Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Packers***
(09-24-2017, 09:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Bullock missed his first one in first half, then made the one late in 4th quarter to go up 24-17.
Either way he has missed one on the season, and made all 3 xps so far. 

He is doing a good job so far.

Damn. This team even has my brain ****ed up.  Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:31 PM)RASCAL Wrote: BURFICT will be back next game! He WILL make a difference in the D!! You are right though, the D lost this game! effin Kirkpatrick and that stupid pacman SUCK!!!

Or better yet: Bullock hitting that FG to give us 3 more points in the third, or our O doing ANYTHING AT ALL IN THE SECOND HALF. D was sucking air by the end of the game so I find it difficult to put the blame squarely on the D. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 08:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He literally couldn't have thrown more than 6 terrible passes.

In which case is your level of acceptance 100% completion or bust?

What I saw was when he should've thrown passes that counted he whiffed. He overthrew passes where people were wide open. I saw more than 6 bad passes. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: lol

Giving Philly a 5th round draft pick makes perfect sense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Elliott; missed the first, hit the second with the game on the line. 

Bullock; hit the first, missed the second with a chance to extend the lead. 

I have no idea what you're trying to get at with this.

If Elliott made the first one and missed the second one, the Eagles still win. Nothing changes.
If Bullock misses the first one and hits the second one, the Bengals still lose. Nothing changes.

Creating your own high pressure moments by F'ing up in the first place doesn't get you extra points or something. Lol

Bullock 2017: 4-5 (80%)
Elliott 2017: 4-6 (66.7%)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:03 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What??? Rodgers threw downfield outside of the pocket under duress... when did Andy make a single play outside of the pocket?  Not one single play.  Did Andy even run for 1 yard?  Rodgers most definitely didn't sink and dunk and he was pressured way more.  Every time Andy was pressured it was a sack or a throwaway.

What game were you watching?

He hit a few in the seam...saw quite a few throws to the sideline/flat...saw a couple shovel passes...couple deep shots on free plays when we played undisciplined ball as usual.  That game?  Even Romo noted how he was nickle and diming us to death when the pressure started eating him alive.  It's call a-d-j-u-s-t-i-n-g.  I know us Bengals fans aren't used to that shit...but it happens every week in this league in other cities. We lost by 3. In OT. At Lambeau. To a HOF QB. Relax....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shit OL, shit OC, only 1 WR who can routinely get open, and a shit running game. Not saying Dalton is a worldbeater HoFer, he's not and never will be. But a competently run team (aka- not the Bengals) could win a lot of games and postseason games with him.

Just look at how Russell Wilson has been without a good OL and good running game this year.
First two weeks: 56.1% completion, 356 yards (5.4 YPA, 178 YPG), 1 TD/0 INT, 76.3 QB Rating.. and that's a far superior coaching staff and Wilson can escape pressure better with his legs. Wilson's won a SB and was a running play call away from winning a second and he still needs an OL and surrounding talent. It's not a rare thing. Well run teams normally just don't put their QBs into that sort of situation.

LOLLOL wow. Wilson is WAY ahead of Andy Dalton.

Wilson is much better under pressure because he can do more than just run for a few seconds before going down. He has the speed to make people pay, and can still play well under pressure. It's not just about the run game.

Sorry, but this comparison is a reach. Part of being a great quarterback is being able to perform under pressure, PERIOD.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have no idea what you're trying to get at with this.

If Elliott made the first one and missed the second one, the Eagles still win. Nothing changes.
If Bullock misses the first one and hits the second one, the Bengals still lose. Nothing changes.

Creating your own high pressure moments by F'ing up in the first place doesn't get you extra points or something. Lol

I was wrong on the order of Bullock make/miss.

I'd still rather have Elliott, since neither one is going to be great right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Elliott also missed a 51 yarder in the 3rd quarter that would have meant they wouldn't have to attempt a 61 yarder.

He missed a FG, forcing them to have to win it with 1 second left. He still missed a kick. People seem to be ignoring this for some reason. The dude is still 4-6 as a kicker. That's not good.

Yea. Bullock is 4/5... Sooo much better than a rookie kicker with the longest fg by a rookie ever. 

Id much rather have the fat trusty vet who has proven he isnt clutch.

He practiced good. Which is totally awesome.

Im glad we blew a 5th round pick so somebody can set records for another team and we still have an unreliable vet
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In the first half. 

Unfortunately, they play 4 quarters in the NFL. 

Our offense was exciting in the 1st half. We took deep shots to Green and made a priority of getting him the ball.

In the 2nd half...we quit taking deep shots. They ran a bunch of screens and runs which were nice...but quit taking the shots to Green. Lafell was open too and they didn't throw him the ball.

The Packers had a ton of injuries to their defense...arguably their 2 best defensive players were out...and we just didn't get it done.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Damn. This team even has my brain ****ed up.  Sad

To be fair I remember that because Bullock was the only one to score after half time. And we had a 21 - 7 lead at half. 

And this isnt for you, but anyone trying to put blame on him for losing. We did not lose this game because of 1 missed field goal. The defense imploded after halftime and the offense only had 1 drive that had the possibility of scoring which was the field goal.

Would that field goal have helped. Absolutely. But even if he had made it, the series of events after it would have been changed from that point on meaning every single play would have been different until half time. Regardless, defense gave up 20 points after halftime, as the offense only scored 3. That is why they lost.
\

jeezus I am ****ed up too .. lol he missed early in 4th quarter not 1st half. I need to get drunk.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
With 2 minutes left , down by 7 , Rogers is a QB I would want to lead my team down the field to score .
With 2 minutes left , down by 7 , Dalton is the last QB I would want to lead my team down the field to score .
Time to stop celebrating failure .
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: He hit a few in the seam...saw quite a few throws to the sideline/flat...saw a couple shovel passes...couple deep shots on free plays when we played undisciplined ball as usual.  That game?  Even Romo noted how he was nickle and diming us to death when the pressure started eating him alive.  It's call a-d-j-u-s-t-i-n-g.  I know us Bengals fans aren't used to that shit...but it happens every week in this league in other cities. We lost by 3. In OT. At Lambeau. To a HOF QB. Relax....lol

Yep. Dalton played an excellent game.

We had 5 sacks in the 1st half and the Packers made tremendous adjustments and used our aggressiveness against us. Guenther makes some questionable playcalls. Dunlap gets pressure at a high rate. He should NEVER be used dropping into a zone. NEVER.

With Randall Cobb out and their line dinged up...Rodgers put on a clinic of how to shred a defense. And our defense usually does wilt when it needs a stop.

I kept telling my wife we were going to lose it was just a matter of how. You could just sense it.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Or better yet: Bullock hitting that FG to give us 3 more points in the third, or our O doing ANYTHING AT ALL IN THE SECOND HALF. D was sucking air by the end of the game so I find it difficult to put the blame squarely on the D. 

Can't blame the D at all. Even if Bullock makes the 1st FG without the pick six it would have been a L at the end of regulation. D did more than it's share to win the game.

Even though the O came out roaring and played well the first half lack of in game adjustments and poor line play in the second killed any chance they had.
Reply/Quote
Refs gave no holding calls on GB Offensive line and had 2 bad penalties in favor of GB = ballgame. They couldn't let Rodgers get sacked 15 times.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Elliott also missed a 51 yarder in the 3rd quarter that would have meant they wouldn't have to attempt a 61 yarder.

He missed a FG, forcing them to have to win it with 1 second left. He still missed a kick. People seem to be ignoring this for some reason. The dude is still 4-6 as a kicker. That's not good.

LOL..rookie kicks game winner from 61, an all time NFL record

When did Bullock make a 60 yard field goal? Right, never

Bad choice to cut Elliott and over time all of you will see we cut a promising rookie for a an old journey man kicker. Elliott missed a 51 yarder, Bullock a 40 yarder. Big difference
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Or better yet: Bullock hitting that FG to give us 3 more points in the third, or our O doing ANYTHING AT ALL IN THE SECOND HALF. D was sucking air by the end of the game so I find it difficult to put the blame squarely on the D. 

To me...that's a FG a kicker has to made. The defense didn't hold the lead...but with those 3 points we hang on.

That's just it with this team. It's death by 1000 paper cuts.

Whether it's Dalton not seeing a wide open Lafell causing us to punt. A missed FG. The defense getting burned by a 4th string WR on a long pass. Stupid playcalls where we drop our best DE's into pass coverage.

You can't quite place your finger on just 1 thing that needs fixed.

Oh well...atleast we were competitive and scored.

This was a week where bad teams beat good teams. We just didn't do it.
Reply/Quote
What sucks is the two teams leading the division lose and us and the Browns still can't make up ground. I have watched every EVERY game since I was 12. I've watched this team religiously and have been a die hard fan through the 90's but I just can't take it anymore. Between this shity play, boneheaded coaching and the refs im done. I can't handle watching this team anymore with Lewis, Gunth and Dalton. I just can't, I get so pissed my blood pressure spikes, I start shaking this team is literally killin me. You guys have all been pretty cool but I need to step back from this shit show till some changes are made. I might still post from time to time but I seriously for my own health need to take a break.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have no idea what you're trying to get at with this.

Yep. And the scouting report on Elliot was that he had a strong leg and was accurate from distance...but struggled in the intermediate game. Just because he hit that 61 yarder everyone assumes he's good from closer.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This was a week where bad teams beat good teams. We just didn't do it.

Maybe GB is the bad team and we're the good team....!!!!  Hilarious
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote