss again. 

The positives...they hung in there with 12....and the offensive playcalling was much better.  MUCH better.  Typical no adjustment at halftime Marv was a negative.  You can scheme around the o line to an extent...but when you GOTTA throw....no way. Romo echoed that sentiment as well.  

Had we shitcanned Zamp early last season (or just never promoted him)....this could be an 8-8 or 9-7 team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The offensive line sucks and it ruins everything. You hold an Arron Rodgers led offense to 24 points, sack him six times, and have a pick six you should win.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Sam Darnold.  Now.

Hey, we're well on our way
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: What sucks is the two teams leading the division lose and us and the Browns still can't make up ground. I have watched every EVERY game since I was 12. I've watched this team religiously and have been a die hard fan through the 90's but I just can't take it anymore. Between this shity play, boneheaded coaching and the refs im done. I can't handle watching this team anymore with Lewis, Gunth and Dalton. I just can't, I get so pissed my blood pressure spikes, I start shaking this team is literally killin me. You guys have all been pretty cool but I need to step back from this shit show till some changes are made. I might still post from time to time but I seriously for my own health need to take a break.

Yeah....seriously....if it's doing you that way. Take that break...we don't need you stroking out man. Take care of yourself.  Be sure and come from time to time....we'll miss you around here...but you GOTTA make sure you do you...eff this shit show 

Anymore....I watch the games objectively if I watch at all....and I laugh when I call the inevitable happening....and I cheer when they do well. It's actually soothing...and fun.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The running game was the major issue on offense. With the Packers missing their best DT and LB...Mixon only averaged 3.4 ypc.

That's a huge issue.

But....by God....Piano Man is STILL here.

Let's blame Dalton. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Yeah.

We obviously need to make more football plays, get more stops on third down, and score touchdowns.

We just gotta play better

And how do you play better?

You just go out there and get it figured out. Easy peasy. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:56 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Here is how I sum up the game. The Bengals won the first half with good offense and really good defense (21 -7). They lost the second half with poor offense and poor defense (3-17). And they lost overtime with poor offense and poor defense.

Yup....but it was better than poor offense for 4 quarters.

In all honesty....when you can finally remove any REAL emotion from it because you KNOW we're not gonna win shit regardless of who's playing where because our ownership is THAT bad....it was a very entertaining game!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hey, we're well on our way

They'll screw it up and end up picking around 7-10.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can't pin the loss on any ONE aspect. EVERY phase failed at a crucial point at on time or another. ST missed a FG....got q very nice return calles back.  Defense blew coverage a couple times....and just had the wrong d called on the goal line.  Offense missed a wide open TD...and another gainer crossing over the middle. The blocking was hit or miss again. 

Which is what happens to us in big games or playoffs. Everyone loves Zimmer...but in the playoffs teams could run on us. People want to blame missing Dalton on why we lost to the Steelers but the Steelers were without Bell and had a RB off the streets come in and run on us.

It's death by 1000 papercuts. What it boils down to is this team has no strength that it can count on when the going gets tough.

Dalton was 21-27...with 2 TD's and 0 interceptions and people blame him.

Mixon had a lot of carries and averaged 3.4 ypc. There were plays where the Bengals ran the ball right into the blitz. We built the lead in the 1st half by taking deep shots to Green and throwing quick slants...and in the 2nd half he changed that all up.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup....but it was better than poor offense for 4 quarters.

In all honesty....when you can finally remove any REAL emotion from it because you KNOW we're not gonna win shit regardless of who's playing where because our ownership is THAT bad....it was a very entertaining game!

Yep. I'm not disappointed. I actually predicted we'd start 0-3 or 1-2 at the best. I have the ability to look at this team objectively and saw weaknesses in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They'll screw it up and end up picking around 7-10.

Or they'll just take a CB with a top 3 pick  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He hit a few in the seam...saw quite a few throws to the sideline/flat...saw a couple shovel passes...couple deep shots on free plays when we played undisciplined ball as usual.  That game?  Even Romo noted how he was nickle and diming us to death when the pressure started eating him alive.  It's call a-d-j-u-s-t-i-n-g.  I know us Bengals fans aren't used to that shit...but it happens every week in this league in other cities. We lost by 3. In OT. At Lambeau. To a HOF QB. Relax....lol

The difference is that Rodgers never gave up until he was in the clutch and for sure going down. You can pretty much guarantee that when Andy tucks and starts his Andy shuffle that the play is over and nothing is going to happen. Problem is that pressure usually ramps up in the second half and especially when the game is on the line and little orphan Andy cannot improvise. He's pretty much the anti-Rodgers QB of the NFL, noodle arm, can't run, inaccurate, cannot improvise, and cannot make plays outside of the pocket.

Problem is that you've been bungalized. So blinded that you can't see that the very coaching/management/ownership that you criticize for making bad decisions are the very same people who say Andy is a franchise QB. These people are so cheap and hard headed...loyal to a fault...that they will stick with a guy like Andy until forced to do something otherwise. Andy is the epitome of Marvin Lewis but on the field. He can ride the coat tails of other talented people but when it comes down to out coaching or outplaying actual elite coaches/players these guys are going to get outperformed every time.
Reply/Quote