Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Dolphins @ Bengals***
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)phil413 Wrote: Dude this is so messy

Someday, this is a movie with an 8lbs direction. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:14 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 13 in first two, 3 in next two. I’ll take it.

Jets and Miami are a step down from Watt and Parsons. 

Still, point taken. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)matmaven Wrote: D won that game. Period.

Yeah give Von the game ball even if the 2nd was a gimme
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Waited all night to chime in but maaaaaan, I’m tellin ya…fulltime white helmets on white jerseys, alternate the pants for home and away. Next season, MAKE IT HAPPEN! I absolutely LOVE this look!

Good night overall for pass pro, running game needs scrapped. Defense played a helluva game. PAY BELL!

Glad to hear Tua should be okay and traveling with his team.

I wouldn't be against drafting a faster RB.
Reply/Quote
Those uni’s look better with a win!

Not sure why Zac had to wait till so many backups were on the field for MIA to get more aggressive with his play calling but I hope the team sticks with it. Gotta force some runs to get that PA, but goodness it was painful a lot of the night.
Reply/Quote
Whitworth took off his Big Willie jersey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wouldn't be against drafting a faster RB.

Me neither. I want a big back who breaks tackles and doesn't dance in the backfield. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)BengalB Wrote: There’s no way. I don’t believe it.

His spine might be intact but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a brain bleed. His already rung bell got re-rung again.

The odds of a hospital discharging a person who makes over 7 million bucks early seems pretty low.  Now if I had a brain bleed they'd probably give me two asprin and tell me to sack up.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say Miami would have won with Tua, I'm just amused we're so terrified of backup QBs that we are thanking our lucky stars we didn't have to face Teddy Bridgewater all night.  

Well fair enough but, Teddy Bridgewater isn't a bad QB. Let's not get too hard on ourselves here. This was a tough, very tough Dolphins team. Offense was super boring tonight, looking forward to seeing some analysis on here, but, this was a tough team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:23 AM)Destro Wrote: Dolphins reporting Tua just took a nap on the field because he was tired. gave him Red Bull. Will play next week.

Just a flesh wound..mere bullet through the hippocampus. He'll play next week..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:24 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Jets and Miami are a step down from Watt and Parsons. 

Still, point taken. 

The Jets and Dolphins don't have a Watt or Parsons, but their overall defensive lines are every bit as good as the Steelers and Cowboys. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This was the most time I've spent in a gameday in about a year. Nothing has changed

I can only check in at halftime any more. Being in that looney bin during the game would ruin the whole experience for me.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Just a flesh wound..mere bullet through the hippocampus. He'll play next week..

Anyone who has followed Tua's college career should know... the guy is just permanently injured. Always. He will find a way to get injured even if he's not on the field. He doesn't know how to play football and not get injured. As talented as he is, he's doomed in the NFL. I almost feel bad for the Dolphins wasting their #1 on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Being ok and being medically capable of traveling home to your own doctors aren't the same thing.

There’s NFW. I’m a nurse and what I saw, once I finally understood what the heck happened, was not good.

he might be on his way home on a med flight with an ICU nurse, respiratory therapist and an Intensivist MD with all the meds for brain bleeds, I mean slight concussions…

I sure do hope he is ok though.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can only check in at halftime any more. Being in that looney bin during the game would ruin the whole experience for me.

It is not for the faint of heart/weak minded. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It is not for the faint of heart/weak minded. 

I'm pretty sure the internet itself isn't for anyone who doesn't want to be bombarded with hyperbolic whining.

But hey, at least the debbie downers were right about Mixon playing like crap, eh?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:31 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Anyone who has followed Tua's college career should know... the guy is just permanently injured. Always. He will find a way to get injured even if he's not on the field. He doesn't know how to play football and not get injured. As talented as he is, he's doomed in the NFL. I almost feel bad for the Dolphins wasting their #1 on him.

After rewatching it a few times I feel like he was out cold then fell. It didn’t look like he hit his head THAT hard, but he also looked like he had zero control of his body at the point right before impact.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:31 AM)BengalB Wrote: There’s NFW. I’m a nurse and what I saw, once I finally understood what the heck happened, was not good.

he might be on his way home on a med flight with an ICU nurse, respiratory therapist and an Intensivist MD with all the meds for brain bleeds, I mean slight concussions…

I sure do hope he is ok though.

He's OK in that he'll live through this, I'm sure. But the dude is doomed as far as being a professional athlete. Dude literally attracts injuries. If getting injured were a fantasy stat he'd be first pick every year.
Reply/Quote
They calling Burrow player of the game? Would have guessed Bell or Higgins
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It is not for the faint of heart/weak minded. 

Especially with this team. After Howard left the game we just needed to say screw the run and let Burrow find the open guy with high percentage throws.
Reply/Quote