Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week #3 Giants Up and down
(08-23-2019, 11:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Let me start by saying so far I like Zac quite a bit and he is leaps ahead of Marvin. WTS what was with declining that early facemasking penalty you would rather have 3rd and 6 as opposed to 2nd and 17? why wasnt boyd playing on the first series either? if your not going too play him at all I understand but he was in the following 3 series after that.

Guess you missed that wonderful dropped pass...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought they said Jerry would play OT if needed.  He has actually started at OT in the NFL before.

Maybe, I did notice him come in at RT in the 2nd half. I think if it was a long term injury Jordan would make more sense just because of his athleticism. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What do you think of Dolegala ? I don't think I've seen him play before last night.

Limited obviously, but looked good in short work. I think for a big guy he slides well in the pocket. His first throw was nicely thrown. You could do a lot worse on your PS, and wouldn't be surprised if mid season someone added him to their roster as a back up.
Reply/Quote
I think the offensive line carousal needs to come to an end here soon. They need to get to a consensus group so these guys can build something even remotely cohesive. Where it stands now, they're not gelling.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: How is it we gut the coaching staff and the group that's struggling (as much as Oline and D) is ST? Is Simmons pissed he was passed over for the HC job after being here for what 16 years. I know he's not the one out there missing blocks, tackles and muffing returns but man it's frustrating.

Anyway
Up- QB's not named Driskel
WR's

Down- Run Game
ST's was better but still gave up a TD
Did Pratt even play?

didn't watch but followed on NFL APP, Run D looks questionable, Linebackers again a major concern....Run blocking ?? WTF? not another yr of 2.9per carry? What do we do with Rodney and T Williams? The Tate injury is a bummer..liked him to make an impact this yr...hopefully not too serious. Hopefully we can fill out roster with the some final cut downs to improve some areas. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guess you missed that wonderful dropped pass...

Yep, AD's 70% should have been 80% completions on the night and Boyd had room to run as well for YAC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:59 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I think the offensive line carousal needs to come to an end here soon.  They need to get to a consensus group so these guys can build something even remotely cohesive.  Where it stands now, they're not gelling.

This.  No other unit depends more on working together as a group than the O-line.  And the problem is NOT that we have too many talented players.  It is good to give everyone a shot, but they need to pick 5 and stick with them.

In another thread I suggested having designated "pass blockers" that could rotate in on passing downs.  But even in that situation each player would have a defined role and the unit could get used to working together.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  No other unit depends more on working together as a group than the O-line.  And the problem is NOT that we have too many talented players.  It is good to give everyone a shot, but they need to pick 5 and stick with them.

In another thread I suggested having designated "pass blockers" that could rotate in on passing downs.  But even in that situation each player would have a defined role and the unit could get used to working together.

Agreed completely.  That's not to say the "experiment" was pointless, but especially over these next few weeks they should start assigning guys to set positions.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They will. ZT already said as much about a week ago (that they will set their opening day OL at least two weeks before game one).
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 10:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: His pre game speech also involved saying to go out there and have fun.

If there's just one giggle during his presser... I'm done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Stock Down: Whoever is playing LT on 3rd down in a couple of weeks when Carl Lawson comes at him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, AD's 70% should have been 80% completions on the night and Boyd had room to run as well for YAC.

no he didnt he was about to get blown up by peppers and got hesitant.  peppers was coming down hill in a hurry to lay a lick that still needs to be caught everytime but he didnt have room to run
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is different in front of a camera than he is without a camera present.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Much better game tonight

UP - all 3 QB's played very well
Willis - won a job
Malone had nice TD grab and nice kick off return negated by penalty
Uzomah - was already a lock, but huge rebound week
Core - Will make tough call as he has been solid albeit not great
Hart - continues to improve pass blocking and no penalties..Yeah

Down - Our run offense stinks
McCrae was beat at will
Davis missed a key tackle

What was your take?

Man, I need to proof read titles
Could mod update title and spell and correctly?? 

Rodney Anderson sure looked good on the dump offs.

Great vision and really slippery. 

Need to get better run blocking is my only concern.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Green and Ross have missed every practice and the entire pre season though, who is supposed to be out there?

Fair point, but Tate and Willis didn't start the first two games. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor is different in front of a camera than he is without a camera present.

May I ask how you know that?

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:57 PM)jason Wrote: Stock Down: Whoever is playing LT on 3rd down in a couple of weeks when Carl Lawson comes at him.

ThumbsUp   Wink
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So who makes it: Topou or Wren?

They have Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, and then probably 1 more.
We have kept 5 DT in the past and with our issues stopping the run I think you go heavy here at this spot. Go light at LB or CB since most of our back up linebackers are not very good anyway. We can most likely stash a LB on PS that is just as good as most of our back up linebackers and call them up in case of injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What do you think of Dolegala ? I don't think I've seen him play before last night.
I do not think he makes it to the practice squad if we try to put him there specially if he plays next week as good as he did this week. I know I know he was playing against 3 stringers I do not think it matters with his arm and size someone will grab him as a 3rd QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 04:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We have kept 5 DT in the past and with our issues stopping the run I think you go heavy here at this spot. Go light at LB or CB since most of our back up linebackers are not very good anyway. We can most likely stash a LB on PS that is just as good as most of our back up linebackers and call them up in case of injury.

I think we are more likely to keep an extra end who can kick inside to DT then an actual DT.
Reply/Quote