Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Dolphins @ Bengals***
(09-30-2022, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The odds of a hospital discharging a person who makes over 7 million bucks early seems pretty low.  Now if I had a brain bleed they'd probably give me two asprin and tell me to sack up.

Sure he can be discharged, to the team’s doc…

But I don’t believe for a second they treated and streeted him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:33 AM)BengalB Wrote: After rewatching it a few times I feel like he was out cold then fell. It didn’t look like he hit his head THAT hard, but he also looked like he had zero control of his body at the point right before impact.

Yeah same, that injury was already there, it was just aggravated with whatever happened. Tua will either pull an Andrew Luck or just burn out completely. He's just not meant for sports. He's made of glass. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure the internet itself isn't for anyone who doesn't want to be bombarded with hyperbolic whining.

But hey, at least the debbie downers were right about Mixon playing like crap, eh?

I wanna be a Debbie Downer.. Any good drugs come with the job? lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah, it's an NFL conspiracy. The refs are always against the Bengals. Glad I wear my tin foil hat during the games.

I’m guessing you thought Miami played flawlessly then?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:37 AM)BengalB Wrote: I’m guessing you thought Miami played flawlessly then?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can only check in at halftime any more. Being in that looney bin during the game would ruin the whole experience for me.

It makes me laugh when people stop by a game thread to remind everyone they don’t participate in game threads.

And it’s almost always after wins.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:37 AM)BengalB Wrote: I’m guessing you thought Miami played flawlessly then?

Just as flawless as the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It makes me laugh when people stop by a game thread to remind everyone they don’t participate in game threads.

And it’s almost always after wins.

A lot of your guys posts in the GDT’s make me laugh, so the feeling is mutual. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That was a pretty quick diagnosis for Tua. Takes me 4hrs to even be seen in the ER.

I know. I’ve been a nurse for 24 years. That’s why I think it’s complete bs. Even if he was treated as a super VIP, which I’m sure he was, that’s REALLY fast…too fast.

Could be Miami’s docs stepped on our Cincy doc’s toes, too.

You need a neurologist or neurosurgeon to give the all clear. Those consults take at least an hour, if not more.

Getting him into the ER, registered, seen by ER doc, orders put in and nurse carries out orders, ER doc or nurse calls the consult, he has to go get a CT, (possibly MRI but I doubt it), then those docs have to review everything and also assess him/talk to his docs, nurse then has to discharge him.

All the while they also have all the traumas and other patients coming in to the ER, other patients already there, etc.

That would be INSANELY great time, like unbelievably great. That’s why I don’t believe it.
Reply/Quote
I wish Fitzpatrick was our QB2. I miss The Beard.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:34 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Especially with this team. After Howard left the game we just needed to say screw the run and let Burrow find the open guy with high percentage throws.

I'm sure I will die participating/reading this thread. I'm in a discord bengals voice chat group too and they're usually a play ahead, which makes it worse lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:46 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I wish Fitzpatrick was our QB2. I miss The Beard.

I was in the dawg pound when Fitzpatrick threw a floater to Chris Henry for a TD. It was 0 degrees with negative windchill so I left at half lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of your guys posts in the GDT’s make me laugh, so the feeling is mutual. LOL

It must be fun sitting there by yourself quietly and calmly though, that's definitely what watching sports is about. :)

It's like people that tell me they're not afraid of roller coasters. lol then don't ride it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:46 AM)BengalB Wrote: I know. I’ve been a nurse for 24 years. That’s why I think it’s complete bs. Even if he was treated as a super VIP, which I’m sure he was, that’s REALLY fast…too fast.

Could be Miami’s docs stepped on our Cincy doc’s toes, too.

You need a neurologist or neurosurgeon to give the all clear. Those consults take at least an hour, if not more.

Getting him into the ER, registered, seen by ER doc, orders put in and nurse carries out orders, ER doc or nurse calls the consult, he has to go get a CT, (possibly MRI but I doubt it), then those docs have to review everything and also assess him/talk to his docs, nurse then has to discharge him.

All the while they also have all the traumas and other patients coming in to the ER, other patients already there, etc.

That would be INSANELY great time, like unbelievably great. That’s why I don’t believe it.
He probably told them he ain't got no insurance..That always speeds things up and gets you sent on your way..
I remember when no insurance got you wheeled directly out to the parking lot..I figured out the trick though..The magic words.. I'm suicidal!  They'll sell off a couple of hospital wings then if needed.. You ain't allowed to kill yourself. That's THEIR freakin job!  Lol 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It must be fun sitting there by yourself quietly and calmly though, that's definitely what watching sports is about. :)

It's like people that tell me they're not afraid of roller coasters. lol then don't ride it.

I sit calmly.. Too old for getting pissed over a game..I save that crap for my arguments with the old lady.. lol
I got tired of having to replace crap I used to break.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:22 AM)BengalB Wrote: There’s no way. I don’t believe it.

His spine might be intact but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a brain bleed. His already rung bell got re-rung again.

They would have had to scan for that before allowing him to fly.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They would have had to scan for that before allowing him to fly.

Brain bleeds can and do occur much later after the fact..They don't always do that, but they often do. I seriously doubt he'll be sitting in the party section of the plane though.. 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: Brain bleeds can and do occur much later after the fact..They don't always do that, but they often do. I seriously doubt he'll be sitting in the party section of the plane though.. 

No party sections allowed after a loss. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I was in the dawg pound when Fitzpatrick threw a floater to Chris Henry for a TD. It was 0 degrees with negative windchill so I left at half lol

49 below..revile revile! <-- my very first day in Naval training..Great Lakes of 1977.. Gawd! That was fun!  5 feet of snow packed down to 1/4 inch and marching all over the damned place.. lol

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No party sections allowed after a loss. 

They're all millionaires.. It's always party time..

Reply/Quote